The Windows error code 0xc000012f is one of the complicated error code formats and it has been found that the system components usually trigger this error.
The error 0xc000012f is caused by corrupted registry entries, misconfigured system settings and other major issues that Windows users often face.
This error code generally prompts with an error message “Try installing the program again using original installation media, error 0xc000012f”.
So, if you are looking for some amazing tricks to set the computer working again, then you have arrived at the right place.
In this content, we will explore all the root causes and effective solutions to overcome this issue instantly on your own.
Effective Methods to Resolve Error Status 0xc000012f on your Windows:
Here we are describing all the effective solutions to turn everything working again as earlier.
You can try all the methods consistently until you get the issue fixed permanently.
Method 1: Uninstall the Windows Update Components
Sometimes, the recent Windows update can stick in several internal bugs which result in error code 0xc000012f on Windows.
Go through the steps discussed below to uninstall the Windows update components on your PC.
- Tap the Windows logo from the left-bottom corner of the screen and type run
- Click on the top option from the list to invoke the Run command on the next screen.
- After that, type “Appwiz.cpl” into the command pane and tap the Enter key to invoke the action.
- Now, when the application list opens on the next screen, click on View Installed Updates option from the left pane.
- Locate the Update for Microsoft Windows option from the application list and right-click on that.
- Select the Uninstall option and then click on the OK button to remove the Update component completely from your PC.
Now, restart the PC after uninstallation and see if the error status 0xc000012f is now fixed.
If the issue still continues or the above method doesn’t work, try another solution discussed below.
Method 2: Install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 on your Windows
If you have not installed the Visual Redistributable on your Windows, it will definitely cause this Windows error code.
Follow the steps listed below to get rid of this issue as the C++ Redistributable can solve this error.
- Launch a web browser on your PC and drive to the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio official website.
- Now, select the Language that you are using on your computer and then select the OS version to download the application.
- After that, click on the Download button next to the Language box and then select both vc_redist.x64.exe and vc_redist.x86.exe.
- Click on the Next button and wait until the application is downloaded successfully.
- Now, double-click the application from the download page and select the Install option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the application and then close all the tabs.
Now, restart the computer after the installation and see if the issue is now eliminated from your Windows system.
If still, you are encountering the issue, try another solution given under.
Method 3: Update the Device Drivers from Device Manager
If the device drivers are running outdated or are corrupted, then it might result in the Windows error 0xc000012f.
Go through the steps discussed below in order to update the device drivers manually.
- Turn on the computer and tap on the Windows Start button from the left pane of the screen.
- Type Device Manager into the search pane and tap the Enter key to invoke the action.
- After that, click on the top result from the list and locate the driver you want to update.
- Now, double-click the software driver and select the Update Driver option to begin the process.
- At last, click on the Search Automatically for Updated driver option and then click on OK to confirm the action.
After that, the computer will start searching for the best available version for your device. Install the software manually and do the same for all the outdated drivers to update.
Now, restart the computer and see if this error code is fixed as earlier. If still, the issue remains or the above method fails, try the next solution discussed below.
Method 4: Run the SFC/scannow Method on your Windows
The sfc/scannow is an in-built feature that allows the computer to scan for the several windows error codes.
You need to run this feature on your Windows system to get back the device error-free as earlier.
Here are some steps provided which you can try to resolve this issue.
- At first, turn on the computer and invoke the Command Prompt (Admin) from the Windows Start bar.
- After that, type sfc/scannow into the search pane and again tap the Enter key to open the sfc/scannow tool on the screen.
- Wait until the searching is completed and click on the Repair button below when the search is completed.
- After that, click on the Finish button and then simply close all the tabs.
Now, restart the computer and the error 0xc000012f is now resolved as earlier.
We have shared all the possible hacks to eliminate the Windows error code 0xc000012f as early as possible.
Hope the above article was beneficial enough to fix the error status 0xc000012f in no effort.
In case, the issue still survives or the above methods don’t act, then there might be some other conflictions on your system.
In that case, you can consult with a computer professional to get the problem solved.
Moreover, you can submit your precious feedback here in the comment section below.