The Windows 10 update error (0x800705b4) generally occurs due to internal issues on your computer regarding the update components.
This error code 0x800705b4 strikes with an error note on the screen that says “Windows can’t be updated, need to close”.
It is one of the most annoying error code formats that stops the Windows device to update its Windows components.
So, if you are one of those unfortunate who are encountering this issue and want some effective solutions to eliminate this permanently, then you have arrived at the perfect page.
In this content, we will inform all the root causes and also effective answers to dismiss this error as shortly as possible.
Probable Reasons for Windows 10 Update Error (0x800705b4) Appearance:
If you are facing Windows 10 update (0x800705b4) on your Windows screen, then there might be numerous factors behind this error.
This error code mainly occurs due to corrupted registry entries or the system files failure on your computer.
If you are going backdated the version with the Windows update parts on your PC, then it will be another important cause for this error code.
Broken BIOS or the infected BIOS version is another top suspect for this problem.
Still, we have sufficient excellent hacks to settle this update error code forever that we will present in the next stanza.
Effective Solutions to Resolve Error (0x800705b4) on your Windows:
Here we are representing a list of all the top-notch solutions to break the update error code 0x800705b4 on your Windows in moments.
You can perform the entire method consistently until you are completed to get back the PC error-free as new.
Method 1: Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter on Windows 10
The Windows Troubleshooter is a crucial feature and an in-built tool that permits the computer to fix multiple error formats including the update failure issue.
Try the steps mentioned below to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter on your PC.
- At first, switch on the computer and hit the Windows Start key from the bottom-left point of the Windows.
- Now, type Control Panel into the Search pane and tap the Enter key.
- After that, when the Control Panel opens, drive to the System and Security option from the top of the search results.
- Now, locate the Troubleshoot option under the Security and Maintenance option and click on that.
- Pick a Troubleshooting category from the list of the search results and tap the OK button.
- After that, run the Troubleshooter that suits the problem you are facing and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the task.
After performing all the above steps successfully and accurately, restart the computer and see if the error code 0x800705b4 exists or not.
If the error code still prompts on your computer screen, try the next solution listed below.
Method 2: Repair the Registry Entries Associated with Windows Error Code (0x800705b4)
If the registry records get damaged or missing, then Windows 10 Update error 0x800705b4 will occur on your Windows 10 system screen.
You need to rebuild all those registry records to resolve this matter. Perform the steps mentioned below to succeed in this method.
- Switch on your computer and you can observe the Windows Start key. Later, hit on that to proceed.
- When the Windows search panel opens, type “Command” in the Search box and while pressing the Ctrl + Shift key, tap on the Enter button.
- After that, click on Yes when a permission dialog box opens.
- Now, this will open a black box with a blinking cursor on the next window. Type “regedit” in the box and tap the Enter key to proceed to the next.
- Select the Task Host Windows-related entries from the Registry Editor folder. Further, select the Export option from the File menu which is at the end of the results.
- Select the folder in the Save list where you want to save Microsoft backup and choose the Selected Branch option.
- On the next page, click on the Save option and then, the file will save as “.reg file extension”.
After finishing all the above steps accurately, restart your computer manually and see if the Windows error 0x800705b4 exists or not.
If you are facing any issue regarding this error code or the error still remains, try another method.
Method 3: Reset all the Windows Update Components on your PC
If all of the above methods fail, you need to reset all the Windows update components to escape this error.
Hence, go through the steps below to reset all the components and eliminate this error code:
- At first, turn on your computer and invoke the Run Command box by pressing the Windows + R key at the same time on your keyboard.
- Now, write “cmd” into the Cortana Search counter and tap the Enter button. Click on the OK button to launch the action.
- After that, choose the Run as Administrator option and type the input “net stop wuauserv” into the box.
- Tap the Enter key after inputting the above command and do the same for all the components.
- Click on OK when the task gets completed and simply click on Save to save the changes that you have made.
After finishing all the above steps successfully, close all the Command Prompts box and restart the computer manually. Now, verify if the error code 0x800705b4 is now eliminated.
Method 4: Change the Windows Update Settings
If the Windows Update settings have changed itself or you have changed that mistakenly, you will definitely suffer from the error code (0x800705b4) on your Windows device.
Here are some hacks posted to change the Update settings on your Windows 10.
- Turn on the computer and press the Windows+I key on your keyboard to launch the Settings app.
- Navigate to the Update and Security section from the very right-bottom corner of the screen.
- Click on the Advanced option from the bottom of the list and click on Disable the “Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows” option.
- Now, simply close all the tabs and restart the PC manually to see if the error code is now resolved.
If still, the error code exists or the above method fails, try out the next solution discussed below.
Method 5: Perform a Clean Installation of Windows 10 on your Device
If all the above method fails, you need to perform a clean installation of Windows 10 on your PC to get back your device error-free.
Follow the steps given below to accomplish the task.
- If the computer is turned on, click on the Restart button while holding the Shift key to enter to the Installation page.
- After that, select the Troubleshoot option from the page and click on the Reset this PC option.
- Now, click on the Remove Everything option and insert the Installation Disk if asked.
- Select the Only the Drive where Windows is installed option and then click on the Just remove my files option.
- After that, click on the Reset title and track the on-screen instructions to complete the installation method.
After successfully installing Windows 10 as new, the error code (0x800705b4) is now fixed permanently.
Hope the above report was successful enough to guide you on how to stop the Windows update (0x800705b4) error.
In case, the error code 0x800705b4 still remains or you have further concerns regarding this error code, you can feel free to consult with a technician to resolve this issue.