Windows Media Player is a built-in primary media player used in all Windows devices. It is a very popular media player due to its easy accessibility and incredible functionalities. Besides its excellent performance, some of the technical flaws make it complicated to handle. You often get stuck with an unexpected error message saying “Server Execution Failed”.
Then, the Media Player starts to crash automatically and the device starts to freeze immediately without notifying you. However, we are going to discuss in this content the effective ways to fix these bugs quickly.
Major Factors Behind “Windows Media Player Server Execution Failed” Error
Some of the technical factors are responsible for making the Windows Media Player Server execution failed problem very often. Here, we are going to talk about those critical factors.
- Java setup file installation error or Windows Player networking service problem causes the server execution failed problem.
- Malware attacks or major web threats are other issues for this problem.
- Server execution issues may occur due to incorrect installation of the Windows Media Player file.
Fix “Server Execution Failed” Problem with Effective Ways
There are lots of ways to fix the “Server execution failed” problem easily. Here, we are going to discuss some of the basic ways to fix it permanently.
Way 1: Remove the Windows Player Network Sharing Service Problem
You can restart the Windows Player Network Sharing Service and fix the service regarding the issue. This is a basic step to overcome the App playing problem like an annoying issue.
- First, press the Windows and R from the keyboard together to launch the Run dialog box on the display.
- Now, type “services.msc” in the dialog box and click on the OK button to open the Services window.
- Next, locate the Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service and right-click on it. Choose Properties from the appeared context menu.
- Verify the Service status properly and hit the Stop button if it is enabled and wait until the Service got shut down.
- Make sure that the Startup type of the Windows Media Player is set as Automatic and restart the service again.
- Finally, try to play the Windows Media Player and verify whether the error still persists or not.
Way 2: Reinstall Java
To uninstall the Java program, you can remove the Java installation error. After that, you can enable it again with the latest version is one of the best approaches to resolve this critical problem easily.
- Click on the Start menu from the bottom-left part of the screen and tap on the Settings from the Start menu.
- After that, go to the Apps section and locate Java among the list of items installed on the system.
- Now, right-click on the Java from the list and choose Uninstall from the pop-up menu that appeared on the screen.
- Next, confirm the app removal process by tapping the YES button from the resultant dialog box.
- It will start to uninstall the Java program and wait until you get the successful message, “Java is removed successfully”.
- After successful uninstallation, go to the official website and download manually the Java application. Make sure that you have downloaded a file that is compatible with your device’s OS.
- Next, open the downloaded folder and run the Java executable file for your system. The installation time will be dependent on the file size as well as on the Disk Space.
- Finally, try to launch the Java application and verify whether the server execution failed issue got fixed or not.
Way 3: Perform a Clean Boot
Clean Booting is a service or effective service which reduces the server execution problem. Moreover, it eliminates technical glitches within a short period of time.
- Press the Windows key from the keyboard and type “msconfig” in the Cortana search box. Now, hit the Enter key to launch the System Configuration window.
- Click on the Boot tab from the System Configuration window and uncheck the Safe Boot option from that window.
- Now, click on the General tab from the same window and choose the Selective Startup option.
- Next, click on the checkbox says, “Load Startup Items” and disable it.
- Tap the Hide all Microsoft Services checkbox under Service tab and choose Disable All underneath it.
- Then, click on the Startup tab from the System Configuration window and click on the Open Task Manager. Choose the items that you want to disable and choose Disable option by right-clicking on them individually.
- Finally, reboot the device when done and it will fix the Windows Media Player server execution failed problem easily.
Way 4: Reregister DLL Files
This method can solve server execution failure issues like major issues instantly and within a limited timeframe. Moreover, the register of DLL files is highly useful to fix the Windows gadget’s malfunctioning problem.
- Type “cmd” in the search box and locate the Command Prompt window. Right-click on the Command Prompt option.
- Choose Run as Administrator and verify the admin account by entering the correct credentials and pressing the Verify button from the Administrative window.
- After opening the Command Prompt in Admin mode, type “regsvr32.exe jscript.dll”,”regsvr32.exe vbscript.dll” respectively.
- Now, you can see the message, “DllRegisterServer in jscript.dll succeeded” and check whether the Server Execution failed Windows 7 still appears on the display or not.
Way 5: Reinstall Windows Media Player
Reinstalling the Windows Media Player tool is one of the effective methods to remove the Windows Media Player issue immediately.
- Open the Command Prompt in Administrator Mode and type the command, “net localgroup “Administrators”“NT Authority\Local Service” /add”. Now, run it by hitting the Enter key on the keyboard.
- Next, click on the Start button and type “control” in the search box. Now, open the Control Panel window by pressing the Enter key on the keyboard.
- Now, click on the Programs and Features from the window and tap on Uninstall a program under this section.
- Here, you can see a list of installed programs and choose the Media Player from that list.
- Then, right-click on that application and other associated programs. Select Uninstall from the pop-up menu that appeared on the screen.
- Click on the YES button from the confirmation dialog box and uninstall the Windows Media Player from your device.
- After successful uninstallation, go to the Windows Official website and download the latest version of the Media Player which is compatible with your Windows PC.
- Now, install it properly and run it to verify whether the same issue still persists or not.
Way 6: Disable the Antivirus Temporarily
Sometimes, disabling the outdated antivirus and Windows Defender temporarily from the device easily can resolve the Windows App issues effectively. Then, you can easily play the videos via this Windows Media Player app without facing any trouble.
- Click on Settings from the Start menu and choose Update and Security app from the Settings window.
- Now, select Windows Security from the left pane of the resultant window and choose Open Windows Defender Security Center from that window.
- Click on Virus and Threat Protection Settings link from the Windows Defender’s settings window and disable Real-Time Protection, Cloud-Delivered Protection, and Automatic Sample respectively to turn the service off.
- After disabling the Real-time protection temporarily, close the Settings window and try to launch the Windows Media Player application. Now, verify whether the server execution failed problem got fixed or not.
Way 7: Regain the Folder Access Control Permission
If you change the System file setup, then it affects the Windows Media Folder also. Then, you need to gain full control of it to allow this app to access files under your administration.
Double-click on the This PC icon and launch the MyComputer window. Now, double-tap on the C (Local Drive) from the list of drives appeared on the screen. Now, Click on the Users folder under this drive and choose the folder entitled with your given Username.
Right-click on the folder and choose Properties from the pop-up menu. Click on the Security tab from the Properties window and hit the Advanced button to launch Advanced Security Settings window.
- Here, you need to change the owner key by clicking on the Owner label from the screen.
- Now, select the user account from the User or Group window appeared on the screen.
- Next, click on the Advanced button by typing the Username under the field where says, “Enter the object name to select”.
- After that, change the owner of the subfolders and files inside the root folder by clicking on the checkbox says, “Replace owner on subcontainers and objects” in the Advanced Security Settings window.
- Then, click on the OK button and apply for the newly settled ownership. Navigate back to the Security tab from the Properties window and hit the Add button to open the Permission Entry window.
- Choose your account from this window and click on the option says, “Select a principal”. Now, set the permission to Full Control and confirm it by tapping the OK button.
- Go to the Advanced Security Settings window and select the “Replace all existing inheritable permissions on all descendants with inheritable permissions from this object” option from that window.
- Finally, close the window and try to open the Media Player to resolve the “Windows Media Player Server Execution Failed” issue quickly.
Way 8: Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter
Windows Store app troubleshooter can fix the Windows Player related issues instantly. Moreover, it helps to keep your app free from possible web threats.
- Click on the Start button and launch the Start menu on the desktop window. After that, click on the Settings menu (gear icon) from the list.
- Now, tap on the Updates and Security from the Settings window and click on the Troubleshooter tab from the resultant window.
- Next, choose the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter option and run it successfully.
- After successful troubleshooting, you can see the affected area of the apps and it will start to repair immediately.
- Finally, reboot the system and verify whether the Server Execution got failed issue is still shown on the display or not.
The Bottom Line
In the above content, we have defined the effective solutions that help you to overcome the server execution failed issue. Moreover, it helps to fix the Media player issue permanently. Here, we have also discussed the possible symptoms behind this annoying issue.
Besides this, we have tried to discuss the significant issues responsible behind this, critical problem that warns you from its initial stage. So, we hope this article will be helpful to tackle this annoying situation quickly without any hassle.