Norton’s antivirus is one of the renowned and powerful securities for your computer. This is an antivirus and anti-malware software which gives you strong protection from the virus and the malware at operation. Norton security always keeps your system safe and secure. But sometimes, you might face some errors which could make you a little worried about the Operating System. There are many errors and Norton Error 3048 3 is one among those. This error might occur while the installation process is going on. It might be in the time when some software which is related to Symantec is running. This problem also may arise while the startup or while you are shutting down the system.
Symptoms of Norton Error 3048 3:
There are some common symptoms through which you can understand if your computer is facing the error 3048 3 of Norton;
- The active window program gets crashed all the time. And also the device experiences constant lagging and crashing.
- If you are using the Window 7, you will get to see on the screen Norton Error 3048 3 e on the screen.
- The operating system takes little more time to respond. So, you could identify through that if the system is facing the error 3048 3 or not.
- Your Operating System gets freezes all the time and this happens again and again. So, through these circumstances, you will get to understand if the system is facing this error.
Causes for the Norton Error 3048 3:
There are many reasons which generate this error code 8504. The reasons could be the following;
- If you are carrying on with an incomplete installation of the Norton Software or maybe the download was corrupted, in that case, this Norton error 8504 gets generated.
- There might be a corruption in the windows registry. Due to the Norton software change, the registry key might get corrupted. This will also generate the Norton error 3048 3 error.
- Sometimes, the virus or the malware infection can harm the Windows system files or the Norton Software related file. This could also be a reason for the error 8504.
- And even if sometimes we accidentally delete the Norton software file, the said problem might arise.
Wipe Off the Norton Error 3048 by these Steps:
There are some steps or a solution to fix the problem. These are well-researched and thus, efficient enough for you. So, check below:
Need to erase all the system junk files:
When you browse the internet or due to your constant computer use, a great number of unwanted files get downloaded. These files are junk files. They actually increase the load in your Hard Drive. And due to that, your Norton antivirus might respond a bit slowly. You just need to perform the disk clean up in order to get rid of this Norton Error 3048 3. At the same time, this will also boost up your computer’s overall performance. Following are the ways through which you can go for the disk cleanup:
- First, you need to click on the Start button in order to get the search bar, where you can type anything.
- In the below search box you need to type “Command” and after that, hit the Enter button through the keyboard. And holding the Ctrl-Shift you need to hit the Enter button.
- You will get to see the authorization dialog box and you need to give a click on Yes.
- Once you have given the positive consent a black window will pop up on the screen.
- You just need to type cleanmgr and then press the Enter button.
- Now, once you have done that Disk Cleanup will estimate how much space can be regained.
- The disk cleanup dialogue box will be finally up on your screen. There will be some checkbox which you need to select. Most of the file you will get to see the Temporary Files category. Select that checkbox accordingly as per your requirement and give your consent for clean. So, in order to do that, you need to hit on the OK button.
Updating the driver:
The corrupt device driver can be one reason for this Norton Error 3048 3. Sometimes, the driver stops working due to many causes. So, you can go ahead and update the PC driver and this error will also get a fix after the update. But make sure you find the right driver and update that. You will get that driver from the manufacturer’s website. In case if you download the wrong driver, the problem will be more critical.
Restore your Windows System:
You can easily get rid of this Norton Error 3048 3 issue by restoring the recent windows system. This will help you to fix this error. After the restoration of your system like a new PC. The system gets its data back again. And the system will be working fine. So, you can avoid wasting your hours of time to fix this error. Now to restore your Windows Operating System, you need to follow the steps below:
- First, you need to click on the Start button in order to get the search bar where you can type anything.
- Once the search bar gets highlighted you need to type there System Restore through that white panel.
- You will get to see a small dialogue box popped up on the screen with the system restore result.
- You need to enter any overseer password and then, go ahead and select the restore point, and then follow the simple steps through the wizard.
Windows System File Checker:
You can also run the Windows system file checker tool which makes you able to scan and restore deception in the windows system file. This has also included Norton Error 3048 3. Now to run this Windows system file Checker you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Left-click on the Start menu. You get to see the white panel where you can type in.
- Now type command through that white panel of the white box and then press the Enter button through the keyboard. You need to hold Ctrl-Shift and hit the enter button.
- It will take you to an authorization dialog box where you will get to see a yes option. You just need to click on that.
- After you click on that, a black window will appear on your computer screen where you need to type “sfc/scannow: and then, press the Enter button.
- Now, the system file checker will start to perform its work. This will scan the Norton Error 3048 3 along with some other system file issue. You just need to follow all the command which you will get to see on your computer screen and the problem will be resolved.
So far, we have given a brief understanding of the Norton Error 3048 3 and why this occurs. We also tried to explain all the easy and, simple solution so that you won’t face any difficulty to get over this problem. If you have any doubts in your mind or need any more clarification, you can simply comment in our comments section.