The PS4 controller is a wireless controller which is used to connect to the PlayStation console. You can connect it with several outputs, including the console itself, a laptop, or a wall-mounted charger. The PS4 controller cannot load correctly when the cable is plugged in and there are no flashing lights. Also, the PS4 behaves as if nothing has happened. This problem might also occur when you have not connected the charger properly with the controller. Many users have reported that the PS4 controller won’t charge and they fail to play the game. Thus, they want to solve this issue immediately. If you also coming across this issue and want to resolve this, then this guide will help you.
But before going into the solving process, you should learn what are the causes responsible for this issue. Then, you must be aware of the solving process for the PS4 controller won’t charge or turn on issue on the device.
Causes for PS4 Controller Won’t Charge Problem:
We have listed some of the common causes behind the occurrence of the PS4 controller won’t charge issue.
- The PS4 controller may be in an error condition which can cause the loading mechanism to be unusable.
- You can see this error message when the charging cable that you are using may not supply power to the controller. This often happens when your smartphone’s charging cable breaks.
- This issue happens if the charging port is broken.
- The battery on your console maybe dead. Every battery has a limit and a lifetime. If you haven’t replaced the battery, then this can be a problem too.
Now, you have to fix it as early as possible. We are going to discuss some easy and different solving processes for this particular problem.
Probable Solutions to Get Rid of PS4 Controller Won’t Charge Problem:
Before we start with the solving process, make sure that the PS4 controller is fully functional and not damaged. In this section, we are going to explain the solving process so that you can apply that to your controller to fix the PS4 controller won’t charge problem.
Solution 1 # Reset the PS4 Controller
If your PS4 controller is not charging, then it is caused by a non-functioning controller. Before we start disrupting the cables and batteries, we will suggest you reset the PS4 controller to factory settings. Each PS4 controller has stored configuration and settings that are usually in accordance with the player’s preferences. So, you have to reset the PS4 controller. To reset this, follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, you need to disconnect the controller from the charging port or console.
- After disconnecting this, you can take a small pin and then you need to hold and press the Reset button to switch on the controller.
- Next, you can wait for a few seconds and then release the pin.
- Once these steps are completed, you can check whether the problem still persists or not.
Solution 2 # Power Cycling the PS4
This is one of the easiest processes to fix the PS4 controller won’t charge issue. The PS4 console might also get damaged and can cause the PS4 controller doesn’t load. In the Power cycle, the console is completely rebooted, deleting all temporary configurations. Follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, you have to switch off the PS4 controller and console.
- After switching off this, you can disconnect the main power supply wire from the power board of the console. Then, you can wait for around 4 to 10 minutes.
- Next, you can hold and press the PS4 Power button for at least 35 seconds when all the energy is drained.
- After doing this, you need to connect the wire again and then switch on the console and controller.
Solution 3 # Check the Charging Cable
You can see that the PS4 controller won’t charge with a USB cable on the device. Sometimes, this issue appears when the charging cable is damaged. So, you have to use another charging USB cable and then check if the wire works perfectly without any problem.
Solution 4 # Check the PS4 Charging Port
If you are trying to load the controller directly from your console, you can try launching it from another port, such as via the smartphone or laptop charging adapter. There are many cases where the PS4 console charging port does not function properly and causes problems. If you can load the controller from a different load source, there might be a problem with the charging port on the console. So, you have to replace it and then fix the PS4 controller won’t charge problem.
Solution 5 # Replace the Battery
If the above-mentioned processes do not help you to fix this problem, then you can try this solving process to get rid of this error. If you use the PS4 controller for a long time, the controller battery might lose power and turn off due to being charged. So, you need to replace it with the new PS4 battery and then check if the issue is eliminated or not.
We hope that now you will get all the information on how to eliminate the PS4 controller won’t charge issue. Follow these solving processes one by one and do these on the device to fix this problem. If your PS4 controller is physically damaged, we recommend performing a check or else you can also take it to a nearby service center.