When a user tries to copy some files to the hard drive, they may receive various types of error or warning message on their system. And the data error cyclic redundancy check is one of them.
The Cyclic redundancy check is an error-detecting code that is mainly used for the data verification process. Usually, this error tries to inform a user about the issue associated with their files or hard drive.
Now, if you get this error on your system, then follow this article to learn the possible solutions. Thus, without wasting any time, let’s have a look at them
Main Causes of the Data Error Cyclic Redundancy Check Message
In this section, we have explained the problematic factors which lead to this error in the system. Have a look at those factors:
- Corrupted sections of the Hard drive.
- Faulty hard drive.
Now, you must be acquainted with the main causes of this error. So, let’s move on to the solution section.
Prominent Ways to Resolve Data Error Cyclic Redundancy Check
In order to remove this error, you need to follow the given solutions properly. And you need to ensure that nothing interrupts the process.
Run the CHKDSK Utility
Usually, this error is triggered by a drive error, hence, you need to run the CHKDSK Utility in order to repair it. To activate this tool on the system, follow the given steps.
- Open the WinX menu by pressing the Windows key + X key. In that menu, you will get the Command Prompt ( Admin) option.
- This will launch the Command Prompt window with Administrative rights. There you need to type “chkdsk /f x:” and hit the Enter key.
- While typing the command line, replace the X with the drive letter that is suffering from a corruption problem.
- Now, a scanning process will start on the system. During that process, the Utility tool tries to find and repair all the corrupted sections of the selected drive.
Once the scanning process gets complete, reboot the system and look for the error. You might note that the error is fixed.
Now, if the given solution is unable to help you out with the “data error cyclic redundancy check Windows 10” then it might be possible that a severe problem has stuck in your system.
And in order to solve those hardware problems in the most efficient way, you should contact a technical expert.
We hope that our solutions and suggestion are able to assist you in this error removal task. For more information keep following our upcoming articles and posts.