When you try to install Python, you often get stuck with the unexpected error message saying “PiP is not recognized”. Moreover, you can encounter this kind of issue at the time of installing the Python from the Command Prompt window. The problem still occurs after using the Python distribution process with a correct PATH. Therefore, you won’t be able to use Python without resolving this annoying problem. Here, we are going to talk about effective ways to tackle this critical problem immediately.
Significant Reasons Behind “PiP is not Recognized as an Internal or External Command”
Some of the common factors trigger the “PiP is not recognized” problems very often. So, let’s know the exact reasons behind this annoying issue. It will help you to avoid it from the primary stage of the problem.
- If the PiP is not included with the Python programming language, then you can see the “PiP not recognized as an internal or external command” issue.
- Misplacement of the semicolon or other additional space before the PATH causes this PiP recognition faults.
Resolve the PiP is not Recognized Issue with Easy Ways
There are some of the effective ways that will fix the “PiP is not recognized” issue immediately. Moreover, it helps to enhance Python’s performance as well as the PiP-associated problems effectively. Here, we are going to talk about the ways to fix the problem. So, you can try out the following steps.
Method 1: Verify the PiP Path
You must verify whether the PiP installation is perfect for the PATH variables or not. You may try out the simple steps to perform it.
- Press the Windows key from the keyboard and type “cmd” in the search box to locate the Command Prompt.
- Right-click on the Command Prompt and choose Run as Administrator option from the pop-up menu. Verify the account by entering the correct User ID and password.
- After opening the Command Prompt window in Admin mode, type “echo %PATH%” and run it by pressing Enter. You will get a list of the paths available for Python.
- Next, manage a path similar to the C:\Python37/Scripts and verify whether they are attached with your device PATH variable.
Method 2: Add PIP to the Path Environment Variable in GUI Environment
You can include the PIP file in the Path environment via the GUI interface. To do so, you can use these steps to overcome PiP is not recognized:
- First, press Windows and R keys from the keyboard and launch the Run dialog box.
- Type “sysdm.cpl” in the dialog box and press the Enter key from the keyboard to open the System Properties window.
- Click on the Advanced tab from the System Properties window and click on the Environment variables under the Advanced tab.
- Then, click on the Path from the Environment variables screen and tap on the Edit button under the System variables list.
- From the Edit variable screen, click on the New and include the PATH where the PIP file is installed. By default, you will find that file by following path C:\Python34\Scripts.
- After adding the correct Path, type “cmd” in the search box and launch a Command Prompt window.
- Finally, try to install the Python package with the latest version that is compatible with your system.
- Once done, try to run the PIP file and check whether the error message “PIP is not recognized as an internal or external command” appears or not.
Method 3: Include the Path Variable Via Command Prompt
- Press the Windows key from the keyboard and type “cmd” in the search box. Open a Command Prompt window by hitting the Enter key.
- Now, type “set x PATH “%PATH%;C:\Python37\Scripts” and press the Enter key from the keyboard to run this command.
- This command will take a few minutes to complete the Python package installation program. Then, close the Command Prompt window by entering the command “Exit”.
- Finally, try to run Python and verify whether the same problem still persists or not.
Method 4: Install Python via Executable Installer
By using the executable installer, you can install Python easily without encountering any issue. So, you might try out the following method to resolve Python-related issues effectively.
- Type “appwiz.cpl” in the Cortana search box and hot the Enter key from the keyboard to launch the Programs and Features window.
- Locate the Python installation by scrolling down the programs list and right-click on it. Choose Uninstall from the pop-up menu that appeared on the screen.
- Then, follow the wizard screen instructions and finish the Python removal program and download the latest Python executable installer according to the OS architecture.
- After that, launch the executable file and make sure that you can run the Python commands in the Command Prompt window.
- Now, click on Customize Installation and open the Optional Features. Make sure that you have selected PIP checkbox. Then, click on the Next button and leave this section by pressing the Install button.
- Once the installation process is done, then reboot the PC and try to check whether the problem got fixed or not.
- If the issue still occurs, then try to re-install the Python package via the CMD window. Run the following command “python -m ensurepip –default-pip” and resolve the “PIP is not recognized” issue as soon as possible.
Method 5: Ensure that the PiP included in your Python Installation Program
If you want to add the Python installation program to the PiP program, then you can use the process below and fix the PIP is not recognized issue.
- Type “appwiz.cpl” in the search box and launch the Programs and Features window by pressing the Enter key on the keyboard.
- Click on the Python Installation program from that list and right-click on it. Select the Change option from the pop-up and click on the Modify from the Modify Setup screen.
- Next, click on the PiP named checkbox from the Optional Features screen and tap on the Next button. The installation process will start immediately after hitting the Install button and it will take several minutes to complete the entire process.
- After a successful installation, open a Command Prompt window. Finally, verify whether you can able to install a Python package with PiP or not.
Method 6: Launch Python Without Adding the PiP Variable
You can launch Python without including the Python installer variable by avoiding any flaws.
- First, type “cmd” in the Cortana search box and locate the Command Prompt application from the Start menu.
- After that, right-click on this program and choose Run as Administrator from the pop-up menu that appeared on the screen. Verify the Administrator Account by entering the correct User ID and password.
- After opening the Command Prompt in Admin mode, type “python -m pip install [package name]”. You can replace the package name by using your installed Python package name. You can run this command and wait until Python is launched on the screen. Now, check whether the Python is running properly or not.
In this article, we have defined the effective steps to overcome the PIP is not recognized issue quickly. We have tried to analyze the possible symptoms of this problem. So, we hope this content will be helpful to tackle this critical issue permanently.