Being one of the most popular operating systems, Windows offers various features that provide a better user experience. But at times, this operating system also generates a number of errors that are quite hard to resolve. One of the major problems that users are encountering is that the windows resource protection could not start the repair service. Various factors are responsible for this error to occur. Hence, it is essential to find the exact cause of the error and then rectify it with the most perfect solutions. Therefore, if you are looking for ways to fix windows resource protection could not start the repair service, go through this article thoroughly. Here, we are going to discuss all the possible solutions and methods that will give you fruitful results.
Smart Solutions To Fix Windows Resource Protection Could Not Start The Repair Service
It is quite normal that you might not be aware of how to resolve windows resource protection could not start the repair service. Therefore, try the simple and effective methods that are given below:
Method 1: Start The Windows Installer Service
The installer service of Windows enables the installation, modification, and removal of Windows components. Therefore, disabling this service might fail to install the windows updates for the PC. This is why you have to start this service. Do the following:
- By using the Windows Key + R key combination open the Run dialog box.
- Without the quotation marks Type “services.msc” in the Run dialog box and click on the OK button.
- Search for the Windows Installer Service or the TrustedInstaller service, and then right-click on them.
- Now, select the Properties option.
- Ensure that the option under Startup type in Windows Store Services’ Properties is set to Automatic.
- If the service is stopped, by clicking on the Start button you can start it immediately.
Method 2: Update your Windows PC
At times, updating Windows 10 helps to resolve this error. In order to check whether the updates are available or not go to the settings option at first and then click on the update and security option. Then, click on the update option and check for updates. In case, you encounter that the windows are not updating regularly perform the instructions that are given below:
- In order to open this special context menu, hold the Windows Key and press X. Alternatively, you can also right-click on the Start menu and then select the Windows Powershell option.
- Type cmd in the Powershell console, and wait for Powershell to switch to the cmd-like environment.
- Type in the following command: wuauclt.exe /updatenow in the “cmd” console, and make sure to press enter afterward.
- For at least an hour allow this command to run and check back to see if any updates were found or installed correctly.
Method 3: Add a missing registry
When you are missing a registry this error occurs. In order to fix the problem, do the following:
Before you proceed with the following steps, it is advised to create a backup of your registry if in case any problem occurs then you will get it from the backup.
- Go to the folder that appears below and then check the name of a subfolder which should appear something like 6.1.7600.16385.
- Now, make sure to copy the name of this folder and paste it somewhere.
- Navigate to the C >> Windows >> WinSxS folder and
- Now look for the folder whose name starts with the following:X86_microsoft-windows-servicingstack_31bf3856ad364e35_
- Copy the names of these folders and also keep them somewhere in a text file.
- Now, take the ownership of a certain registry key which you can perform easily.
Method 4: Run an offline scan
Running an offline scan often helps to resolve the problem effectively, therefore, follow the instructions that are stated below:
- Search for “Command Prompt and”, right-click on it
- Now, select the “Run as administrator” option.
- Copy and paste the following command sfc /SCANNOW /OFFBOOTDIR=c:\ /OFFWINDIR=c:\windows and make sure you click Enter key afterward
- A message will be displayed saying that the scan was successful, this indicates that the problem is solved now.
Method 5: Rename a File
In many cases, renaming this file is the most effective process. But it is also important to install all pending updates on your computer before renaming a file. As these files contain all important information about the current state of your computer and the updates which are pending. At times, renaming it does not allow this update to install properly.
- Navigate to C >> Windows >> WinSxS and search for a file which is named pending.xml.
- Choose rename by right-clicking on it
- Rename it to pending.old.xml successfully
- Check and see whether the problem is resolved or not. In case the problem is not resolved, ensure that you revert the changes to the file.
All the above methods will give you fruitful results and help to remove the error successfully. But in case you are facing any problem or trouble with the steps, please do post comments below.