Windows 10 is one of the most advanced Operating Systems nowadays. The version is well known for its amazing features and exceptional technology that is sufficient to grab the users’ attention. However, none of the Operating Systems are error-free and so are the Windows 10. There might be several errors and bugs with the OS which is fairly common. Among these, error 0x8007007e in Windows 10 is one of the complex ones. This error typically occurs due to incomplete update or update failure of applications on Windows. This error comes with a note that says “there were problems while installing some updates, error 0x8007007e”. Several users get puzzled with this bothersome situation and are incapable to handle this issue.
So, if you are one of those and looking for some effective solutions, then you have visited the right page. In this content, we will assign all the causes and powerful solutions to terminate this issue as soon as possible.
Know the Probable Reasons for Error 0x8007007e Windows 10
If your computer is showing by error code 0x8007007e, then there might be several reasons behind this error. This issue mainly occurs due to the interference of third-party applications. Sometimes, the antivirus can also result in this error code. Corrupted registry files or the software conflict is another prime suspect for this error code.
If you have stopped the installation process while updating the Windows to a newer version, then it will also cause this error code occurrence. An outdated BIOS version or a corrupted BIOS is another prime cause for this issue. However, we have enough solutions to terminate this issue that we will elaborate in the next segment.
Effective Methods to Resolve Error 0x8007007e in Windows 10
We have arranged a few effective methods in order to fix your PC. You can try either one of these solutions or all the methods discussed below to fix error code 0x8007007e as soon as possible.
Method 1: Disable the Third-party Antivirus Programs and Windows Firewall Program from Control Panel
As it was mentioned above, this error can be caused by antivirus interference. So, you need to disable the application for a few hours until the error code is resolved. Go through the steps discussed below to succeed in the task.
- At first, tap the Windows Start key from the bottom-left edge of the screen.
- Now, type Control Panel into the Search pane and tap the Enter key to open the action.
- After that, drive to the System and Security option from the top of the search results and click on Windows Defender Firewall option.
- Now, click on the Turn Windows Firewall On or Off title from the left window pane and Turn Off the point.
- After that, click on the Save option from the bottom of the screen and simply close all the tabs.
After successfully turning off the Firewall feature from the Control Panel, restart the computer as usual and see if the error code is resolved r not. If the error still persists or the above method doesn’t aid, try another solution below.
Method 2: Repair the Registry Entries Associated with Windows Error Code 0x8007007e
If the registry files get corrupted or missing, then it will result in error code 0x8007007e. You need to restore all those registry entries to solve this issue. Perform the steps mentioned below:
- Turn on your computer and you can see the Windows Start button. After that, click on that to continue.
- When the Windows search panel opens, type “Command” in the Search box and while pressing the Ctrl + Shift key, tap on the Enter button.
- After that, click on Yes when a permission dialogue box opens.
- Now, this will open a black box with a blinking cursor on the next window. Type “regedit” in the box and tap the Enter key to proceed to the next.
- Select the Task Host Windows related entries from the Registry Editor folder. And, select the Export option from the File menu which is at the end of the results.
- Select the folder in the Save list where you want to save Microsoft backup and choose the Selected Branch option.
- On the next page, click on the Save option and then, the file will be saved as “.reg file extension”.
After completing all the above steps accurately, restart your computer manually and see if the Windows error exists or not. If you are facing any issue regarding this error code, try another method.
Method 3: Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter on Windows 10
The Windows Troubleshooter is an essential and an in-built tool that allows the computer to fix many of the errors. Go through the steps given here to accomplish the task.
- At first, switch on the computer and hit the Windows Start button from the bottom-left edge of the screen.
- Now, type Control Panel into the Search pane and tap the Enter key.
- After that, when the Control Panel opens, drive to the System and Security option from the top of the search results.
- Now, locate the Troubleshoot option under the Security and Maintenance option and click on that.
- Pick a Troubleshooting category from the list of the search results and tap the OK button.
- After that, run the Troubleshooter that suits the problem you are facing and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the task.
After completing all the above steps successfully and accurately, restart the computer and see if the error code 0x8007007e exists or not.
Method 4: Perform a Clean Boot
Sometimes, the software application conflicts or gets corrupted which result in this error. A clean boot allows the computer to resolve such issues. Go through the steps discussed below to perform a clean boot:
- At first, turn on the computer and go to the Run Command by pressing the Windows+R key at the same time from your keyboard.
- Type “msconfig” into the Run box and tap the Enter key or simply click on the OK button to begin the action.
- After that, click on the Services tab from the top of the results and check the Hide all Microsoft Services option.
- Select the Disable all option from the very bottom of the screen and click on the Startup tab.
- Again click on the Disable all options from the very bottom of the screen and click on OK.
- After that, you can see the Open Task Manager option, click on that to open the action and select each task one-by-one to Disable them.
After successfully completing all the above actions correctly, restart the computer and check on Don’t show this message or start the system option. Now, check if the error code 0x8007007e survives or not. If yes, then try another solution discussed below.
Method 5: Repair the Windows Corrupted System Files on your PC
As it was discussed above that due to the system corrupted files, it will result in Windows update error code 0x8007007e. Hence, you need to repair all the Windows corrupted files in order to get back your PC as earlier. Go through the steps to succeed in the assignment.
- At the beginning, switch on the computer and open the Run Command box by pressing the Windows+R key at the same moment.
- Type “cmd” into the Search pane and tap the Enter key or just click on OK to invoke Command Prompt.
- After that, drive to the very top result from the list and click on Run as Administrator option.
- On the next screen, when the DISM command box appears, type “dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” into the box and tap the Enter key.
- Now, type “sfc/scannow” into the Command box and tap the Enter key.
- After that, wait until the task is completed and click on Finish when you are done.
After completing all the above steps accurately, you will be able to repair all the corrupted system files. Now, restart the computer and check if the error code 0x8007007e is now fixed. If the error code still remains or the preceding method doesn’t act, try another solution.
Method 6: Reset all the Windows Update Components on your PC
If the above methods don’t work, then there might be some issues with the Windows Update components on your PC. Sometimes the Update components’ setting changes due to several reasons. Hence, go through the steps below to reset all the components and eliminate this error code:
- At first, turn on your computer and invoke the Run Command box by pressing the Windows + R key at the same time on your keyboard.
- Now, write “cmd” into the Cortana Search bar and tap the Enter key or click on the OK button to begin the operation.
- After that, choose the Run as Administrator option and type the input “net stop wuauserv” into the box.
- Tap the Enter key after inputting the above command and do the same for all the components.
- Click on OK when you are done and simply click on Save to save the changes you made.
After completing all the above steps successfully, close all the Command Prompts box and restart the computer manually. Now notice if the error code 0x8007007e is now fixed.
Method 7: Update the Computer’s BIOS Version Manually
If none of the earlier plans acted, then updating the computer’s BIOS version is the single thing that can help to fix the Windows update error code 0x8007007e. A damaged BIOS version or antiquated BIOS version can definitely stop the Window to be updated. Go through the steps in order to update the BIOS version:
Downloading the BIOS File
- At first, tap the Windows Start key located at the bottom-left edge of the screen.
- Type “msinfo” into the search session and hit the Enter key to invoke the System Data on the next window.
- Now, find the System Model title, on the screen and copy the computer’s model signature and number.
- After that, drive to the BIOS version number on the desktop. On the other hand, if you have a custom-built computer, simply jump this step.
- Now, inaugurate a web browser on the desktop and direct to the manufacturer’s website to download the BIOS data.
- Enter the BIOS version product, Model number, and Model title in the box and tap the Enter key to hunt for the latest BIOS version.
- You can view a table of all the options on the next screen. Simply click on the ‘Download’ button at the very back of the page.
- Next, click on the ‘Confirm’ choice to start the BIOS download.
Installing the BIOS
- After the download finishes, proceed to the Drive/Folder where you have saved the BIOS file and simply crack the folder.
- Copy all the records to a USB drive and restart the computer to start the method.
- When the logo seems on the startup screen, simply clasp the F12 key to enter the BIOS setup sheet.
- Choose the BOOT tab from the screen and assure that the USB drive is showing the Flash title.
- Pick the Flash option, from the Advanced tab and enable the computer to update the BIOS file manually.
- Double-click on the BIOS.exe file and choose the Extract option from the menu.
- Now, click on the Run option, and then on Next to start the installation method.
- Agree on the “Accept all the Terms and Conditions” option, and then click on the Next option until the software application starts installing.
- Do not turn Off the computer while the BIOS is renewing and click on the Finish key after the BIOS installation gets ended.
After completing all those steps, restart your computer and you are no longer affected by any issues concerning this error code.
We have shared all the possible and effective solutions in order to eliminate error 0x8007007e Windows 10 in minutes. You can work on either one of these answers or all the solutions until you have the solution. Hope the above article was beneficial enough to guide you. In case the issue still persists or the above methods don’t aid, then there might be some other internal conflicts or you have done something wrong with those steps. In that case, consult with an expert or take technical support. Lastly, we recommend you present your precious feedback in the comment box to let us know your experience.