As we all know, Amazon Firestick is an easy way to stream both live TVs, Media services, and add premium channels like HBO or ESPN. However, sometime you may face difficulties in operating its remote. Are you also suffering from the same situation? Is your Amazon Firestick Remote not Working correctly? If such is the case, then you are in the right place.
In this article, we are going to give certain tips by which you can resolve the issues concerning your Amazon firestick remote and get it back working smoothly and fine.
Tips to Resolve Issues Related to Amazon Firestick
- Unplug the firestick from the terminal for 1 minute and plug it back in. Many times, a quick restart of the Firestick or Fire TV can resolve the matter and present you with a well-operating remote control in less time.
- If the above tip does not work for you, remove the batteries and insert them back again.
- Try to replace the old batteries with new ones, as sometimes, the issue may also be due to dead batteries.
If the problem persists, check for the conditions mentioned below as well.
Check Whether Your Firestick Remote is Paired Perfectly
If your Firestick remote is not working, there are chances that it is not properly paired. Normally, the firestick comes pre-paired with the device itself. In case it’s not, here are the steps by which you can pair your firestick with the device:
- Firstly, plug in your firestick in the HDMI port of your TV.
- Now, turn on the power of your TV as well as the firestick.
- Once the firestick boots up, hold the home button of your remote for at least 10 seconds.
- This will pair the Amazon Firestick with your device and it will start working.
In case, your device does not get connected with the Firestick, you may repeat the process and press the home button for another 10 seconds. As, on several occasions, it does not connect in one try and requires to be done multiple times. Thus, do not panic if it does not connect in one try, and try again.
Check Whether Your Firestick Remote Is Broken
If you have tried all the solutions and changed the batteries and still can’t figure out what the issue is, then there are chances that your firestick remote is damaged.
In such cases, you can replace it with a new remote. The good news is the new Firestick remote comes in a price as low as $10 with additional buttons for Netflix and other applications.
Also, some of them come with a volume control button as well. You can look up it on the Amazon application as it is easily available there. However, make sure to buy a well-reviewed firestick remote
Amazon Fire TV Remote Application: Try a backup
If you find your firestick remote control is not working for some reason or has run out of batteries, you can install the Amazon Fire Tv Remote Application which is available on both Android as well as iOS platforms.
On using this application, your phone will change into a TV remote and you can easily operate it without any issue.
However, make sure both your device as well as Amazon fire tv are connected with the same WiFi.
- On some occasions, the reason for the issue may be related to the distance of the remote from the TV. The Firestick remote works efficiently within a distance limit of 10 ft. So, if by any chance you have a room of large space, try to bring the remote nearer to the Amazon Fire TV.
- If you have kept the device enclosed within a cabinet, there are chances that it may not operate nicely. Although it is operated with the help of Bluetooth and not infrared rays, still you can try moving your device out of the cabinet and then check if the remote is working.
- Try not to keep any electrical devices near your Firestick, as they may conflict with the signal and generate errors. Thus, make sure there are no electrical devices near your Amazon Firestick.
These are the solutions which you can try to fix your Amazon Firestick remote when it’s not working correctly or not working at all. The fixes provided here are tested and have worked for many users in resolving the issue with their Firestick remote.
However, if any of the solutions look too complicated for you to follow or if the fixes do not work in resolving the glitch, then it is better to consult a professional who is well recognized in this sector. Lastly, let us know if these solutions were useful to you.