Many wireless Windows 10 users generally access the internet using a wireless adapter. But in some cases, these wireless adapters can also malfunction due to a number of reasons. For instance, if you do not configure it properly then it may cause a big problem. This is why in this article, we will provide you with an effective guide on how can you fix the Problem with wireless adapter or access point in windows 10. Hence, go through the article thoroughly.
Causes for “Problems with wireless adapter or the access point” error
To overcome this error it is of utmost essential to know what is the main causes of this error. To know it read the causes below.
- Loss of wireless adapter port, disabling hardware devices related problems can be the causes of this error
- Faulty wireless adapter drivers or corrupted wireless network drivers can stop the wifi connection
- Incorrect network configuration can also be the cause of this error. You can check the setting of Windows 10 to see if any setting has been changed or not
Easy Methods to Fix the wireless adapter or access point error:
Here we have discussed some easy solutions to fix your problem with wireless adapter or access point windows 10. To do it check the steps below.
1: Delete the wireless profile
You may encounter the problem with wireless adapter or access point windows 10 by deleting your wireless profile. If you face this issue due to the corrupted wifi configuration profile. In this case, you have deleted your wireless wifi profile and reconnected it. You can do it by using the network list or using the command prompt as well.
Using the network list
- Click on the wifi option which appears in right most corner of the screen
- Then right-click on the network and click on Forget option
- After that restart your computer and connect your wifi network again
Now check if you access the internet properly or not.
Using Command prompt
- In the search box type command prompt and right-click on it
- Then click on Run as administrator option
- In the black window type the command “netsh WLAN delete profile name=” wireless profile name” and press the enter
- After that reconnect your wireless network
If you still can not access the internet properly then you can move to the next solution.
2: Update the network driver
It is not necessary that the network drivers should be updated at all times. And this error may occur due to the outdated drivers. So to overcome it you have to update drivers manually. To update it, follow as instructed below:
- Right-click on the start button and click on the device manager
- After that expand the option for network adapters
- Then right-click on the adapter which is outdated
Or you can update the drivers from your Windows 10 official website.
3: Check that your wifi password is correct
With a strong password, you can protect your wifi. While trying to connect to the wireless network, and if you enter a wrong password then this problem can also occur. To fix this error disconnect your wifi and reconnect it again. Make sure that you have given the correct password.
4: Remove all the antivirus software
For security purposes, Antivirus software is important. But some antivirus programs can interface with the wireless connection and may cause a problem with wireless adapter or access point windows 10. So to overcome this problem you have to disable the antivirus software temporarily.
5: Check if the adapter is disabled or not
Sometimes it is the primary cause of this error. At times, your network adapter might disable automatically. So you have to check and enable the adapter. To perform this task, follow the steps given below:
- At first, go to the device manager
- Then click on the properties option
- After that go to the driver to enable it
This article gives you a brief idea about how can you fix the problem with wireless adapter or access point windows 10. Hopefully, it will help you to fix this problem. Hence, implement the solutions carefully to avail fruitful results.