Windows Defender error code 0x800705B4 is a general problem which is encountered by most of the Windows users. This issue occurs when the system gets infected due to malware. Sometimes, it also happens when the registry files get corrupted. Moreover, an outdated version of OS can also cause this problem. Even any third-party antivirus can also be responsible for this issue. If you are one of them, then go through this article carefully. In this article, you will get to know the easy and quick procedures to eliminate the error code 0x800705B4 from the system. After trying all the procedures you can easily get rid of this problem.
Step-By-Step Procedures to Eliminate Windows Defender Error Code 0x800705B4
Many users have reported that when they face the Windows Defender error code 0x800705B4 on their system, the device abruptly halts all its working applications. If you want to fix the problem at the earliest, then in this section below, we have provided some troubleshooting processes that can resolve this problem.
Procedure 1 – Refresh the OS
This is a very easy procedure which can resolve this problem. To complete this procedure follow the directions:
- Click on the Start button.
- Select the Settings application.
- In the Settings window, go to the ‘Update & Security’ section.
- Select the Recovery section from the left side panel.
- Click on the ‘Restart Now’ option under the Advanced section.
- After restarting your system, click on the Troubleshoot option and then, select the ‘Reset this PC’ option.
- Click on the ‘Keep my files’. If prompted, select ‘An administrator’ account and put the password and then, click on the OK option.
- Click on the Reset option to start the process.
- Once it is done, then check whether the problem is fixed or not.
Procedure 2 – Reset Windows Update Components
An alternative procedure that you can use to resolve the Windows Defender error code 0x800705B4 is to reset the Windows updating components. Follow the steps which are mentioned below:
- Press the Windows key + S key to launch the Search box, type ‘cmd’ and right-click on the search result. Select the ‘Run as administrator’ option.
- In the Command Prompt window, write these commands as mentioned below and then, press the Enter button after typing each command.
- net stop bits
- net stop wuauserv
- After that, net stop appidsvc
- net stop cryptsvc.
- Once it is done, you can see that the Windows-related services stop and the next step is to delete a particular file.
- In the Command Prompt window, type ‘Del’ and then, “%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\ApplicationData\Microsoft\Network\Down\” and then, press the Enter button.
- After doing that, again you have to type the next command: ‘cd /d %windir%\system32’ and then, hit the Enter key.
- Now, restart all the BITS files. Write the requisite commands and then, hit the Enter button after each command.
- regsvr32.exe oleaut32.dll
- regsvr32.exe ole32.dll
- Then, regsvr32.exe shell32.dll and many more such commands.
- Restart the Winsock with ‘netsh Winsock reset’ command and then, hit the Enter button
- Now, to start the stopped services, in the Command Prompt window, type these following commands and then, hit the Enter button.
- net start bits
- net start wuauserv
- Then, net start appidsvc
- net start cryptsvc
- Once it is executed, reboot your PC.
Procedure 3 – System Update
By updating the Operating System, you can also fix this problem on your system. Follow the steps given below:
- Press the Windows Home button along with the I key to launch the Settings window.
- Navigate to the ‘Update & Security’ section.
- Then, select the Update tab.
- Select the ‘Check for updates’ option. Now, the system will check whether the update is available or not.
- Click on the Update option. Now, you will find the update process starts automatically.
- Once it completes, restart your PC and then, check whether the problem is resolved or not.
Procedure 4 – Uninstall the Third-Party Antivirus Application
Sometimes, if any third-party antivirus application is pre-installed in the system, then it can cause this issue. So, you have to uninstall it. Now, follow the undermentioned steps carefully:
- Press the Windows Home button and R key to open the Run box, type ‘Control Panel’ and then, press the Enter button or click on the OK option.
- In the Control Panel window, go to the Programs and Features section.
- In that section, scroll down through the page, select the third-party antivirus application.
- Click on the Uninstall option.
- Once it is finished, restart your system.
Procedure 5 – Perform System Restore
By performing the system restore, you can eliminate the Windows Defender error code 0x800705B4. Follow the steps cited here:
- Go to the Search box, type ‘System Restore’ and then, hit the Enter button.
- In the System Restore window, click on the Properties option.
- Select the variety of restore points and then, click on the Next option.
- Then, click on the Finish option. After doing these steps, if the problem still persists, then you have to move to the next one.
Procedure 6 – Turn On the Firewall
If the previous procedures do not work properly, then you can use this procedure to eliminate the error code. Follow the steps which are mentioned below:
- Press Win + X keys to open the list. Select the Control Panel. Alternatively, go to the Search box, type ‘Control Panel’ and then, hit the Enter button.
- In the Control Panel window, double click on the Windows Firewall section.
- In that section, mark the ‘Turn On Windows Firewall’ option, both Private and Public as per the requirement.
- Click on the OK option to save the changes.
- Restart your PC and then, check if the problem has been resolved or not.
Procedure 7 -Check the Windows Defender Service
Check whether the Windows Defender is properly running or not. Follow the steps as mentioned below:
- Open the Run box, by pressing the Windows Key + R key and type ‘services.msc’. Then, press the Enter button or click on the OK option.
- In the Service Information window, scroll down through the page, find the Windows Defender, right click on it.
- Now, check if the services are running or not. If not, select the Start option. If it still fails to start, then change the Startup Type to ‘Automatic’.
- Click on the Apply option and then, click on the OK option.
- Restart your device and then, check if the Windows Defender works properly, without any error.
We hope the above-mentioned procedures will help you to overcome the error code 0x800705B4 when starting Windows Defender. After performing all the procedures, if the Windows Defender error code 0x800705B4 problem still occurs, then you need to take expert help. Further, share your experience in the comment section below.