Sometimes, you may face the problem with system speed just after updating the Windows 10 version. It may also happen that the computer is getting frozen at the time of startup, or Windows is not recognizing a mouse click. If this happens to you, you will get an error notification in the Task Manager saying “System Idle Process high”. There are various reasons behind this error such as conflict among the drivers, a problem with the corrupted registry, or sometimes it may occur due to unnecessary CPU processes.
If you are dealing with this kind of situation, then you don’t need to be panic. Here, in this article, we are going to discuss all the possible solutions that can help you to fix the system idle process issue. So, read the entire article to know the details.
Effective Solutions for System Idle Process High CPU Issue
Here, in this part of the article, we are going to discuss the steps that can help you get rid of the system idle process high CPU issue. Follow these steps:
Fix 1: Turn Off the Startup Processes
The problem with System idle process high CPU Windows 10 might occur due to the problem with Startup processes. So, the issue might be fixed by turning off the Startup processes of your computer. The steps mentioned below will help you to do so. So, go through it.
At first, you need to press the Win key + R button both at the same time from your keyboard. This will help you to launch the Run dialog box. Then, write down “msconfig” in the dialog box and hit the Enter button from your keyboard.
After that, move your cursor to the top of your computer screen and go to the Service tab. Then, you have to verify the line which is showing “Hide all Microsoft services” and click on it. The services that are related to Microsoft will be turned off.
Thereafter, click on the “Disable all” button which is located at the left-hand side of the window. This will help you turn off all the third party software from your computer. Then, click on the Apply button to save all the changes that you have made and then exit from the configuration window.
Fix 2: Verify the Issues with the Device Driver
As we mentioned, the problem might occur due to the conflict with the Device drivers. So, you should check the problems associated with the device driver. Once you have recognized the driver that is causing the trouble, you should disable or update that driver. The steps below will help you to do so.
At first, press the Win key + R button both at the same time from your keyboard to open the Run dialog box. Then, write “devmgmt.msc” in the Run dialog box. This will help you to open the Device Manager in your system.
After that, the list of all the installed devices will appear on your computer screen. Then, look for the driver which is making the trouble. After finding it, right click on it and click on the Update Driver option.
Now, a window will appear on your screen asking “How do you want to search for drivers?” Then, click on the “Search automatically for updated driver software” option and wait for a few minutes to complete the updating procedure.
If any of the driver updates are unable to you, then you should visit the official website of the manufacturer, and then you should download the driver manually. Once, you are done with the Updating procedure, now restart your computer and check if the problem is resolved or not.
Fix 3: Adjust the Performance of Windows 10
The problem with system idle process high CPU Windows 10 might be fixed by adjusting the performance of Windows 10. The steps below will help you to do so.
- At first, move your cursor to the bottom left corner on your computer screen and click on the Start button. Then, type Control Panel in the search bar and click on the named option from the list of results.
- Then, click on the Performance option from the Control Panel window.
- After that, you will need to select the “Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows” option from the appearing results.
- Thereafter, tick on the box for “Adjust for best performance” option which is located under the Virtual Effects. Then, click on the OK button and restart your computer.
Fix 4: Use the Registry Key
If none of the above methods work for you, then you should try to fix the Registry key of your computer. The steps to do so are mentioned below.
- At first, press the Win key + R button both at the same time from your keyboard. After that, the Run dialog box will appear on your screen.
- Then, write “Regedit” in the dialog box and press the Enter button from your computer.
- Thereafter, move on to the path: ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management’
- After that, you will need to look for the ‘Clear Page File At Shut Down’, and then change its value to 1. Next, restart the computer and check if the problem with the system idle process high CPU is resolved or not.
Wrapping it up
Here, we have tried to provide all the possible solutions that can help you fix the system idle process high issue. Try the methods that we have discussed in this article and get rid of the issue easily. If you have any more queries regarding this topic, then do let us know in the comment section below.