Printer fuser error is a time-out error that occurs because the printer fuser does not warm up as expected. Fuser may get worn out during the lifespan of the printer. It can last up to a certain time period depending on the printing conditions, heavy paper jams and the quality of the fuser. Printer fuser error indicates that the printer fuser is faulty or wrong model of fuser installed on it. Hence, you will need to replace it several times. Otherwise, several issues such as printer fuser error can occur. As a result, the printer will stop printing.
Methods To Fix A Fuser Error On Printer
We are mentioning below the convenient ways of solving this issue.
Reset The Printer
- Press the power button to turn off the printer and unplug the power cable from the printer.
- Turn on the printer again after 30 seconds and connect it to a power socket.
- Now take a print test and if you come across printer fuser error again, then go to the next method.
Connect The Printer To The Wall Socket And Reset It
- Turn off the printer, remove the power cord and wait for about 25 minutes.
- Then plug back the power cord and connect the printer to the power socket.
- Turn on the printer and make a print test to fix the issue.
Update The Printer Driver
- Open Device Manager, expand ‘Network Adapters’ and select the device.
- Right-click on it and select ‘Update Driver.’
- Now, click on ‘Search automatically for the updated driver software’ option.
- Windows starts searching for an updated driver and if it finds a compatible driver, then install it on your PC.
- Now if the printer is able to print correctly, then this problem was occurring due to an outdated printer driver.
Remove The Paper Jam
Power off the printer and let it cool down. Then open the left side access door and remove the fuser unit. Now check for any jammed sheets in the fuser unit and if you observe that a paper is stuck, then remove it gently. Then put back the fuser in its place and restart the printer.
Use Command Prompt To Remove Tasks From The Printing Queue
If you have assigned the printer a large number of documents to print, then the fuser error may arise. So stop the printing tasks which have not been completed yet to check whether it fixes the issue or not.
- Type Command Prompt in the search filed of Windows and press ‘Enter.’
- Then right-click on Command Prompt and select ‘Run as Administrator.’
- Enter ‘net stop spooler’ in the elevated Command Prompt and launch File Explorer.
- Type ‘C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Printers’ command in the File Explorer window and hit the ‘Enter’ key.
- Drag the mouse cursor to highlight the files in the printing queue.
- Right-click on the selected files and click on the ‘Delete’ button.
- Go back to the Command Prompt, type ‘net start spooler’ and press ‘Enter’ to restart the print spooler.
Remove A Print Job With Services
- Right-click on the ‘Start’ icon and ‘Run’ dialog box.
- Type ‘services.msc’ in it and press ‘Enter’ to open the Services window.
- Then Right-click on Print Spooler and select ‘Stop.’
- Navigate to the printer’s directory, select all the pending tasks and tap the ‘Delete’ button.
- Open the File Explorer from the ‘Start’ menu, taskbar or the Desktop.
- Type ‘C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Printers’ in the address bar and press ‘Enter.’
- Highlight on the specified files, right-click on them and select ‘Delete.’
- Return to the Services window, right-click on ‘Print Spooler Serviec’ and tap on the ‘Start’ button.
- Since the fuser error may occur due to an older version of BIOS, install it to its latest version.
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu, type ‘ms info’ in the search box and press ‘Enter.’
- Select ‘System Information’ to know the model name and BIOS version of the computer.
- Enter the computer’s manufacturer name, its model number, and BIOS and search for the manufacturer’s website on the internet.
- Click on ‘Update’, and select ‘BIOS Update File.’
- Then, click on the ‘Download’ link to update the BIOS and restart the PC once the update is completed.
If none of the solutions discussed in the article can fix the printer fuser error, then the printer fuser might require to be replaced.