“ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE” is one such error message which appears on the internet browser and does not allow to access a website using it. If this quoted message appears on your browser screen, then studying this article will be beneficial for you.
From this article, you will get to learn the complete workarounds to fix the error efficiently. Try the methods one by one as arranged here.
If you are lucky, then after trying a few methods you will get your desired result that is the problem gets resolved. So, let’s not waste time and proceed further.
How to Solve the ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE Error?
To get rid of the error: ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE, you can try out the below methods.
Method 1: Clean the Browser’s Saved Data
The first method you can try to fix this error on Chrome is to clean the browser’s saved data. This is one of the easiest and most effective workarounds to solve the problem.
- At first, launch the Chome browser.
- After that, click on the three-vertical doted icons from the top right-hand side corner.
- Next, from the menu window, navigate the mouse pointer onto the History section. Then click on the “History” option from the sidebar panel.
- Further, from the left-hand side panel, select “Clear browsing data”.
- Then, under the Clear Browsing Data window, ensure the following options checkboxes are active.
- Browsing history
- Download history
- Cookies and other site and plugin data
- Cached images and files
- Autofill form data
- Hosted app data
- Media licenses
- Also, ensure that the “Obliterate the following items from:” is set as the beginning of time.
- And finally, click on the “Clear browsing data” button.
Once Google Chrome saved data is removed, restart the browser and then check if still, the error message appears or not.
Method 2: Clear the Temporary Files
After clearing the browser’s saved data, if still, this error persists, then clear all the Temp folder contents.
According to a few of the users after cleaning the Temp folder contents, the Chrome browser returns back to work normally.
- At first, press the Windows and the letter R key at a time to open the Run bar window.
- Then, in the Run bar type Temp.
- Next, click on the OK button. This will get you the Temp folder open under the File Explorer window.
- Now, to select all the files and folders under Temp, press down both the Ctrl and the letter A button at a time.
- Further, press down the Shift+Delete keys from the keyboard.
- Now, select the “Yes” button under the Delete Multiple Items window. It will take a few seconds to complete the process.
- Then, restart your computer, to get the full effect of this method.
Now, open the Chrome browser to access the internet. Hopefully, this time you will not face the error: ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE further.
Method 3: Reset the Network Settings
Resetting the network settings is another effective workaround to fix this error. To perform this method, you need to follow the steps cited below:
Step 1: Open the Administrator: Command Prompt Window
There are several ways to open the Command Prompt window with the Administrator privileges. Proceed with your chosen way.
Way 1: First of all, press the Windows button to activate the search bar. Next inside the search bar, type cmd. After that, from the search result, right-click on cmd or Command Prompt. Further, from the Menu window, select the “Run as administrator” option.
Way 2: Press down both the Windows button along with the letter X to get the Menu window on the screen. After that, from the Menu window, select “Command Prompt (Admin)”.
Step 2: Execute the Commands
Now, execute the below-said commands one-by-one on the Administrator: Command Prompt to reset the Network settings.
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /all
Press down the Enter button after each command to execute.
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /renew
- netsh int ip set dns
- netsh winsock reset
After executing both the commands, close the Administrator: Command Prompt. Now, restart both the computer and the network device.
Then, open the Chrome browser to use it and to confirm if the issue still persists or not.
Method 4: Disable Browser Extensions
If an extension of the Chrome browser is the factor causing the error: ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE. In that case to verify, disable all the Extensions of the Chrome browser at first.
The steps you need to allow to disable the browser extensions are as follows:
- Launch the Chrome browser at first.
- After that, click on the three-dotted icons that are present at the top right-hand side corner of the window.
- Next, from the three-dotted icons menu list, select More tools and then Extensions.
- Now, under the Extensions window, disable all the extensions one by one.
- Further, restart the Chrome browser and then check if the issue gets resolved or not.
Method 5: Modify DNS Server Addresses
After trying all the above methods, if still, this error message returns back, nothing to worry about. Try this further method.
To modify the DNS server addresses, at first, open the Run bar window. Press the Windows button along with the letter R for that.
Next, in the Run bar type control. Then, click on the OK button. This will open the Control Panel window.
Further, ensure that the “View by” option of the Control Panel window is set as “Large icons”. Next, click on “Network and Sharing Center”. After that, from the left-hand side panel of the window, select “Change adapter settings”.
Now, under the available network options on this window, right-click on the network type you are using. After that, from the Menu window, select “Properties”.
Under the Networking tab of the Network Connection Properties window, double-click on “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)”. Then, under the General tab of the next window, enable the checkbox for “Use the following DNS server addresses”.
Further, enter the following details of the sections as given below:
- Preferred DNS server: 126.96.36.199
- Alternate DNS server: 188.8.131.52
Next, click on the OK button to save the changes.
Now, restart your computer. After that, use the Chrome browser to ensure that the issue gets resolved.
All these are the most effective methods by the application of which you can solve this error efficiently. Hope for the positive and try the methods one by one.
If you are facing ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE on Mac using the Chrome browser, then try all the solutions mentioned above until you get the problem resolved.
Employing an expert will be the better option to do all the tasks on your behalf.