The Wacom driver issue sometimes becomes very critical when you try to access an app. Moreover, you can come across the Wacom Startup Error due to the driver’s outdated issue. Besides this, an unexpected error message, “Wacom Tablet Driver not found” appears on the device display multiple times.
Even, multiple hardware failure problems might occur at the time of navigating the display items from hardware devices. Furthermore, the performance of Wacom starts to degrade gradually.
However, we are going to talk about the effective ways in this article to mitigate the Wacom driver error permanently.
Resolve the “Wacom Tablet Driver not found Windows 10” with Efficient Ways
We are going to explain the technical ways that will help you a lot to avoid the Wacom tablet driver issues. Moreover, your device will be upgraded which is very important for enhancing the device longevity.
Method 1: Verify the Hardware Issue
Sometimes, a loose connection or damaged port issue becomes a major factor that is responsible for creating the Wacom tablet driver error.
Then, check with the alternate port and resolve the issue temporarily.
- Disconnect the external devices along with peripherals that are attached to the port.
- Now, plug them again into another port after waiting for a few minutes. Examine whether the device is working properly or not.
- If it is still unresponsive, then try another USB Cord and resolve the hardware-related issues that are responsible for creating the Wacom Driver failure.
Method 2: Restart the Wacom Services
Many times, only by restarting the services, you can resolve the Wacom Tablet driver issues as soon as possible.
Though it is one of the simplest ways, for a permanent fix, follow the next steps to set up it manually.
- Hold the Windows key and press the R from the keyboard. Now, launch the Run dialog box on the desktop.
- Now, type “services.msc” in the text box and then hit the OK button to start the Windows Service.
- You can see a queue of services with their status and details. Choose the TabletService Wacom.
- Next, right-click on it and tap on the Restart from the pop-up menu that appears on the screen.
- After that, exit from the services window and check whether everything is okay or not.
If any problem occurs to start the Wacom services automatically, you can perform the steps to begin the service manually.
- Open a text document and type the following commands sequentially.
“@echo off”,“NET STOP WTabletServicePro”,“timeout /t 5 / nobreak > NUL”,“NET START WTabletServicePro”, “timeout /t 2 / nobreak > NUL”
- Now, save that file with “.bat” extension and store it as a batch file on your system.
- Finally, play the device and verify whether the message, “Wacom tablet driver not found Windows 10” appears on the screen or not.
Method 3: Upgrade the Wacom Driver
If you use the older version of the Wacom Driver, then you can encounter the Wacom driver recognization failure issue.
Then, the best way is to install the driver with the latest version and make sure both the driver version and Operating System are compatible with each other.
- Type “devicemgmt.msc” in the Cortana Search box and enter into the Device Manager window by pressing the Enter key.
- Now, you can see various drivers that are installed for your device and go to the Tabet Driver section.
- Then, expand it and choose the Wacom Tablet drivers and other drivers if they are outdated. Right-click on those obsolete drivers.
- Next, select Update Driver from the context menu and choose “Update the Drivers Automatically” from the next window.
- After that, click on the Next button to confirm and wait for a while until the drivers are finished accepting the latest versions.
- Finally, tap the Finish button and let the process complete. Now, after a successful installation, reboot the system and check whether the Wacom driver failure problem got fixed or not.
Method 4: Roll Back the Drivers
You can face the Wacom Driver issue immediately after updating the drivers. Incorrect installation of the drivers or the device incompatible drivers is responsible for this problem.
Then, you might recover the older version and resolve the problem very easily.
- Click on the Start button and launch the Control Panel window by tapping on the Control Panel from the Start Menu.
- Now, choose the Device Manager and open the Device Manager window.
- After that, locate the Human Interface Devices and expand them. Then, right-click on Wacom tablets after expanding the Interface section.
- Next, tap on the Properties from the upcoming context menu.
- Then, click on the Device tab from the Device Manager Properties window and tap on the Roll Back Driver option from the same page.
- Finally, check the status of the drivers and verify whether the Wacom device is working properly or not.
Method 5: Reinstall the Wacom Drivers
If you wrongfully install the older version of the Wacom drivers or the driver installation file missing are problematic issues for the Wacom device.
Then, you need to uninstall the executable file and install it with the latest version.
- Type “devicemgmt.msc” in the search box and open the Device Manager window by pressing the OK button.
- After that, click on the Services from the next window and tap on the Human Interface Devices.
- Now, you can view a panel of drivers under this section and select the Wacom Tablet option.
- Next, right-click on the program and select the Uninstall Device option from the menu.
- Tap on the YES button and confirm the device driver uninstallation process. It will take several minutes to finish the entire task.
- After that, go to the Wacom Official Website and download the latest version of drivers. Ensure the new version of the drivers is supported by the Wacom OS.
- Once done, try to reboot the Windows and launch an app to verify whether the annoying message, “Wacom tablet driver not found” appears on the display or not.
Method 6: Fix via Command Prompt
You might run the Command Prompt in Administrator Mode and resolve the driver-related issue effectively.
- Hold the Windows key and type “cmd” in the search box to locate the Command Prompt quickly.
- Now, wait for the CMD icon to appear on the Start Menu and right-click on it.
- Choose the Run as Administrator option from the context menu that appears on the screen.
- After that, enter the correct Admin credentials and open the Command Prompt (Admin).
- In the prompt window, enter the command “mklink /j “D:\Program Files\Tablet” or “C:\Program Files\Tablet” and press the Enter key to run.
- Finally, verify whether the Wacom driver issue got fixed or not after applying the new changes.
Wrapping it Up…
In this article, we have defined effective ways to resolve the “Wacom tablet driver not found Windows 10” major issues immediately. Moreover, we have tried to highlight the affected areas that are liable for inventing this troublesome error.
So, those solutions will help you to identify the problem at the initial stage of the error and give the opportunity to fix the problem at the earliest. We hope this content will be helpful to overcome all the obstacles associated with the Wacom Driver effectively.