Among the world-famous shooter games, Warframe is a well-known one. However, many of the users faced a problem while launching its update. If you are stuck with Warframe update failed error, then instead of worrying about, you can go through the content of this article. This article will help you to know and learn effective methods to solve the problems which are responsible for the update error in Warframe. So, check it out.
If you skip the problem without solving it, then later you will find that the Warframe totally stops to work in your device. So, solving it as fast as possible will be the essential task that you need to perform. There are several reasons which can result in such an error, so to know, you need to check the below section.
What Causes Warframe Update Failed Error?
There are several causes which are responsible for the update failed error in Warframe and they are as follows.
- Faulty Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable installations
- Warframe update of DirectX failed installation
- Internet connection settings
- Malware infection
- Game’s cache
- Warframe launcher settings
No matter the cause, you can fix the problem easily after studying this article thoroughly. So, it is advised not to be upset and check out the further part of the article, that is the solution part given below.
Exclusive Methods to Fix Warframe Update Failed Error:
These below are the tricks which you can try to solve the Warframe update failed 2018 error. Here we have arranged the methods in such a way that you can try all the methods one by one to get the error resolved.
Warframe update failed is a problem which when occurs, stops you to get the latest features of the game. Not just that, but it can even slow down your system performance until you solve the matter.
Method 1: Repair or Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
Primarily, the method which you need to proceed with to fix the Warframe update failed error is repairing or updating the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable. The steps for this method are very simple to follow and are as follows.
Repair Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package
- At first, open the Run bar window. Here we have explained two ways by which you can do it.
Way 1: Press both the Windows and the letter R key at a time, that’s all to get the Run bar window open.
Way 2: Press the Windows button to get the Search bar active and then on it type run. Next, you will see that the “Run” option gets loaded as the top-most result, click on it.
- Now, as the Run bar gets open, type control on it. Then, click on the OK button, this will open up the Control Panel window.
- After that, check the “View by” section, is it set to Category or not. If not, then the drop-down menu for View by and select the Category option for it.
- Next, from the available options under the Control Panel window, select Programs> Programs and Features.
- Then, as all the installed programs list gets open. From the list, search for Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package. After that, click on each Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable version and select the Repair option for each.
- Once the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable repairing is done, close all the open window and then restart your computer.
Now, as the computer turns on, try to update the Warframe Video game to check if the problem gets solved.
Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package
In case, if you still get the error, you need to try the uninstall and reinstall process of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package. For it, the process is almost the same. Again, you need to open all the installed program list window by following the same steps as explained above. Then, you need to click on each Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package content one-by-one from the list and select the Uninstall option for each. After that, restart your computer. Next, go to the Microsoft official download page and search for the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package. Once you find the compatible version, click on it to download. After download, let it installed on your computer and then check if the problem exists. Hopefully, your answer will be No, this time. But in case, if the problem still exists, then you can try the below-explained methods.
Method 2: Reset LAN Settings
This is another way which you can try to fix the Warframe update failed error. The steps to follow to perform the LAN settings reset process are as below. So, check it out.
- At first, you need to open the Control Panel window. Press both the Windows and the letter R key at a time, to open the Run bar. And then, on the Run bar, type control. Next, click on OK or hit the Enter button, to get the desired window (Control Panel), with which we can proceed further.
- Now, check at the top right-hand portion of the Control Panel window where you will find the “View by” section is set to Category or not. And if not, then, drop-down menu arrow for the “View by” section and from the available options, select “Category”.
- Next, from the Control Panel window, click on the “Network and Internet” option.
- After that, from the right-hand side panel, select “Internet Options”. This will open up the Internet Properties window.
- Now, from the available tab options under the Internet Properties window, click on “Connections”.
- Further, look at the below portion of this Internet Properties window. Here, you will see a button as LAN Settings click on it.
- Then, ensure that the checkbox beside “Automatically Detect Settings” is active. Also, make sure that the checkbox beside “Use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections)” is inactive. And if not, then make these changes. After that, click on the OK button for these changes saving purpose.
- Lastly, close all the opened window and then Restart your computer.
Hopefully, after applying these above-steps, you will able to resolve the Warframe update failed error.
Method 3: Disable Bulk Download
Bulk Download is an option present in the Warframe launcher, which if enabled from the settings, then you might face this error. If this is the case, then you need to proceed with the steps below to solve the matter.
- At first, navigate the pointer on to the Warframe Video game application and then double-click on it.
- After that, look at the top right-hand corner of the Warcraft window. Here, you will see a cog symbol, that is the Settings icon, click on it.
- Next, from the Warframe Settings window, navigate to the Bulk Download option and check if it is in Enabled status. If yes, then disable it.
- After that, click on the OK button to save this change.
- Now, proceed to try to update the Warframe Video game. Hopefully, this time you will not face the Warframe update failed problem.
Method 4: Download and Reinstall DirectX
Sometimes, it is found that the use of the older version of DirectX is the culprit for the error. If this is the case, then you can solve it by just downloading and reinstalling the updated version of DirectX. For it, the steps which you need to follow are listed below.
The criteria to begin this process is that you must connect the computer with a workable internet connection. After you connect the computer with the internet, follow the further steps to fix the issue.
Firstly, open a browser and by using it to navigate to the Microsoft official download page for DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer. After that, scroll down the download page, until you see the red Download box, click on it. Then, you will see that Microsoft recommends window opens. From Microsoft recommends window, you need to uncheck all the checkboxes, which product you do not want to get download in your device. Then, click on the “Next…” box and follow the further instructions which are displayed on your system’s screen. After you have successfully downloaded and installed DirectX, you need to restart your device to get the total effect of this method. Now, as your system turned on for the second time, you need to update the Warframe application, without getting further issues.
Method 5: Failing to Connect Due to Network Errors
After following these steps above, if you still get the error exists, then you can try out this method. This method generally works for those users who use Wi-Fi internet connection to update the Warframe Video game. The steps which you need to follow up for this process are listed below.
At first, press down the Windows button to get the search bar active. Then, on the search bar, type cmd. On doing this, at the top-most search results, you will see an option as cmd or Command Prompt, right-click on it. After that, from the Menu list, select “Run as administrator”. Then, as you get the black background Administrator: Command Prompt open, type the commands on it as given below. But, you need to press the Enter button after each of these commands to execute.
Also, include the commands below on the same Administrator: Command Prompt window. Do not forget to press the Enter button after each.
Once you have completed executing these commands, close the Administrator: Command Prompt window. And then, restart your device. After that, as the device gets started, connect it with the internet and then try to update the Warframe to check if the error gets resolved.
Method 6: Run the Game’s Launcher as Administrator
According to many of the users who have faced the Warframe update failed error, you can easily resolve the matter by following this method. The steps to perform this method is quite simple and are as follows.
Firstly, navigate the mouse pointer on to the Game Launcher application, whichever you are using. After that, double-click on it to open. Next, from the games library list, go to the Warframe game. Further, right-click on it (Warframe game) and choose the Properties option from the Menu window. Then, from the Properties window, click on the Local Files tab. After that, you need to select Browse Local Files. Under the Browse Local Files window, you will get a folder named as “Tools”, open it. Here, you will see a file named “Launcher” or “launcher.exe”, so right-click on it. After that, select the Properties option. Under the Launcher properties window, select the Compatibility tab. Next, check “Run this program as an administrator” option. Once you have done all these above-said steps, try to update the Warframe video game, to check if the issue gets solved.
All these above are the methods with which you will able to fix the Warframe update failed error. So, you need not worry after going through this article because the solutions mentioned here are enough to get the error resolved. But unfortunately, if the error still persists, then look for a professional’s help.