Windows users often face the ‘no internet’ issue while trying to connect the system with the internet. It is one of the common problems for the users of Windows 10 Operating System. Most of the time the ‘Windows 10 no internet’ issue happens due to the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol bug. If you are also stuck with the same issue, then you should take a look at the guide discussed below.
In this article, we are going to provide some of the easiest hacks to solve this issue. So, let’s start.
Effective Hacks to Solve: Windows 10 No Internet Secured
There are a lot of ways to solve this issue. But, before going to perform the below hacks, you should restart the system. Most of the time, it happens that the issue gets resolved by just restarting the computer.
To restart the system, go to the Start menu from the Taskbar and tap on the Power button. Select the restart option. Wait for a few seconds until the computer restarts properly.
But, you need to be careful as the restarting is a temporary solution. Hence, you should try the troubleshooting hacks explained below:
Procedure 1: Run the Windows Network Troubleshooter
If there is no internet access on Windows 10, then you should try to run the Windows Network Troubleshooter. If there is any problem in the network settings of the computer, then the in-built Windows Network Troubleshooter can fix this issue.
How to Run Windows Network Troubleshooter?
- In the beginning, bring up the Start menu.
- Then, tap on the Setting icon (gear-shaped).
- Navigate to the Network & Internet category.
- Tap on the Status option.
- Choose the Network troubleshooter from the next page.
Wait for a few seconds until Windows Network Troubleshooter fixes the issue. Then, restart the system to apply the changes.
Procedure 2: Reset the Winsock Catalog of the System and the Internet Protocol settings
The Winsock Catalog controls a significant part of the system’s communication with the network services. If you reset it, then it will reset several elements to their initial settings.
Hence, to fix the ‘no internet’ issue, you can try to reset the Winsock Catalog. To do so, you should stick to the steps described below:
At first, press the X and Windows key both at the same time from the keyboard to invoke the WinX menu. (Else, you can also open it by right-clicking on the Start menu).
Now, tap on the Command Prompt (Admin) option. It will open the Command Prompt with the admin privilege.
Alternatively, you can also get the same result by going to the Start Menu, type “cmd”, right-click on the search result and choose the “Run as Administrator” option from the list.
Now, type the command one-by-one on the Command line and hit the Enter key on the keyboard to execute the commands.
1st: netsh winsock reset catalog
2nd: netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log
After running all the commands in a proper way, you should exit from the Command Prompt window. Then, restart the system to save the changes.
After resetting the Winsock catalog, you should check if the issue still persists. Else, you should renew the IP address of the computer.
Procedure 3: Reset the TCP/IP Stack of the System and Renew the IP Address
One of the easiest solutions to solve the ‘no internet’ issue is to reset the IP address of the system. To perform this, you should implement the steps mentioned below:
- First, you have to perform the 1st step from the previous procedure.
- Once the Command Prompt window opens, you should type the commands given below. Don’t forget to press the Enter key from the keyboard to execute the command.
1st: netsh winsock reset
2nd: netsh int ip reset
3rd: ipconfig /release
4th: ipconfig /flushdns
5th: ipconfig /renew
- After executing the above commands, close the elevated Command Prompt window and restart the computer to save the changes.
After resetting the TCP/IP stack, if you see that the issue occurs, then you have to check whether the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol is turned on or not.
Procedure 4: Ensure that the DHCP is Enabled
As we stated before, you can also face this issue due to the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol. If you accidentally turned this feature off, then it can trigger the ‘no internet’ issue.
To confirm that the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol is enabled as well as running in a proper way, you need to troubleshoot/diagnose the internet connection.
To perform this, you should have a glance at the steps given below:
- First, invoke the Run Command box by pressing the R and Windows keys simultaneously from the keyboard.
- Then, type “ncpa.cpl” in the Run box. Press the Enter key to proceed further (Else, you can also tap on the OK button).
- Right-click on the internet connection that you are having problems accessing the internet. Then, tap on the Diagnose button.
- Wait for a few minutes until the system run the diagnosis. While running this procedure, you will see that the DHCP is turned on by itself.
But, if you see that the DHCP is already enabled, then you should try the other solutions provided below.
Procedure 5: Update the Driver Software of the Network Adapter
After implementing all the above hacks, if you are still unable to connect to the internet, then you need to update the driver software of the network adapter. You should perform the steps as follows:
- First, open the Device Manager. Right-click on the Start menu and tap on the ‘Device Manager’ from the list.
- Click twice on the ‘Network Adapters’ section to open the drop-down menu.
- Search for the network adapter that the system is using currently. Right-click on it and tap on the ‘Update Driver Software’ option.
- Now, click on the ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’ option and wait for a few seconds until the Windows completes the searching process.
- If it finds any new drivers for the network adapter of the computer, then it will download it automatically. After that, it will install the driver by itself.
Once you complete the installation process, you should try to connect to the internet to check whether the “no internet access Windows 10” has been resolved.
After trying all the above solutions, we hope you will get rid of this issue. Sometimes, it becomes difficult to implement the above ways without any technical knowledge. At this juncture, you can connect with a tech expert for further assistance.