Problems with Xbox is not uncommon. Many Xbox users have found that their Xbox One is not reading the disc and the situation is very frustrating.
This problem generally appears if the single drive and the data are corrupted or damaged. Sometimes, you can face this problem if the laser reader on the Xbox is damaged.
The Xbox configuration might have some problems so that you might encounter this issue on the Xbox.
If you are searching for the methods to fix this issue on your Xbox console, then this article will help you. Here, in this article, you will get to know all the possible methods which will help you get rid of this particular problem.
So, follow this post to the end and apply the fixes to get back your console as before.
Xbox One Not Reading Disc: Fixes to Try
In the section below, we are going to discuss some of the easy and effective methods that can help you out to fix the Xbox One x when it’s not reading the disc. Follow these step by step methods one by one until you fix this issue.
Method 1 – Change the Power Modes
This is one of the most reliable methods to fix this issue on the system. Follow these steps:
- At first, launch the guide by pressing the Xbox button.
- Next, choose System and then click on Settings.
- In the Settings window, choose the Power & Startup section and then click on Power mode and startup.
- From the Power mode window, select the Energy saving button.
Method 2 – Power Cycling the Xbox
During the power cycle, the device turns off completely to remove the damaged software console configuration.
These electronics often tend to enter an erroneous state that might be caused by installing updates or due to simple software errors.
By power cycling the Xbox, we make sure that the console releases all temporary settings and restarts when revived. Follow these instructions:
- Firstly, switch off the console properly.
- Once it is turned off, disconnect the Xbox’s main power supply and then wait for a few seconds.
- After waiting a few seconds, connect the everything and turn on the console.
- Next, wait for a few seconds and then connect the disk again.
Method 3 – Reset the Xbox One Operating System
By resetting the Xbox one Operating System, you can eliminate this problem on the system. To do that, follow these directions:
- First of all, launch the guide and then click on the Settings button.
- In the Settings section, click on the All settings button and select System.
- Next, choose Console info & Updates and then click on the Reset Console button.
- From the ‘Reset the console’ window, choose Reset and keep my games & apps button.
- Once the reset process is complete, restart the system and then check if the problem is solved or not.
Method 4 – Install the Latest Xbox Updates
Installing the latest Xbox updates can sometimes solve the not reading disc issue on the system. Follow these instructions:
- Firstly, hit Guide on the controller and then select Settings.
- From the Settings window, click on the system settings button and then select Wired network.
- Select the test Xbox Live connection button to enter into the Xbox Live.
- In this window, if you find any updates are there, then click on the Update button to start the update process.
Once the update process is complete, check if the problem has been eliminated or not.
Method 5 – Insert the Disk Differently
This is an alternative method that we have shared to fix this problem on the Xbox. The Xbox One console has a production defect that makes the drive unreadable.
So, you need to insert the disk differently to get rid of the issue. To perform this method, follow these instructions:
- First of all, insert a disc. When you are inserting the disk, you must hold it by putting your finger in the circle. Now insert the CD and hold it in your hand for 1 second.
- Now the Xbox will read the disk and load the game.
An alternative way you can place the console on the system consists of the following steps:
- Rotate the Xbox in an angle of 50 to 70 degrees. This is important because it ensures that the disk area is slanting.
- Wait a little bit and then insert the disc inside the console. Now check if the issue is fixed or not.
Method 6 – Try Another Game Disc
If the above methods do not help you then you need to use this method to get rid of this problem. If the game disc did not work then you can use another game disc.
Sometimes, a corrupted or damaged game disc can also cause this problem. So, you need to use another game disc on the system.
If you can play another disc on the same console, the disc drive is not the reason for the issue.
Now you have known how to fix Xbox one disc drive not reading on the system. The methods mentioned in this article must be enough to help you fix the issue on your own.
While performing these solutions, if you face any problem then you can seek help from an expert for better assistance.