Windows user often face the error message ‘An Authentication Error Has Occurred the Function Requested is Not Supported error’ while trying to connect with the wireless signal.
Most of the time, this authentication error occurred is particularly seen in the Android smartphone’s model. You are sure that the password you entered is correct, but still, the device refuses to connect to the internet.
If you also face the same issue and tired of searching the solutions for this issue, then you have arrived at the right place. Here in this post, we are going to discuss some effective hacks to solve this error.
Let’s have a look at the guide discussed below.
Authentication Error Occurred WiFi: Easy Tips and Tricks to Fix
There are a lot of procedures to troubleshoot this error. Before going to perform complicated solutions, you should try some basic troubleshooting tricks to check if they can fix the issue.
First, reset the phone and restart the router. After that, if the issue occurs, then you need to stick to the methods discussed below. You should perform the below methods one-by-one to check which one is appropriate for you.
So, let’s start.
Fix 1: Change the Wireless Network Settings
Sometimes, this issue happens due to an IP conflict. To check if this is the problem, you should try to modify the broadcast network settings from DHCP to static IP.
To do so, you should perform the steps as follows:
- In the beginning, go to the Settings of the Android phone.
- Tap on the Wi-Fi button.
- Now, search for your desired wireless network.
- Tap on the Wi-Fi network that you wish to connect and hold it for a few seconds.
- Then, go to the Advanced Settings. You will see the Advanced Settings near the Modify Network option.
- Here, change the IP setting to Static.
- Now, restart the device to apply the changes.
After that, you should check if the issue has been fixed. Else, you can turn on the Never Sleep mode of the device.
Fix 2: Turn the Never Sleep Mode on
According to some users, they have fixed this issue by turning the Never Sleep mode on the device. Hence, you can also try to turn the device to Never Sleep mode.
How to Turn on the Never Sleep Mode?
- First, go to the Wi-Fi Settings of the phone.
- Tap on the Advanced option.
- Find the option to have ‘Wi-Fi on’ during sleep and tap on it.
- Tap on the Never button from the next page.
- Now, reset the phone
- After that, go back to the same Wi-Fi Settings section.
- Again navigate to the Advanced option.
- Now, change the Wi-Fi to be on during sleep.
Now, try to connect with a Wi-Fi signal to check if the issue has been fixed. If the issue still persists, then you should perform the next solution discussed below.
Fix 3: Input the WPS Pin
By inputting the WPS pin, you can also fix the ‘an authentication error has occurred the function requested is not supported’ issue. To perform this, perform the steps stated below:
- First, go to the Settings and tap on the Wi-Fi button.
- Now, navigate to the Advanced option.
- On the next page, you will see ‘WPS Pin Entry’ option. Tap on it.
- It will show you a pin.
- Go to the IP address of the router.
- Search for the Wi-Fi screen.
- Then, you need to input the pin in the specific field.
- Tap on the OK button.
Save the changes by restarting the device. Now, if the issue still occurs, then you have to clear the Google data from the phone.
Fix 4: Clear the Google Data
To solve this problem, you should try to clear the Google data from the phone.
How to Clear Google Data?
- First, you have to remove the Wi-Fi name by going to the Wi-Fi settings.
- Then, go to the Settings of the phone.
- Tap on the Apps.
- Tap on the All box.
- Now, tap on the Clear button to remove the data from the Google Services Framework.
- Exit from the current tab and restart the device to apply the changes.
Now, you should check whether the issue has been resolved.
In this guide, we have presented the possible hacks to solve the ‘authentication error occurred’ issue. After properly performing the above ways, it will definitely help you to put an end to this bug.
Sometimes, it also becomes hard to implement the above hacks without any tech knowledge. Or if you face any other kinds of trouble while performing the above methods, then you can connect with a tech expert.