iPhone cannot be synced error 54 is one of the most general issues that the iPhone users encounter. This can happen when you are trying to sync the iPhone or other iOS devices with iTunes. You receive an alert message that says: “The iPhone cannot be synced. An unknown error occurred (-54).” The reason for this error message is usually associated with administrative permission. It is possible that if the iTunes folder on your iPhone device contains files that went through unnecessary modification. An outdated version of iTunes, invalid antivirus can also cause this error. Sometimes, if the iPhone software gets outdated, then error message 54 is displayed. If you are facing this error, then carefully read this article and learn some troubleshooting process to eliminate this particular iPhone error 54.
Effective Methods to Troubleshoot iPhone Sync Error 54
Sometimes, restarting your phone can help you to resolve the issue. So at first, you have to restart your iPhone and check whether the issue still persists or not. If yes, then try these methods which are mentioned below to resolve the iPhone sync error 54.
Method 1 – Update the Operating System
When you see this error on your screen, you can simply install the latest version of the Operating System to resolve this issue. First, check the version and then, install it on your device. To complete this method, check the undermentioned steps,
- Open your iPhone.
- Go to the Settings section.
- In the Settings window, tap on the General section.
- Tap on the ‘Software Update’ option, under the General section.
- If the update is available, then tap on the ‘Install Now’ option.
- Once it is done, restart your iPhone and then, check if the problem has been fixed or not.
Method 2 – Consolidate Media Files in iTunes Library
This is the most reliable method to resolve the iPhone cannot be synced error 54. Follow the steps as mentioned below,
- Open your iTunes account.
- Go to the File section.
- Tap on the Library option.
- Mark the Consolidate Files.
- Tap on the OK option.
Method 3 – Uninstall the Antivirus
An alternative method that you can apply to fix the iPhone error 54 is by deleting the antivirus. Follow the instructions given below,
- Tap on the Apple icon to open the menu list.
- Choose the ‘System Information’ from that list.
- Select the USB under the Hardware section.
- If you notice your iPhone in the USB device list, then uninstall the third party antivirus from the system to fix this issue.
Method 4 – Update the iTunes
Updating iTunes can also help you to get rid of this issue. Follow the directions given below:
- Open the Apple menu list, by taping on the Apple icon.
- Go to the Apple store.
- Then, tap on the More option.
- Next, navigate to the ‘Software Update’ section.
- If any updates are available, tap on the Update option.
- Once it is completed, install it.
- Reboot the device.
With the help of these methods, you can easily eliminate the iPhone cannot be synced error 54 from your device. If you are still unable to solve this error, then the best way out is to opt for a professional’s help.