Printers are one of the most innovative modern technology which has helped us by reducing our work and making our life more effortless and comfortable. With printers, you can easily have a replica of a document within a few seconds. When it comes to printers, Epson is one of the most renowned brands which is well-known for its high-quality printing solutions. Despite the gadget is equipped with high-end specifications for extraordinary performance, there are many users who encounter issues with their Epson printers during a printing session. One of the most commonly reported error is Epson error code 0x97. You might find this error in Epson WF-4630, WF-3640, WF-7610, etc.; thus they are the worst victims of this error.
Potential Causes Behind The Occurrence Of Epson Error Code 0x97
Epson WF-3640 error code 0x97 generally pops up on the screen without giving any prior warnings. It occurs due to an internal hardware issue between an ongoing printing session. In most of the cases, it has been found that the error takes place because of the motherboard failure because of rough handling of the device. Some other reasons which can be responsible for this error are as follows:
• Due to the corrupted Windows Registry
• If the system is not shut down properly
• Because of the inappropriate installation
• Due to the corrupt system files
• Spyware or Adware attacks
No matter whatever be the reason of this error, once the error is displayed in the LED screen of the printer, then your printer will stop working. In case, you are struggling with this Epson error code 0x97, take any corrective action as soon as possible to continue your printing session.
Smart Solutions To Resolve Epson Error Code 0x97 From Your Printer
Once you encounter this error on your Epson printer, you should not trust various unreliable sources to fix this error as you might end up spending a lot of money on repairing the damage. In contrast to this, you can apply our recommended and trusted solutions one by one to fix Epson error code 0x97 from your printer.
Solution 1. Remove jammed paper by disconnecting and reconnecting the printer
- At first, you have to cancel all the printing jobs that you were attempting to do.
• Then, unplug all the USB and all other cables which are plugged in your printer.
• Next, to that, ensure that you have disconnected the printer from your PC.
• After that, you need to open the printer cover and remove all the jammed paper from it carefully.
• Then, remove and reinsert the cartridges and also discharge any residue left in the printer by pressing the Power button in your printer.
• Thereafter, plug the printer’s cables back and connect it to the PC. Next, you have to reload the paper and try to print another document to verify whether the issue gets fixed.
Solution 2. An alternative fix by turning your printer off and on
- First of all, turn off the printer by pressing the Power button and remove all the cables plugged on it.
• Then, wait for approximately five minutes and push down the Power button.
• Hold it like that for 2 minutes and at the same time, plug in the power cable into your printer. For doing this, you can take someone’s help.
• After you have plugged in the power cable back, press the Power button for an additional 1 minute and then release it afterward.
• Then, you can easily connect your printer back to the computer and also you have to plug in back all the cables that you have earlier disconnected from it.
After performing these steps, you can try to print a document to test if the Epson error code 0x97 persists
Solution 3. Clean all the clogged nozzles of the Epson printer
Many users have found that the right fix for error 0x97 can be cleaning the printer’s head nozzles. Therefore, we have provided a guide below to clean your printer nozzles safely by following some simple steps:
• At first, turn off the printer and then disconnect it from the power source and from your PC.
• Then, open the printer’s case and take a piece of paper towel and fold it the way so it can fit below the printer head.
• After that, use any cleaning fluid which contains ammonia to clean the printer head.
• Then, you have to place the soaked paper towel in the center from where the printer head moves.
• Thereafter, you have to position the print head to the center and leave it for at least 12 hours.
Solution4. Install the missing drivers by using Windows Printer Troubleshooter
- At the beginning of the process, you have to download the Windows Printing Troubleshooter.
• Then, run this executable tool to detect and diagnose where exactly the problem lies.
• After that, you need to install the missing printer drivers by doing right-click on the Windows menu icon.
• Next, select the Device manager for finding out the printer issues.
• At last, go to Printers and do right-click on it. From there, choose the Update Driver option.
Solution 5. Contact the manufacturer of your printer for a motherboard failure
If the Epson error code 0x97 occurs due to the motherboard failure, then you must not waste your time by applying the other solutions. You should directly contact the manufacturer of your printer for reporting the issue to ask them for any professional help.
These options are enough to fix Epson error code 0x97 efficiently, but if you find that these solutions are not useful, then you should contact a team of experts to fix the issue with the best and appropriate solutions.