Android users often face the “com.android.systemui has stopped” error notification while using the smartphone device. When this issue occurs, the device starts to respond slowly.
Usually, this issue occurs due to the damaged installation of custom ROM or a third-party application. Or, due to a deleted OS file. Most of the time, it is a third-party application.
If you also face the ‘System UI has stopped’ issue and tired of searching the solutions for this error, then this guide can help you to get rid of this issue.
Hence, you should take a glance at the guide given below. So, let’s start.
Easy Hacks to Fix the System UI Has Stopped Issue
There are a lot of ways to fix this issue. You should try all the solutions from the below section to check which one is appropriate for you
Procedure 1: Google Update Uninstallation on Android Device
According to some users, Google app might be the cause behind the appearance of this issue on smartphone devices. Hence, if you face this error after updating the Google app, then you should uninstall this application by performing the steps as follows:
- In the beginning, open the Settings of the smartphone device.
- Navigate to the Application Manager.
- Select the Installed App from the next page.
- Now, search for the Google app that you wish to uninstall.
- Tap on the Uninstall App.
Restart the device and check if the error has been fixed. If the issue recurs, then you need to clear the cache of the Android device.
Procedure 2: Empty the Cache of the Android Device
If the Android device that you are using is running on the 4.2 version and above, then you can clear the cache, whenever you note that unfortunately system UI has stopped.
How to Clear the Cache of the Android Device?
- First, navigate to the Settings.
- Then, tap on the Storage.
- Choose the ‘Cached Data’ option from the next page. After that, it will prompt confirmation.
- Tap on the OK button to make sure that you wish to empty the cache of the device.
After clearing the cache, if the issue still persists, then you should go to the next solution.
Procedure 3: Reboot the Device in Safe Boot
You can also fix this issue by rebooting the device in safe mode. To do this, you should stick to the steps mentioned below:
- First, turn off the Android device.
- Wait for a few seconds and turn the device on again by pressing the Power button.
- Hold the Power button until the brand logo appears on the screen of the device.
- Now, press and hold the Volume Down button for a few seconds.
- When you have seen the message ‘Device is in Safe Mode’, release the button.
Now, if you see that issue is still unresolved, then you should perform the procedures stated below.
Procedure 4: Uninstall the Third-party Application
We always use a third-party application on the Android device. Sometimes, it also triggers this error. Hence, you should fix this issue by uninstalling the third-party app from the computer.
How to Uninstall the Third-party Application from the Device?
- First, open the Settings of the Smartphone device.
- Navigate to the Application Manager section.
- Select the application that might be creating this issue with the Android device.
- Tap on the Uninstall button.
After that, you should reboot the Android device. Then, you should check if the issue has been resolved. Else, you should perform the Factory Reset of the smartphone device.
Procedure 5: Perform a Factory Reset of the Smartphone Device
After trying all the above hacks, if the issue is still unresolved, you should perform a Factory Reset of the Smartphone Device. Probably, this is the best way to solve this issue.
By performing the Factory Reset, you can delete all the existing data of the device. It will also restore the Android device to its initial state. But, before going to perform a Factory Reset, you need to create a backup of the essential data of the device.
After performing the Factory Reset, you should whether the issue has been fixed.
Summing it Up
In this guide, we have presented the foolproof tricks to fix the ‘system UI has stopped’ issue. After successfully applying the above hacks it will definitely help you to put an end to this bug.
Sometimes, it becomes difficult to perform the above solutions without any tech experience. In this juncture, you can seek help from a tech expert.
Still, if you have any doubts, then you can share your valuable feedback through the comment section given at the end of this post.