Generally, Windows allows users the function of sharing files which are on the same network. However, in spite of fulfilling all the conditions, some errors are bound to occur. And one of the common ones is error code 0x80070035. This error generally takes place when you fail to access the network resources. As Microsoft allows computers that are using the same operating system, to have access to the files and folders on each other’s computers wirelessly. Besides, the error can be occurred due to Firewall, DNS or Anti-virus. To know more about the error and the solutions procedure, try to follow this article to the end.
Reasons to Encounter Error 0x80070035
Here are more than one reasons which you can encounter this typical error with your device. Identify the exact reason and then resolve it with the exact solution.
- In case, if you have not shared your drive, then you can encounter this error with your device.
- Due to some inconvenience present in the Network Security settings this error might appear.
- In some cases, you can also encounter this error due to the third-party antivirus that is being used.
- Some inconvenience present in the IP address might also lead to this Error Code 0x80070035.
Well, now, let’s focus on the solutions to fix this error.
Resolve Error Code 0x80070035 with Effective Methods:
In order to resolve 0x80070035, you should try out these steps stated below:
Method 1: Make Sure you have Shared Your Drive
In case, if you have not shared your drive, then you can encounter this Error Code 0x80070035 with your device as well. Then try to follow these steps:
- First of all, right-click on the drive which is targeted by the computer which you want to visit and select the properties button.
- After that, you have to go to the Sharing tab. In case, if you notice that the network path says Not Shared, tap on the Advanced Sharing.
- Once done, you have to make the box marked checked against this shared folder. Now, be sure that the Share name is correct.
- Now, you have to tap on the Apply button and hit the Ok button to continue and exit from it.
- After the above step is done, you have to press the Window key and R at the same time to launch the Run dialogue box. Once done, you have to type the name of the folder in the search box as well as hit the Enter key.
- Now, you will be able to access this folder correctly.
After completing all of the above steps, you will be able to fix this error on your own. If not, then try to follow another alternative method.
Method 2: Use IP address of the Computer
By using the IP address of the computer you can easily fix this error occurring in your device. In that case, you have to try out these steps;
- First of all, on your target computer, you have to press the Windows key and the R at the same time to launch the Run dialog box.
- In this dialogue box, you have to type cmd.
- After that, in the command prompt window, you have to type these command: ipconfig /all then hit Enter to continue.
- After completing these steps, you need to scroll down a little bit to locate the IPv4 Address category.
- Now, you have to mark down the address (192.168.43.157).
- Once done, you have to press the Windows key and R at the same time again.
- Now, in the search box, you have to type the \\IPv4 Address\the drive which you want to access. After that, you have to hit Enter to continue.
- Now, you will be able to see the C drive, and open it.
In case, if you are unable able to see the drive, then you need to follow the next method.
Method 3: Change Network Security Settings
You can also change the network security settings in order to fix this issue without further delay. In that case, try to follow these steps:
- First of all, you have to hit the start button. After that, in the search box, you have to type secpol.msc as well and hit Enter to continue.
- After that, you have to go to the LAN Manager authentication level by going to the Local Policies which is situated under the Security Options in the Network security.
- Once done, you have to choose from the drop-down menu. Send LM & NTLM-use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated. After that, you have to select Apply and tap on the Ok button to save the changes.
- After performing all of these steps, you have to check the status of the error. If you are unable to fix it, then you have to follow the next method mentioned below.
Method 4: Reset TCP/ IP
You can also reset the TCP/IP, in order to resolve this error on your own. In that case, try to follow these steps:
- First of all, you have to right-click on the network connection icon located in the bottom right corner as well as you have to choose the Open Network and Sharing Center option.
- After that, on the left side of the pane, you need to select the option Change adapter settings.
- Once done, right-click on the network adaptor which you are using and select the Properties button.
- In case, if you are using a WiFi connection, you need to tap on the network adapter.
- Now, tap on the Install button.
- After that, you have to choose the Protocol option and tap on the Add button.
- Now, you have to choose the Reliable Multicast Protocol option as well as tap on the OK to install the protocol.
After completing all of these steps, you will be able to fix this error appearing on your device.
Method 5: Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP
You can also try to enable the NetBIOS over TCP/IP to resolve this error on your own. To perform this action, try to follow these steps;
- First of all, you have to press and hold the Windows and R key at a time to launch the un dialogue box.
- Once done, you have to type ncpa.cpl as well as you have to tap on the Ok button to continue.
- Now, right-click on the connection and choose the Properties option.
- Tap on the “Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Version 4” in the list.
- After that, you have to tap on the Properties and navigate to the advanced button.
- Now, on the Advanced TCP/IP settings windows, you need to go to the “WINS” tab.
- Then, under the NetBIOS setting, tap on the “Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP”, as well as you have to tap on the Ok button to continue.
So, these are some effective steps that you can implement easily to get the most fruitful result. But, in case, if are still facing any issues with any of the above methods, then you can leave us a comment.