Outlook has always been in the list of top brands for providing amazing email services. However, despite its unmatched services and features some errors are bound to occur. And one of the major issues that Outlook users are facing these days is Outlook not sending emails. This error is quite annoying as the email that you have written for sending to the recipient stays back in the Outbox.
Hence, the best measure is to identify the exact causes and then remove it with trusted solutions. In case, you are not aware of the causes and solutions, go through this article. Here, we are going to discuss and provide the best solutions to resolve the error with the utmost care.
Reasons Behind Outlook 2016 not Sending Emails Error:
Unfortunately, there are a number of reasons that are responsible for this error to occur. That is why knowing the reasons that can restrict Outlook from sending emails is essential and then proceed with the solution part.
- In case, you are sending a huge attachment then it can slow down or halt the sending process.
- If you send an email using Comcast account which contains a different outgoing server.
- At times, when you view the Outbox and the add-ins marks the item as read.
- If you have recently changed the Account password.
- In case, your Account is not authenticated accurately with the mail server.
- When your Outlook server is offline.
- If you have no default email account with your Outlook.
- If the sending and receiving settings are not appropriate.
- While sending an outgoing email if any Antivirus software scans it.
By now, hopefully, you are able to identify the exact cause of the error. Now, let’s get into the solution part.
Try out the Trusted Solutions to Fix Outlook 2016 not Sending Emails Issue:
If you are not a tech-savvy person, it becomes difficult for you to resolve the problem on your own. Hence, the solutions mentioned below will surely help you resolve the error if implemented properly. Hence, perform exact steps as stated below in the methods.
Method 1: Ensure that the Servers are Online
The first method that you can try out is to check the state of a mail server. Your email might be retained in the Outbox folder, in case, the mail server is offline. So, check the state of your mail server quickly. To do that, locate the lower-right hand corner of your Outlook window. If it displays “connected”, then the server status is not the reason behind this error to occur.
And if it displays “Working Offline”, go to the Send / Receive tab and select the Work Offline button to disable it. Post that action, the command opens the email and sends it once again to ensure that the problem is resolved or not.
Method 2: Resend the Email Message
At times, resending the email message again is also an effective step that you can try out. Therefore, quickly check whether the email was sent properly or not. Hence, open the email and again try to re-send it manually. This can be done by locating the Outlook folder and then clicking on the Send button again.
Method 3: Check the Connection
Another effective step is to ensure that your internet connection is working properly. As this may also result in not sending your emails. Hence, follow the step-by-step guide given below.
- At first, go to the lower-right corner of the Outlook window. In case, it shows Disconnected, Trying to connect, Working Offline, then proceed to the next point.
- On the ribbon, click the Send/Receive tab.
- Next, in the Preferences group, click on the Work Offline option.
- In the lower-right corner of the window, you should be able to see “Connected to Server”.
- In the “Send & Receive” group, select the Send/Receive All Folders option.
- Now, check whether the message still in the outbox or in the sent folder.
Method 4: Delete Large Attachments
There are email providers that provide certain limitations for the maximum size of attachments. This indicates that if you send large attachments of videos, pictures, with your emails, it can restrict you from sending it. Moreover, if you have a poor internet connection, then the large files might take too much time to be sent to the receiver.
So, if you have at least one email which contains an attachment, then delete it and again try sending it without any attachment.
Method 5: Sync the Password
In case, you have recently changed your email password, then it is essential to change it in your Outlook. Hence, follow the steps that are given below:
- Click on the File option.
- By clicking on the Account Settings select the Account Settings from the drop-down list that appears.
- Tap on the Email tab.
- Select your email account and click on the Change option.
- In the Password box, enter your updated password.
- Click Next and then select the close option.
- Select the Finish button.
- In the upper-left corner of the Outlook window, click on the Send/Receive All Folders button.
Method 6: Check if the Antivirus Scans the Outgoing Emails
If any virus is found in your outgoing emails, then this might prevent the emails from being sent the Outbox until you clean the virus. And as these conflicts can create major problems. Hence, try to deactivate the scan processor resend the email again once the scanning process is done.
The above-mentioned methods are proven and trusted. Hence, apply them accurately to get the most fruitful results. But in case after performing the methods, still, your Outlook not sending emails, then it is better to opt for professional help.