The Skype Runtime Error 216 is a very common runtime error that affects Windows computers. This error occurs on a variety of different systems but it is very easy to fix. Basically, this error occurs when your windows try to load a program or it may also occur when you try to start up your PC by using the Windows Operating System. It also happens when you try to launch a windows based program in Internet Explorer. The Skype error 216 occurs due to the corrupted files present in your system. Many people find this error to be quite irritating because it does not say what the exact problem is. If you are able to understand what causes this problem then you should be able to fix it very easily. In this article, we are talking about how can you fix this problem. You just follow this article properly.
What is Skype Runtime Error 216?
This is a common error that occurs when you try to load any new application in your operating system. It is basically a windows error that occurs when there are any corrupted files in your system. It can be a critical problem but you can fix it by Windows repairing programs and tools. The main cause behind this is the virus Subseven. But you fix this error by following this article properly. To resolve this you have put an antivirus in your system. Sometimes, you can get the PC reporting problem too.
How to Identify Skype Runtime Error 216?
You can easily identify the Skype Runtime Error 216 if you observe these things:
- When this error occurs your files may start disappearing
- The files and the apps will download slowly compared to the regular speed
- The dialog boxes will start appearing at the top of the screen automatically
- The CD/ DVD ROM can automatically be rejected when you try to insert and progress it
- Auto files and other media play without your permission
- You may face the freezing problem
- Your system may be working slowly
These are the symptoms or the indication of these error messages.
Causes of the Skype Error Code 216
- If your computer has attacked by SubSeven Trojan Virus
- For Windows PC error issue
- Or it may be the cause of Skype runtime error
Now, we shall discuss the alternative solutions to these error message.
Steps to Fix the Skype Error 216
The RunTime error code 216 on Skype is a little bit confusing but you can easily fix it by doing one of the following steps. But before doing these steps make sure that you have a high-speed internet connection. Here we declare some steps that how can you fix Skype Runtime Error 216. Follow the steps below:
Step 1: Enable or Disable Windows Automatic Update Issue
- At first, go to the Setting menu’
- Then click on the control panel
- After that click and open the Windows update option
- Check if any updates available or not
- If any update is there then first to Update it
- Or you can click and open the change setting option
- In the drop-down menu select Install Updates automatically option
- After that click on the OK option
By enabling or disabling Windows automatic update issue you will fix this Skype Runtime Error 216 in Windows 10. Or you can use a registry cleaner to clean the Windows registry.
Step 2: Run a Full Scan of the PC
To do this step:
- Click on the start menu option
- In the search box type Microsoft Security Essentials and open it
- In the scan option click on the Full option
- After that, click on the Scan now option to scan the system
- After the scanning process Restart your PC again
By doing a full scan on your computer you may fix this error
Step 3: Deleting Or Closing Subseven Trojan Virus From Your PC
- At first, go to the Start option
- In the search box type regedit.exe and press enter or OK option
- A pop-up message will generate. Click on the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
- And then go to the Subseven option and right-click on it
- After that click on the Delete option
- At last, close and restart your PC
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Delete from the keyboard
- A pop-up will open then click on the process tab
- After that, click on the Subseven
- Then, on the right side of the screen select the End Process to End it
- Close all the tabs
- Go to the Start and click on the My computers or computer option
- Search for files and folders or you can directly type Subseven
- After finding Subseven Trojan Virus File click on the Delete option
- Now delete it from the recycle bin also to delete it permanently
By trying the above step you may be able to fix the error. If not then follow the next step.
The Solutions at a Glance
To solve this error you must do:
- The first thing is to disconnect the internet connection
- Now perform a boot scan through a powerful antivirus program. It will fully scan your device to check the virus and malware. Try to delete the malware files that will appear after the scanning part.
- Remember that the antivirus will never scan the Windows registry entries. So you have to remove the Subseven.exe by yourself
- Click on the regedit and select Run as Administrator
- Now type the registry path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software.
To ensure your computer has fully free from harmful viruses it is advised to delete all the recently installed programs and downloaded applications. And you have a windows error that occurs when the scan randomly your computer to prevent the virus and hacker attack with the help of a powerful antivirus.
Summing It Up
Skype surely makes our lives so much easier. However, Skype is a good video calling app. The above article gives you a brief idea about Skype Runtime Error 216. Hope that this article will help you to fix this problem. If you have any questions regarding this, you can post them in the comment section below.