Video playing error is not an uncommon issue for YouTube users and sometimes, it becomes critical if any error appears on the settings.
Moreover, you can encounter YouTube not playing error at the time of playing the video with an unexpected error message, “Video is not playing”.
However, we are going to talk about the significant issues behind this annoying problem with effective solutions to mitigate the error effectively.
Resolve YouTube Video Not Playing Chrome with A Trusted Ways:
There are certain ways applying which you can easily overcome YouTube not playing error easily.
Here, we are going to explain those crucial steps that will help you to overcome this hassle within a short period of time.
Method 1: Reduce Video Quality
Sometimes, the high-quality video can’t play due to the settings error.
Hence, the best way is to reduce its quality factor and customize the Setting window.
- Paly the YouTube video window by tapping any video clipping.
- Now, click on the Setting icon (gear icon) from the bottom of the Youtube screen.
- Next, choose the quality as 360p from the Quality list and reduce the resolution.
- Finally, tap on the blank space and restart the YouTube video to verify whether the problem gets fixed or not.
Method 2: Clear the Browser Cache
A full of cookies and browser cache is another problem that causes the “YouTube not playing” issue.
- Double-click on the browser icon and launch the browser window on the screen.
- After that, click on the Control and Customize button(three-dotted icon) from the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Now, click on the More Tools from the drop-down menu that appears on the window.
- Next, tap on the clear Browse Data from the sub-menu and go to the next window.
- Here, you can see a list of items that you have searched before and select the item one by one.
- Then, click on the Clear Data button and empty the browser history to remove the unnecessary data from the browser.
- Finally, close the browser window and reboot the system. Now, relaunch the browser window and try to play a YouTube video to check whether the problem got fixed or not.
Method 3: Upgrade the Browser
An outdated version of browser many a time creates a barrier in playing the video effortlessly.
Therefore, you need to upgrade the browser with the latest version. Now, perform the following:
- Double-tap on the Chrome browser icon and open the Chrome window on the screen.
- Now, click on the three-dotted icons at the upper-right corner of the window.
- Choose the option About Chrome and click on it.
- Next, check whether any latest update is available or not. If any, then click on Check For Updates button and try to install the browser with the latest version.
- The system will take a few minutes to complete the entire update process and wait until the process is done completely.
- Finally, restart the Browser in Normal Mode and play a YouTube video to verify whether the youtube videos not playing Chrome still appears or not.
Method 4: Reinstall the Adobe Flash Player
Incorrect installation of Adobe Player is another problem in accessing the YouTube player.
So, you might uninstall it first and then re-install the player with the compatible version of the browser.
- First, type “control” in the Cortana Search box and hit the Enter key to open the Control Panel window.
- Now, click on the Program and Features from the Control Panel window and tap on Uninstall a program under this section.
- Here, you can see a list of applications that are installed already on your system and locate the Adobe Flash Player and its associated files.
- Right-click on them and choose Uninstall from the pop-up menu that appears on the screen.
- Next, click the YES button from the Confirmation dialog box and confirm the Adobe Player removal program.
- Finally, reboot the device and try to launch the browser window after restarting the Windows in Normal Mode.
- Now, go to the Adobe Official website and install the program with the latest version.
- When done, try to play a video and verify whether the YouTube playing issue got resolved or not.
- First, launch the Chrom browser and click on the three-dotted buttons at the right corner of the screen.
- Now, click on the Settings menu from the drop-down list and tap on the Advanced button from the Settings section.
- After that, go to the Privacy section and tap on the Content Settings.
- Click the OK button and confirm the process.
- When done, refresh the YouTube page properly and check whether the video is playing fine or not.
Method 6: Restart the Wi-Fi Connection
- Close all the tabs and refresh the desktop window.
- Then, click on the Wi-Fi icon from the system tray.
- Here, you can see the list of available wireless devices and select the Wi-Fi name which your device is connecting with.
- Now, tap on the Disconnect button and wait for a while until the Wi-Fi connection is disabled temporarily.
- Finally, tap on the Connect button and turn on the Wi-Fi. Then, try to play YouTube to verify whether the video is playing or not.
Method 7: Modify the Internet Settings
Many times, you can see that incorrect internet settings or a wrong DNS address prevent to access the YouTune Player app.
Now, to mitigate this problem, you might modify the internet settings with the correct data.
- Right-click on the Network icon from the right corner of the taskbar and choose Open Network and Sharing Center.
- Now, click on Change the Adapter Settings from the left panel of the window.
- After that, choose the correct Network that you are using(either Wi-Fi or LAN) from the new window.
- Right-click on it and select Properties from that context menu and click on the networking tab from the Networking Properties window.
- Make sure that both the TCP/IPV4 and Protocol version 6 are enabled. Then, click on the Properties tab from the same window.
- Enter the correct DNS Text box value into the DNS1 and DNS2 text box. Ignore the alternative DNS field if the value is unknown to you.
- Next, hit the OK button twice and apply the new changes.
- Finally, close the window and try to connect the internet to your system. Now, play an online video and resolve the YouTube video playing error efficiently.
In this context, we have defined the different ways to overcome YouTube not playing error efficiently.
Moreover, those effective methods become beneficial to avoid any other video playing error easily. So, we hope this content will help to mitigate the video playing issue permanently. Else, you can opt for professional help.