The Touch ID acts as the fingerprint password of the iPhone. It is a quite reliable feature, however, sometimes the Touch ID gives out several issues. The Touch ID not working is one of them.
The Touch ID not working primarily occurs due to minor faults or mistakes like using dirty fingers on the fingerprint reader. But under a few conditions, this issue is triggered by major software misconfigurations and hardware problems.
Now, if you want to learn how to fix the iPhone Touch ID not working issue, then follow this article till the end.
Ways to Fix the Touch ID Not Working Issue
To solve the Touch ID not working issue, you need to follow some simple and straightforward solutions. And those solutions are given in the section below.
Have a look at them and try to use them as instructed.
Common Solutions: Basic Workarounds
Before you try out any major solution there are basic solutions or workarounds that you should try out. Those things are given below have a look at them.
- Ensure that the fingerprint reader of your iPhone and your finger are dry and clean. To do that use a lint-free cloth to clear away all the dust and dirt from the fingerprint reader.
- Remove any case or screen protector from your iPhone if it is in the path of the fingerprint reader.
Hard Reset the iPhone
Somethings, a reboot can fix the Touch ID not working issue on your iPhone. And it is quite possible the same trick may work for you as well.
Now try the follow the given steps:
- Press and quickly release the Volume Up button and then do the same thing with the Volume Down button.
- After that, press and hold the Side button of your iPhone until you see the Apple logo comes up.
Now, try to use your fingerprint reader again in order to verify the status of the error.
Disable and Enable the Touch ID
Another way through which you can resolve this issue is by re-enabling the Touch ID option. And to do that, follow the given steps.
- Tap on the Setting app and enter into its menu.
- Then, look for the Touch ID & Passcode option and tap on it. This will open up its window.
- In the Touch ID & Passcode window, disable all of the options you see and then reboot your iPhone or iPhone.
After doing that, open up the Touch ID & Passcode option again and then enable all the options. Now, test if the Touch ID is working or not.
Re-enter Your Finger Impression
It might be possible that the last time you entered your Finger impression, it failed due to a major update or app installation fault. Thus, you need to remove the old Finger impression and provided a new one.
Now, to do that, follow the given steps.
- Tap on the Setting app and then select the General option.
- In the General window, you need to tap on the Touch ID & Passcode option.
- Now, if you have already set a passcode, in your iPhone then enter it.
- Now, in the Touch ID & Passcode window, tap on the Fingerprints option and enter into its window.
- There, you need to tap on the “Add a fingerprint” option and register new Finger impression.
After doing this task, lock your iPhone and check whether or not the Touch ID is working.
Update the iOS Device
In a few cause users have noted that the Touch ID not working issue appear on their system because of failure in the update process of the OS.
And it is quite possible the same thing is creating this issue on your iPhone or iPad device also.
Now, to fix that issue, you need to update your iPhone to the latest available version and to do that follow the given steps.
- Plug-in your device into the AC power outlet and then turn on the mobile data or connect it with the Wi-Fi.
- Go to the home screen and tap on the Settings app. In that app window, tap on the General option and enter into its window.
- There you need to select the Software Update option and then tap on the “Download and Install” option.
- During this task, a message appears notifying you about “temporarily remove apps” because iOS needs more space for the update. Then, tap on the Continue option to perform the task. Or click on the Cancel option to abandon the process.
Now, if your iPhone asks you for the passcode, then type in and start the updating process. Once that process gets completed, reboot the system. Then, use the Touch ID in order to check its workability.
Reset the iPhone
Another way by which you resolve the Touch ID not working issue is by resetting the device and start from scratch. To perform this method on your system follow the given steps.
- Open the Setting window and then tap on the General option.
- In the General window, look for the Reset option and tap on it.
- After that, you will get six resting option. Choose any one of them and continue the process.
Once that process is over, reboot your device once more and then test out the Touch ID feature.
However, if none of the given solutions works for you, then there is a big chance that your device is suffering from physical damage.
And to fix that problem you need to contact a technical expert to fix it. For more technical information on this topic keep following our upcoming articles.