One of the major problems that take place in Windows PC is the application crash. This issue is very frequent nowadays. The symptoms and configuration although undergone a huge change but the problem still persists. The infamous error message “application .exe has stopped working” is still quite evident in Microsoft’s OS.
However, we have conducted overall research. And, in this write-up, you will get to know the most obvious solutions to this problem.
Therefore, if you encounter any sudden crash, you can depend on the workarounds in order to resolve this issue.
So, here is how to fix this in no time.
Effective Ways to Fix .exe Crashes in Windows 10
Just go through the under-mentioned steps to know how to get rid of the issue instantly without any hassle.
Way 1: Reboot the Troubled Program
The first and foremost thing is to shut down the dialog app crash report. After that, you must try to reboot the program once again. If you don’t know how to perform this, go through the following steps.
- First of all, you need to close the dialog message that tells you about the crash.
- After that, right-click on the taskbar. Then, you need to open the Task Manager.
- Now, you have to kill the main as well as related processes associated with the crashed app.
- Finally, try to start the app once again and search for possible changes.
That is the only change with the software. This is not that much stable as one should have expected.
However, if the problem still persists, go through the rest of the article to know the other steps.
Way 2: Modify Compatibility Settings
This is another workaround that you should consider. There are some older programs which you might use with the earlier OS.
However, it invokes certain issues in Windows 10. It mainly takes place owing to incompatibility issues.
Therefore, follow the under-mentioned steps in order to change the compatibility settings.
- In order to begin, move to the installation folder of the troubled app.
- After that, you need to pin-point the .exe file. Now, right-click on it and open Properties.
- In the compatibility tab, examine the box present adjacent to the box entitled “Run this program in compatibility mode for”.
- Now, you need to select the Windows Version as per your preference. Then, click on OK in order to confirm the changes.
It should address some of the possible halts which are mainly caused due to the inability of the PC to go through the intended programs.
Way 3: Run the Program as Administrator
Apart from the compatibility mode, there are some programs that run with Administrative permissions.
It is normal for certain applications to perform the system changes not permitted by the administrator. So, follow the given instructions to accomplish this.
- First, move to the installation folder of the troubled app.
- After that, you need to pin-point the .exe file. Now, right-click and open the Properties option.
- Moreover, you need to check the box present adjacent to the ”Run as Administrator” box available in the Compatibility box.
- Finally, click on OK to complete.
Now, you are all set to resolve Application.exe has Stopped Working issue.
Way 4: Scanning the Malware
Another major and obvious cause of this issue is malware infection. Just follow the under-mentioned instructions to get rid of this Application.exe has Stopped Working issue.
- In order to begin, you need to open the Windows Defender icon available in the notification area. After that, you need to select Advanced Scans.
- Now, you have to save each and everything to refrain from the loss of data. This is owing to the fact the PC will start after performing the next step.
- Pin-point the Windows Defender Offline. Now, you need to click on the Scan Offline button.
- The PC will restart and the scanning methodology will take 15-20 minutes.
After that, the system should be free from unwanted malware. Antivirus can remove certain important files subjected to incessant virus attacks. Furthermore, there are certain third-party tools that remove important programs mistakenly.
With this idea in mind, you have to fix the installation and create a special exception with the antivirus settings.
Way 5: Cleaning the Registry Values
It might happen that you have installed more than one program by mistake. However, it is usual and should not throw any error. But the same things don’t happen all the time.
Once you uninstall the program available inside the Add/Remove Programs tab of the Control Panel, you will find some leftover files inside the PC as well as in the Registry.
Therefore, for some applications, it is imperative to clear the registry and then reinstall the program.
As a result, we suggest you remove all the residual files from the installation folder. In the majority of cases, this is placed inside the C: partition.
The surplus folder that you can look for is the App Data folder. In order to access this, you need to write %appdata% available in the search menu.
However, since the registry is a troublesome zone, you need to keep a backup before you start the cleansing process.
Way 6: Removing the Temporary Files
Temporary files are important for certain cases. But at times, they become redundant and cause problems inside the system.
Therefore, it is advisable to delete them on priority.
- In order to begin, right-click on the System Partition. After that, open the Properties option.
- Now, you can select the Disk Cleanup option.
- Then, examine the boxes present adjacent to the Temporary Files.
- After that, you just have to confirm the selection and delete the temporary files.
Way 7: Run SFC and DSIM
In some system-related programs, there might be an issue in the corrupted or damaged file. It is not an absurd issue. This takes place owing to frequent updates.
Therefore, the safest option is to run an SFC scan.
You can use the SFC tool to resolve common issues associated with the system file. Although the use of SFC is the ultimate choice, when it comes to advanced scanning, you can try DSIM.
- Right-click on the Start Menu. After that, open the Command Prompt as Admin.
- You need to enter the following command and after that, press Enter.
- After the process gets over, you need to restart the PC.
In order to run DSIM, go through the below steps:
- First of all, right-click on Start. After that, you need to open the Command Prompt.
- Write the following command in the command line.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
Now, you can easily perform the scan and fix possible file corruption.
Way 8: Modify Permissions
In order to perform this, you have to move into the System Properties. Thereafter, you can easily create an option for the troubled app. Just, go through the under-mentioned steps.
- Click on System Properties.
- Now, click on the Performances tab available under Advanced Tab. After that, you need to press Settings.
- Then, move to the Data Execution Prevention tab.
- After that, you need to select the”Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select” option.
- Now, you need to Add and then search for the installation folder of the troubled app. Thereafter, you need to pin-point the .exe file.
- Finally, you have to set a particular exception. After that, confirm the unsaved changes.
To Sum it up
This article comes with the most effective and obvious steps that you can follow to evade this Application.exe has Stopped Working issue instantly. So, without wasting any time read this article.
Otherwise, seeking any professional help will be beneficial.