Vortex is outlined to interact with Nexus Mod effortlessly. It helps by allowing you to find, install and play mods, learn about new files, etc. Vortex Mod Manager is basically an open-source mod manager that allows you to download, install and manage different mods for games with an easy interface. This is supported by Windows 7, 8, and 10, along with windows XP. But, unfortunately, users reported that they are encountering vortex mods cannot be deployed or vortex deployment failed issues. They are facing this when trying to deploy the mods for the game.
This such situation, keep in mind not to panic, as this can make the situation worst. Here is the requisite information and instructions that will help you out.
5 Fixes of the ‘Vortex Mods Cannot Be Deployed’ Issue
As mentioned that the affected user encountered the error vortex mods cannot be deployed when they tried to deploy the mods for the game.
Also, when the users try to set up the vortex for the first time, they have faced the issue. This error is not limited to a single game, and even they got the error when they were changing the settings of mods.
1. Delete the Deployment JSON File of Vortex
In order to operate the Vortex Mod Manager deployment JSON is essential. If the JSON is corrupted, you might encounter the error that the vortex mods can not be deployed. In such a situation deleting the JSON file might solve the issue. You need to follow the instructions as given.
- First, you need to exit the game and the Vortex. Keep in mind that no process related either to the game or to the vortex is running in the Task Manager.
- After that, you need to open the installation directory of the vortex and go to the Data folder. Now, you need to back up the file – vortex.deployment.json
- You have to delete the file. You don’t have to worry much, as the file will be recreated when you relaunch the mod manager.
- Finally, deploy the vortex to check whether the issue has been resolved or not.
2. Shift the Mod Folder to the Game Drive
The mod folder and the game must be on the same drive, and this is quite important for the vortex operation. The error might appear if the mod folder is in a different location.
In such a situation, move the mod folder to the installation drive of the game. This might eventually solve the error:
- In the place where you want to shift the mod and where the game is already installed, create a new folder on the location.
- Then, on the mod manager, open Settings and go to the Mods tab. After that, you need to edit the base path to the place of the mod staging folder. Then, you will observe that all the mods will be moved to the right location with the help of hard link deployment.
- Finally, check if the vortex mods can be deployed properly or not.
3. Roll Back to the Installation of the Vortex
In case the issue started to occur after any recent update of the vortex, then it would be better to roll back the update. This can be the cause of showing vortex mods cannot be deployed.
But, you need to remember that rolling back a version for which a warning was issued will not be effective. Below we have given some instructions to help you out:
- First, you need to open the download page of the vortex and download the previous release.
- After that, you need to launch the downloaded file and complete the installation process. You don’t have to uninstall the current installation.
- Finally, check whether the issue has been resolved or not by trying to redeploy vortex.
4. Reinstall the WinRAR Application
In order to unzip the content of the vortex, a compression utility WinRAR is important. You might observe the error if the WinRAR is corrupted. In such a situation, it would be better to reinstall WinRAR, and this can resolve the issue.
- At first, you need to exit the application and the vortex. You need to make sure that in the Task Manager, no processes either related to the game or to vortex are running.
- Now, in the Windows search box, type “control panel”. A list of results will display on the screen, and select the Control Panel option.
- After that, click on the Uninstall A Progam option, followed by selecting the WinRAR application, and then finally, hit the Uninstall option.
- Now, you just need to follow the instructions given to uninstall the WinRAR and then restart the system.
- Finally, restart, download and install the latest version of WinRAR. Now, try to deploy the vortex to check if still, the error is appearing or not.
5. Update Vortex to the Latest Version
To improve the performance of the vortex from the bugs and satiate tech logical advancements, we need to update the vortex. You might observe the error if you are using an outdated version of the vortex.
To update the vortex to the latest version, follow the solution:
- From the mod manager, open the Menu and click on the Setting tab on the left tab of the window.
- After that, go to the vortex tab and select No Automatic Updates from the dropdown menu.
- You can click on the Check now button to check for the latest version.
- When the update is completed, check if the deployment error has been resolved or not.
So, this was all about the vortex mods cannot be deployed issue. All the fixes, along with some related information, are given. This will help you out in solving this issue. We hope you will be able to fix the given error in a limited amount of time without any assistance.