Nowadays, the users are complaining about an issue regarding Print Spooler Service not running. This is undoubtedly one of the most commonly occurring issues in Windows 10. This particular issue occurs while the users are going to install a printer.
An error message of “Operation could not be completed” constantly showing up on the display and won’t let you work properly with your device.
When the Spooler Service stops working, it restricts the printer to print documents and as well as your system won’t detect it either.
Due to many reasons, users might encounter this problem. If the printer’s drivers are outdated, then it is fairly possible that you face this problem on your device. Apart from that, if you are connected with a poor internet connection, then the Spooler service stops working as well.
Have a look at the amazing methods that are described below in order to fix the issue at the earliest possible. All the methods are not applicable to your case, so be careful while executing them.
Efficacious Ways to Resolve Local Print Spooler Service is not Running Issue:
Here, in this section, we have discussed the reliable methods that can be helpful for you to solve the issue on your own. But, you should know about the problem at first. It will help you to get rid of the issue quickly.
Trick 1: Restart Print Spooler Service
When the spooler service stops working or shows some error, then the first thing that you should do is to restart the service and check if the problem has gone or not.
If the steps of restarting are unknown to you, then follow the instructions given below.
- At first, you need to navigate to the Search box and type services.msc in the box.
- It will help you to launch the Services tab.
- From the list, you need to find the Print Spooler service.
- Now, you need to right-click on it and move to the Restart option.
- This command will reboot the Print Spooler service automatically and get back to its working state.
But, if this method does not work, then follow the next one.
Trick 2: Review all the Dependencies that are Running Currently
The Print Spooler Service requires some more services for performing its functions. In case, if these services are stopped, then Print Spooler also ceases working as well.
To do the same, at first, navigate to the Services and locate the Print Spooler. After that, right-tap on Print Spooler service and move to choose the Properties icon.
Now, it’s time to select the Dependencies tab. Here, you have to find the services that are needed to run the Print Spooler service in Windows 10.
Thereafter, search through Services and be sure that all the “Dependencies” are running.
At last, check if you are able to avoid the problem or not.
Trick 3: Uninstall Additional Printers
In case, your device has more than one printer on your device, then it might create interference with each other. At such instances, you need to uninstall all printers so that you can work with your computer without any issue.
- First, you have to navigate to the Search icon and then type devicemngr in the box.
- After that, launch the Device Manager.
- Now, it’s time to find the printer you want to remove from your device.
- Just right-click on it and move to choose the Uninstall device.
Finally, go through the instructions that are shown on the screen. Reboot your device and check if the issue is still showing up.
Trick 4: Review Spooling Feature
If the error is not solved yet, then follow this one and check if this method is workable for you or not. First, tap on the Windows and the R key altogether to launch the Run dialog box. After that, type “services.msc” in the box and press Enter. It will help you to start the Services window.
After that, double-click on the Print Spooler for checking the spooling status of the printer that you are using now. Here, you will get a list of options that are installed in your system.
Next, make sure that the Startup type is set to Automatic as well as the service status is enabled or running.
In contrary to this, you can also disable the bar into the Automatic state and verify this method by clicking on the OK from the resultant dialog box.
Restart the printer and check whether you are still getting the same problem.
Trick 5: Update the Printer Drivers
If the printer drivers are outdated, then you can find that the local Print Spooler Service is not running and you can print the documents as well. In such a case, you need to install the latest version of the software.
- The first and foremost thing you should do is to navigate to the Search and type devicemngr in it.
- After that, start the Device Manager and find the printer name you want to remove.
- Next, right-tap on it and choose the Update driver option.
- Keep waiting while the wizard is looking for new drivers.
- Once completed, go through the instructions displayed on the screen.
- Lastly, reboot your device and check whether the same issue gets resolved.
Trick 6: Turn Off the “Allow Service to Interact with Desktop” Feature
If the issue is still not solved even after executing the above four methods, then have a look at this one. Finally, it’s time to disable the “Allow service to interact with desktop” option from your device.
We hope that by applying this solution, you will definitely fix the problem at the earliest possible.
- First of all, locate to Search pane and there you must type services.msc in the search box.
- After that, start the Services window and navigate to Print Spooler service.
- Then, right-tap on this option and select Properties option by clicking on it.
- When you see the Properties window on the screen, then move to Log on the tab.
- At the last method, go to the “Allow service to interact with desktop” icon to turn it off.
Trick 7: Reset Internet
When all the methods failed to eliminate the Print Spooler Service not running Windows 10 issue from your device, then this is the last method that you can follow.
At first, you should move to the Search option and type the Internet options. After that, choose the Internet Options from the list of results.
Now, navigate to the Advanced tab and tap on the Reset button. At the final step, choose the Reset button once more to confirm the process.
In the above context, we already stated some methods which will help you to fix the “Print Spooler Service not running” issue immediately.
Not only that this method can help you to boost up the performance of your system. Also, avoid the printing hazard at the time you are going to print any documents.
For those reasons, we hope that this entire context will be enough to solve the issue on your own.
But, by chance, if you are still in trouble, then we advise you to contact experts for more assistance. You can also leave your valuable feedback in the comment box below.