For Windows users, one of the most common errors that they confront is the connection error 651 Windows 10. Mainly the error occurs when they upgrade their device from Windows 7, 8, 8.1 to Windows 10. In addition, when you try to connect the network with the PPPoE connection. Here, PPPoE stands for Point to Point Protocol over Ethernet. If there is a conflict between the IP address, then the error code 651 appears. Moreover, the error code 651 implies that the modem could not be reached and as a result connection could not be completed or it might be an authentication problem. On that note, try to follow the article until the end which will guide you to fix this problem on your own.
Hacks to Resolve Connection Error 651 Windows 10
In this guide, you will find all the necessary methods in order to fix the connection error 651 Windows 10. Performing the procedures and steps carefully and you will be able to fix the issue without any trouble. Hence, let’s get started with the first solution:
Method 1: Restart the Computer and Modem
Basically, the connection failed with error 651 Windows 10 appears due to a PC or Modem issue. When there is something wrong while connecting the modem with the system the error code appears on the system’s screen. Hence, restarting the modem and the system can solve your problem. Hence, to proceed further, follow the steps mentioned in the section below:
- At first, switch off the computer. But before that, you need to ensure that you save all the data that are stored on your computer.
- Then, turn off the modem and disconnect all the power connections. After that, disconnect all the power cables which are connected to the modem and the computer.
- Now, wait for a while and then, plug the modem and computer again. Re-connect the modem with the power source and turn on the modem and computer.
- When the modem and the computer working properly, try to connect again and check if any error code appears or not. Otherwise, jump to the next methods.
Method 2: Update the Network card driver
Updating the network driver also helps you to trigger error 651 Windows 10. Hence, to eliminate the error, you need to ensure that, you have installed the updated version of the network drivers. To do so, follow the steps mentioned in the section below:
- At first, launch the Device Manager on the system. After that, locate the network adapter driver and then right-click on it.
- Now, select the Update Driver option. It will automatically download the latest version and install the updated version of the system.
- At last, restart the computer and check the internet connection of your computer.
Method 3: Troubleshoot Settings in the Network and Sharing Center
Many Windows 10 users reported that set the network and sharing center can help them in order to fix the issue. To do so, follow the steps described in the section below.
A. Turn off IPv6 for your Internet connection
Turning off the IPv6 is to solve the problem many times. Hence, disable the IPv6 connection for your modem for a time being and check whether the error code still persists or not.
- Firstly, right-click the Internet icon which is present in the bottom right corner of the computer. After that, select the Open Network and Sharing Center option and click on that.
- Now, click the Change Adapter Settings option and then right-click on the network connection. After that, press the Properties option.
- A pop-up box will appear on the system screen. Uncheck the box and move to the next window. After that, select the Internet Protocol version 6 (TCP/IPv6) from that window. Then press the OK option to save the settings.
- At last, connect to the network again and check the status of the error code 651.
B. Create a new dial-up connection
Sometimes, creating a new dial-up is helpful for you and solves the error code without any trouble. Therefore, follow the step if there has already been a dial-up connection for the network.
- Firstly, select the internet icon from the bottom right of the system and right-click on it. Then, press the option Open Network and Sharing Center.
- After that, press the Change Adapter Settings option. Then right-click the Dial-up connection and press the Select Create a Copy option.
- Now, click the Original Dial-up Connection option and choose the Delete option.
- Next, try to connect the network again and see if the problem is solved.
When you first time connects with the network, then follow the below-mentioned steps:
- At first, right-click the Internet icon which is present in the right bottom corner of the system’s screen. You will get Open Network and Sharing Center option, click on that.
- After that, select the Set up a new connection or network option. Then, choose the Connect to the Internet which is pop-up on your device screen and click the Next option to move forward.
- Now, select the Set up a new connection anyway option and then choose Broadband (PPPoE).
- Next, enter the username and password in the empty box which is provided by the Internet Service Provider. Click the Connect option
After completing the process, check whether the problem gets resolved.
Method 4: Readjust the TCP/IP on the Windows OS
Basically, Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) worked as a communication protocol in the private network of the system. While processing the internet connection, it plays a vital role. Basically, TCP defines how the programs can create communication channels via a network. On the other hand, IP is responsible for the address of each and every packet. Hence, you need to make sure that it is sent to the proper destination. Therefore, resetting the TCP/IP is one of the effective methods in order to fix the error code 651. After that, try to replug to the Windows network stack.
- Click the Start button and in the search box type cmd to open the Command Prompt. Right-click on the Command Prompt option and select Run as Administrator option. After that, press the Yes option to confirm.
- Enter the below-mentioned command in the Command Prompt and hit the Enter button.
netsh int ip reset reset.log
- After executing the command, restart your device and now you are able to connect the network.
This step will help you how to fix error 651 in Windows 10 with ease.
Method 5: Turn off the auto-tuning feature
Turning off the auto-tuning features, you can able to solve the problem. Basically, Windows auto-tuning features help you to enable Windows to continually monitor routering conditions like bandwidth or network delay. It gets enabled by default. Hence, if you are using a router then this process surely helps you to resolve the problem.
In the search box, type cmd and press the Enter button to launch the Command Prompt on your computer. Right-click on the Command Prompt and open the Run as Administrator option. To confirm, press the Yes option.
“Netsh interface tcp set global autotuning=disabled” enter this command in the Command Prompt and hit the Enter button.
When you press the Enter button, it will start to execute the command. When it is finished, restart the system and try to connect with the internet connection.
We presume this post might have been able to tell you which procedures you should consider restoring if you have to get rid of the connection error 651 Windows 10 sticky tech issue. Hence, apply them and make a difference in the situation you are in. if you need to read about related topics, please stay tuned to our posts.