When you try to update the System or want to launch a new program, often you see the error message, “Download Error”. In that case, the system starts to freeze automatically after showing the system manufacturer’s logo. Then, you will face an unexpected System Error Memory Dump Files message and the device display will open up with BSOD (Blue Screen Death) error. You won’t be able to perform any task without fixing it. So, here, we are going to talk about some of the ways to resolve the problem effectively.
Significant Reasons Behind System Error Memory Dump Files Windows 10
There are some common issues that create the System file error very often. So, if you identify the exact reasons for this problem, then it will to better for you to avoid this internal issue within a short period of time.
- The major issue occurs if the files used by the Operating System is copied and it extends the storage limit on your device. Therefore, the system starts to crash.
- If the total file size is exactly the same as the size of the kernel, then it creates the memory dump file issues effectively.
- Kernel memory dump issue happens if it occupies 1/3rd part of your device physical memory. The size includes Windows kernel as well as on hardware abstraction level.
- Another responsible reason for the System Error Memory dump issue is small memory dump problem. It contains very little information and if it overflows, then the problem occurs.
Resolve the System Error Memory Dump Files Problem Using Simple Ways
You can use some effective ways to resolve the system error memory dump files problem like major issues. Moreover, it helps to utilize the memory spaces and enhances the CPU cycles. Thus, you can fix the memory corruption issues as well as avoid the device error effectively. Here, we are going to talk about some of the technical ways to overcome this annoying issue permanently.
Use the Elevated Cleanup
- Type “disk cleanup” in the search box and locate the Disk Cleanup window by hitting the Enter key from the keyboard.
- After that, right-click on the program and choose Run as Administrator from the pop-up menu and open the Disk Clean window in Admin Mode.
- Now, you need to choose the drive to perform the disk cleanup program and you can choose C drive(local disk) if necessary. Press the Enter key or hit the OK button to clear the disk where the OS is installed.
- Windows will start to scan through the files and verify how much space is restored.
- Next, click on all the checkboxes to enable this cleanup service and press the OK to confirm it. After getting a confirmation, Windows will start to clear the storage spaces and allocate free spaces for that specific drive.
- You can see a successful message regarding the disk cleanup when the entire process is done. Finally, try to restart the device and verify whether System error memory dump files error got fixed or not.
Stop Indexing in Local Disk
- Turn on the Windows PC in Normal Mode and double-click on This PC or My Computer icon from the desktop and launch the System window.
- Now, right-click on the C drive (Local Disk) from the window and choose the Properties from the pop-up menu appeared on the screen. You can choose other disks from the My Computer window.
- Next, remove the tick from the checkbox says, “Allow files on this drive to have contents indexed in addition to file properties’ from the Properties dialog box.
- Hit the Apply button and save the new changes. When done, press the Exit button and close the Properties window.
- Finally, restart the system and check whether the System error memory dump files Windows 10 got fixed or not.
Removing the Dumping Files
- Type “control” in the search box and launch the Control Panel window by pressing the Enter key from the keyboard.
- After that, click on the Update and Security program from the Control Panel window and go to the System category under this section.
- Now, click on the Advanced System Settings from the left pane of the window and go to the Startup section.
- Then, choose Settings under the Startup and Recovery window. You can see list of dump files in the Dump file dialog box.
- Click on the Drop-down and choose the Dump files types to check which one is responsible for memory corruption problem.
- Next, close the window and type Windows and R together from the keyboard. Now, type the dump file location in the Run dialog box to launch the dump file list window.
- Locate the dump file by typing the dump file name “MEMORY.DMP” in the Find section and right-click on that specific file. Enter the correct credentials to accept the administrative privileges for taking necessary action.
- Once done, reboot the device and check whether the memory-related problem got resolved or not.
Perform Extended Disk Cleanup Program
- Type “cmd” in the Cortana Search box and locate Command Prompt from the Start menu. Right-click on that program and choose Run as Administrator from the pop-up menu.
- After that, type the following command and press the Enter key to run the command.
“Cleanmgr /sageset:65535 & Cleanmgr /sagerun:65535”.
- You can see a list of available options in the extended disk cleanup and choose the ones that you want to remove. Confirm it by pressing the OK button.
- Finally, reboot the PC and check whether the system error memory dump files problem got resolved or not.
Via Command Prompt
- Press the Windows key from the keyboard and type “cmd” in the Cortana Search box.
- Now, right-click on the Command Prompt and open it in Admin mode by tapping on Run as Administrator option.
- Then, type the following commands by creating a batch file format to execute them sequentially. Moreover, press the Enter at the end of each command and execute them one after another.
“fsutil usn deletejournal /d /n c:”,“chkdsk /scan”,“compact /CompactOs:never”,“winmgmt /salvagerepository”,“del “%temp%\*” /s /f /q”,“del “C:\$Recycle.bin\*” /s /f /q”,“del “%systemroot%\temp\*” /s /f /q”,“vssadmin delete shadows /for=c: /all /quiet”,“Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase”.
- When done, try to reboot the System in Normal mode and verify whether the memory corruption issue still occurs or not.
By Installing the Cleanup Software
- First, go to a trustworthy website and download a good cleanup software from that website.
- After installing this software successfully, open that software by double-tapping on it. It will ask you to enter the drive name which you want to scan and select them by tapping on them.
- This process will take a few minutes to analyze the drives and record the spaces available for each drive. So, wait patiently until the entire process is finished. Now, go to the Local Disk C drive from This PC icon.
- You can see a list of dump files in the resultant window with their descriptions and source file. Moreover, the blue blocks with those files confirm that those files are dump files and you can easily identify among other files.
- Finally, right-click on them and choose Delete option from the pop-up menu appeared on the screen. When done reboot the system and check whether the same issue still persists or not.
In the above content, we have discussed the System error memory dump files Windows 10 issues with its effective solutions. The effective steps discussed above will help you to enhance PC’s performance by utilizing the storage device. So, we hope this article will be helpful to tackle the memory dump file issue effectively without affecting other units.