Capcom and Dimps are the ones who developed Street Fighter 5. It is one of the best console games published by Capcom in 2016 for Microsoft and PlayStation 4. If you are a player who loves fighting-type games, then you can not miss out on street fighters. Thus, making it one of the top genres for decades. Yet the street fighter V is prone to not launching or showing other issues. Many players are reporting about the Steam Street Fighter 5 won’t launch issue. No matter how much they try, the game refuses to launch on PC.
But, you don’t need to worry much as we have come up with the fixes along with the causes behind the issue.
What Causes Steam Street Fight V Won’t Launch Issue?
After proper investigation and looking at various user reports, we have come up with a few causes that trigger the steam street fighter 5 won’t launch issue. We have gathered it from different scenarios that the users are coming across.
The Game Is Blocked By Windows Defender
In case the windows defender is updated, it will trigger the false positive for Street Fighter V. Though it is quite an old issue, and it has not been addressed. Thus, the best way to handle this is to establish a security exclusion in the security settings of windows.
Avast can also trigger false positives for the street fighter, it is quite similar to the one mentioned above. In this situation, you have to establish an exception rule or even uninstall the third-party security software.
Intel System Usage or Intel Driver Support Clashing with The Executable Of The Game
As mentioned, there are two intel processes that are supposed to clash with Street Fighter V. Many have reported the issue not appearing after they stopped the two processes before launching the game.
3 Fixes for the Steam Street Fighter 5 Won’t Launch Issue
In case you are struggling with the Steam Street Fighter 5 won’t launch, you don’t need to worry as you have come to the right place for the perfect solutions. We have come up with some of the fixes that will help you to fix the issue.
1. Excluding Street Files from Windows Defender
In case you are not using any third-party security software and the main game’s executable is detected as a false positive by the Windows Defender. This can be the cause for the Steam Street Fighter 5 won’t launch issue.
Many have also reported that after reconfiguring Windows Defender and changing the settings to exclude the game folder from the scan, they are not facing the issue.
We have come up with the steps that steam street fighter 5 won’t launchwill help you to prevent Windows Defender from blocking the game.
- First, you need to press the Windows+R key to open the Run dialog box. In the given space, type ‘ms-settings:windowsdefender’ and press the Enter button. This will lead you to the Settings app, followed by the Windows Security tab.
- Then, open the built-in security solution and click on the Open Windows Security option within the Windows Security tab.
- After that, you will go inside the Windows Security menu, select the Virus &Threat Protection option, followed by selecting the Manage Settings option.
- Now, you need to scroll down a bit and select the Exclusions menu, followed by hitting the Add Or Remove Exclusions.
- Next, you need to hit the Add An Exclusion option. A drop-down menu will appear to select the Folder option.
- A folder will appear, and you need to locate the Street Fight V folder. After locating it, select it and click on the Exclude this Folder option.
- Finally, restart the computer and check whether any hindrance is coming on the way to launching the Steam Street Fighter V.
2. Establish a Security Rule or Uninstall AVAST
In a lot of feedback, Avast antivirus is mentioned as the main cause of the issue, Steam Street Fighter 5 won’t launch. Over here, there are two ways that can help you to resolve the issue, either by uninstalling the third-party security suite or installing the entire Street Fighter V folder to the exception list.
In case you decide to perform the latter option, we have the instructions that can help you out.
- First, open Avast and go to the Settings option, followed by the General tab.
- Now, scroll down and select the Exclusion tab, followed by the file paths and browse button.
- Locate the Street Fights V, and in the exclusion list, select the Add option.
- It would be better if you go with the way that will leave no remnant files behind.
- This instruction will be best for you to remove Avast antivirus completely.
3. Step the Intel Driver Support and Intel System Usage Processes
It has also been seen that the users are facing the issue, and the main culprit is two intel processes that stop the game from running smoothly.
Though we are still working on why these two intel processes interfere with the game. Still, we have come up with the instructions that will help you out.
- Altogether, press the Ctrl+Shift+Enter key, and this will open the Task Manager.
- Now, scroll down the list of background processes and check whether the intel driver support process or intel system usage process is active or not.
- In case you find out that only one of them is active, then right-click on the process and select the End Task option.
This was all about the solutions of Steam Street Fighter 5 won’t launch issue. We have also mentioned the causes that trigger the issue. This will help you to fix the issue more easily. You just need to follow the instructions given, and the task is completed. Soon you will observe that the issue has been fixed.