While working with Dell laptops, users often find that the keyboard has stopped working, without any prior reason. Sometimes, they might even find that some specific keys are not functioning. Generally, users face this issue due to a faulty connection within the keyboard. There is a possibility that due to prolonged use, the keyboard is not working properly. Hence, in this article, we are going to discuss some easy ways to fix Dell laptop keyboard not working issue.
Reasons Behind Dell Laptop Keyboard not Working In Windows 10
The reasons due to which you might face ‘Dell laptop keyboard not working in Windows 10’ error are as follows:
- Due to excessive accumulation of dust and dirt on the keyboard.
- If there is a faulty connection between the laptop and the keyboard, then, you might face this problem.
- Using faulty hardware driver.
- If there is a hardware fault, then, you might face this problem.
Effective Ways to Resolve Dell Inspiron Laptop keyboard not Working Issue
The effective ways to resolve the Dell Inspiron Laptop Keyboard not Working issue are listed below. Take a glance:
- Clean the dirt and dust.
- Restarting the Dell laptop.
- Uninstalling the Dell Laptop’s keyboard driver.
- Updating the Dell Laptop’s keyboard driver.
Method 1: Clean the Dirt and Dust
Sometimes, due to excessive dust and dirt on your laptop keyboard, it stops working. Hence, cleaning the keyboard can help to fix the issue. However, if cleaning the dust and dirt does not fix the problem, then, follow the next method.
Method 2: Restarting the Laptop
This is a simple way to resolve the issue. Sometimes, by restarting your laptop, the keyboard starts working normally. Thus, follow the steps to restart your Dell laptop:
- At first, tap on the Windows logo key and select the power key.
- Then, click on ‘Restart’ or ‘Reboot’.
- As soon as the laptop restarts, check whether the keyboard is working properly.
Methods 3: Reinstalling your Dell Laptop keyboard driver
If there is any problem with the keyboard driver of your laptop, then, you might face this issue. Thus, to uninstall the keyboard driver of your Dell laptop and again reinstall it, follow the steps discussed below:
- Press the Windows key and choose ‘Control Panel’.
- Then, set ‘View by’ to ‘Large Icons’.
- After that, click on Device Manager.
- Next, pinpoint the option ‘Keyboard’ and expand it.
- Now, right-click on ‘Keyboard Driver’ and choose the option ‘Uninstall’.
- Finally, reboot your laptop to automatically reinstall the keyboard driver.
Method 4: Updating your Dell Laptop Keyboard Driver
Go through the guidelines, mentioned below, to update the Dell laptop’s keyboard driver:
- At first, press the Windows key and type ‘Device Manager’ in the search panel.
- Then, click on ‘Device Manager’ from the list.
- After that, right-click on ‘Keyboard’.
- Next, choose the option ‘Update Driver’.
- Finally, click on ‘Check for Updates’.
Thus, by following the steps, you can successfully update the keyboard’s driver.
Here, we have provided all the proper guidelines to resolve the Dell laptop keyboard not responding issue.