Among the popular antivirus software, the Bitdefender is the most used one. Despite being the best in the market, it too possesses severe glitches like the Bitdefender error 1020. This is an update mistake of the top-of-the-line cybersecurity programming. Though the fundamental purpose of this mistake is the Internet issue. The error is mainly a run-time error. This Bitdefender error 1020, however, also appears in a computer system during installing and activating software.
It can also appear due to an incomplete or improper installation process or of some missing program-related entries and files, corrupt downloads, etc, It might also occur if your computer is infected with malware or viruses. If you are encountering similar issues and do not know the procedures to fix it, go through the article. In this article, we have mentioned the effective guidelines that will help you to get rid of the error.
Quick Ways To Fix Bitdefender Error Code 1020
If you are encountering the Bitdefender error code 1020 and do not know the ways to fix the glitch, you can go through the easy procedures given below. They will help you and further provide you with hassle-free work.
Method 1: Run A Scan For Malware
The Bitdefender error 1020 might also occur if your computer is infected with malware or viruses. Therefore, to fix the glitch you need to run a full scan to detect the problems. When the problems appear, resolve them. You can use any third-party antivirus to scan. However, if you do not have any, you can use the Windows Defender, the inbuilt antivirus of Windows.
Method 2: Update The Device Drivers
You can likewise experience the Fn key not working blunder on the off chance that you are utilizing a wrong, defective, degenerate, absent or obsolete console driver. Henceforth, you have to refresh the driver. You can refresh it both physically and naturally. Experience the procedure given beneath:
To physically refresh the device drivers, you have to visit the manufacturer’s site. At the point when the site shows up, you have to find the right and the most recent driver for your device. Ensure the most recent driver is compatible with the device that you are using. At last, you need to download and install them. Reboot your system once the process completes. Finally, you need to check if the mistake still purposes.
Automatic Driver Update
Moreover, you can also update the driver automatically. However, to do the same, you need to perform the following steps:
- First, you need to run a full scan on your computer.
- You will receive two options, stating Update and Update All.
- If you want to update the driver automatically but install it manually, then you need to click on the Update option.
- Alternatively, upon installing the driver automatically, you need to choose the Update All option. Upon downloading the driver make sure they are compatible with your device.
- The procedure will take a couple of minutes to finish. Presently, reboot your device and check if the issue persists.
Through Device Manager
You can likewise utilize the Device Manager to update the flawed driver of your PC. Pursue the simple advances offered underneath to finish the procedure with no problem:
- In the first place, you have to press both the Windows logo key and R together to invoke the Run dialog box.
- When the box shows up, you have to type the ‘devmgmt.msc.’ command. Now, hit on the Enter key.
- Double-click on the USB controllers option and also select the ‘USB Composite Device’ options. When the window opens, you need to choose the ‘Update Driver Software’ option.
- Tap on the “Search automatically” choice to look for the most recent updates that are accessible and after that, update the driver programming.
- At the point when the wizard springs up on your PC screen, you have to perform the on-screen guidelines.
- At last, reboot your gadget and check if the mistake settles.
Method 3: Performing A Reinstallation Of The Windows
If the above two methods do not work to solve the Bitdefender error 1020, you can reset or reinstall the Windows. To implement the same, go through the following steps:
- First, you need to select the Start button and then select Settings.
- When the window opens, you need to click on the Update and Security option and then on Recovery.
- When the new window pops up, under the Reset this PC option, select the Get started option.
- Finally, you need to restart your PC to get the sign-in page.
- Now, you need to press and hold down the Shift key while selecting the Power icon.
- When the computer starts, you need to select the Troubleshoot option and then Reset this PC. Check if the error resolves.
The methods mentioned above will hopefully help you to fix the Bitdefender error 1020.