Quick Heal is the best antivirus available in the market. To keep the data safe and secured from hackers, viruses, or malware, you have to update the antivirus application very often. Hence, while trying to update the quick Heal antivirus on our computer, often you may receive a notification, ‘Downloading update failed Error ID 1002, Please wait for some time and try again’. The common reason for this update error is the presence of malware or virus on the computer. Otherwise due to improper installation of the antivirus software on your computer, then you might face this issue on your computer. If you receive this error, then your computer might lag behind while working with the input instructions or may shut down several times. Also, the operating system of your computer might get corrupted. Therefore in this article, we are going to discuss how to solve the Quick Heal update error 1002.
Apparent Reasons for Quick Heal Update Error 1002
The apparent reasons for the Quick Heal update error 1002 are as follows:
- You might receive this error code on your computer due to malware or virus attacks on your computer.
- Also, you might receive this error code if the registry files get corrupted.
- In case, any file gets deleted from the computer, then you might face this issue on your computer.
- You might receive this error notification on your computer if the antivirus is not properly installed on your computer.
Basic Symptoms of Quick Heal Error 1002
The basic symptoms of Quick Heal update error 1002 are as follows:
- In case you receive this error on your computer, then your computer might fail to work.
- Also, due to the generation of this error code on your computer, the operating system might abruptly crash down.
- You might receive this error code several times on your computer screen.
- Sometimes due to this error code the notification, ‘Downloading update failed Error ID: 1002, Please Wait for Some time and try again. If the issue persists contact our customer support’ will get displayed on your computer.
- Your computer might report a lagging issue after the generation of this error code.
Unable to Update Quick Heal Error Code 1002? Follow Easy Steps
The possible way to resolve the quick Heal error code 1002 are as follows:
- Checking the entry registries and then, correcting them.
- Scanning the computer with an anti-malware or antivirus application.
- Upgrading PC drivers.
- You can use the Disk Cleanup Tool, to clear the junk files from the system.
- Deleting the antivirus and then, installing it again.
- Checking the system files, using the System File Checker.
- Downloading and installing recent Windows updates.
Now, we are going to discuss the steps to resolve the issue, in the next section.
Checking the Entry Registries and Correcting them
To check the entry registries and then, correct it, go through the steps:
- At first, press the ‘Windows’ key from the keyboard and then, in the search space type ‘command’.
- After that, from the keyboard, press and hold the ‘CTRL’ and the ‘Shift’ key and then, press the ‘Enter’ key.
- Then, to open the ‘Command Prompt, select ‘Yes’ when prompted’.
- Now, type the command ‘regedit’’ in the ‘Command Prompt’ and then, press the ‘Enter’ key to run the command.
- Next, select the files related to Quick Heal error from the ‘Registry Editor’.
- After that, from the menu ‘File’, select ‘Export’.
- Now, from the ‘Save In’ list, choose the folder in which you want to save the backup key of the antivirus.
- Then, check whether the option, ‘Selected Branch’ is selected in the ‘Export range’.
- After that, choose the option ‘Save’.
Scanning the Computer with Anti-Malware or Antivirus Application
One of the possible ways to resolve this issue on your computer is to run a malware or virus check, with the help of anti-malware or antivirus software. In case, there is a presence of any virus or malware, then it will get detected and then, remove the risky files.
Upgrading PC Drivers
To upgrade the drivers for your computer follow the steps:
- To select the ‘Settings’ on your computer, press the ‘Windows’ logo key and the letter ‘I’ from the keyboard.
- Next, choose the option ‘Update & Security’, from the ‘Settings’ window.
- After that, check for the available updates on your computer, select ‘Check for updates’.
- Now, before rebooting your computer, install the updates.
Use Disk CleanUp to Clear the Junk Files
Use the Disk Cleanup Utility to clear the junk files, follow the steps:
- To open the ‘Command Prompt’ on your computer, press the ‘Windows’ logo key and then, in the search bar type ‘command’ and then, press the Enter key.
- Now in the Command Prompt, type ‘cleanmgr’ and then, press the Enter key, from the keyboard.
- After that, the Disc Cleanup window appears on the computer screen. Choose the files which you want to remove from the computer.
- Once, you have selected the files, select the option ‘OK’ and then, select ‘Delete Files’ to delete the files from your computer.
- Finally, restart your computer and then, check if the issue is resolved or not.
Deleting the Quick Heal Antivirus and Re-Installing It
To delete the antivirus application and then, install the software again, follow the steps:
- Open the Command Prompt, at first, press the ‘Windows’ key, from the keyboard and then, select the appropriate option.
- Now, choose the option ‘Uninstall a Program’, which is located below ‘Programs’ from the ‘Control Panel’.
- Then, from the list of programs, select ‘Quick Heal Antivirus’ and then, select ‘Uninstall’.
- After that, follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
- Finally, download the Quick Heal antivirus program from its official website and then, install it by following the proper steps.
Checking System Files using System File Checker
To check the system files by using the System File Checker follow the steps:
- To open the ‘Command Prompt(Admin)’ press the ‘Windows’ key and the letter ‘X’, from the keyboard.
- After that, from the list, select the option ‘Command Prompt(Admin)’.
- Then, type ‘cleanmgr’ in the Command Prompt and from the keyboard hit the Enter key.
- Now, the process of cleaning the system junk files will start.
- After that, put a tick mark in all the required boxes and select ‘OK’ to delete the files.
Downloading and Installing Windows Updates
Follow the steps to download and install the Windows Updates on your computer:
- At first, open the ‘Update’ window on your computer, select the ‘Windows’ logo and then, type ‘Update’ in the search panel and then, press the ‘Enter’ key from the keyboard.
- Next, to install the updates, select the option ‘Install Updates’.
- Now, the updates will get downloaded on your computer.
- Once, the updates are downloaded, then install them, appropriately to resolve the issue.
Thus, by following the above-mentioned steps, you can resolve the Quick Heal update error 1002. You can post your queries in the feedback section below.