Outlook is an email account that is developed by Microsoft. However, it fetches certain technical errors. One of the most common drawbacks is Outlook error code 20.
A lot of users complain that when they are trying to send an email via Outlook account, they get this error code 20 on their device. Once this error generates, they can not do anything with their Outlook account. Simply, this error blocks your account.
Well, if you ever face this issue on your device, then don’t panic. This article will describe each and every cause and appropriate solutions in detail.
Causes Of Outlook Error Code 20
While downloading, if any corrupt file is mistakenly downloaded, then you may face this error. In case you have not updated your Operating System for a very long time, then this can be a possible reason for the generation of this error code.
In case, your system is affected by any kind of malware or virus, then also your Outlook account can be blocked. Sometimes, if by chance you delete some important files related to Microsoft, the result will lead to this error code.
These are some common causes for the generation of this error. Now, it is also important that you should identify the symptoms if this error pops up on your device so that you can take necessary precautions.
When the error code 20 appears on your device then, it will block your Outlook account. All the activated programme will be stopped. Outlook error code 20 will be displayed on the screen.
Your computer continuously freezes for a long time.
If you really want to know the procedure to get rid of this troublemaking error, go through the solutions below:
Solutions That Can Help You To Resolve Outlook Error Code 20
Here are a few solutions to resolve the issue. Check out:
Update Your OS
If you use an Outdated Operating System, then this error issue may irritate you a lot. In your case, if this is the reason, then we suggest updating your Operating System first before going to the next step. So at, first, you should visit the homepage of your usable OS, then search for the version which one is best suitable for your device. Once you have found it, then click on that and read the online instructions very carefully. After that tap on the Apply button.
Keep in mind, that during the updating process, you should not touch any other key as it may slow the process.
Finally, restart your device and check if any change has taken place. If not, then go for the next one.
Turn Off The Firewalls
Windows and the third party software may block your Outlook account. In short, a firewall blocking can create the error code 20. In such a case, you have to turn off those firewalls that generate this error. Here are some steps which will assist you to disable the firewalls. Have a look:
- In the beginning, you need to go to the Control tab.
- Within the Control Panel, you have to search for the Windows Firewall options and open the control panel.
- Now tap on the Turn Windows Firewall to turn it on to open more settings.
- In the next page, click on the Turn off Windows Firewall option and hit the Enter button
- After that, restart your device and if the issue is resolved, then tap on the Change settings options. Scroll down below until you find the Outlook option in the available list
- If the dialog box located beside the Outlook options is not selected, then click on that
- After that tap on the Turn on Windows Firewall option, and finally hit the OK button.
If this method does not work for you, then you don’t need to panic. There are other alternative solutions as well.
Scan Your Device
A lot of users claim that they deal with this error code 20 quite often, but once they scan their device they do not find any error while they access their account. So it is also a good option and you should go with it. During the scanning procedure if your device detects any threat, then it will be deleted or removed automatically. Sometimes your machine sends you an indication that you need to remove these files or drivers. Again restart your computer and if the error issue persists.
Open Your Outlook Account Without Ads
Sometimes your Outlook account can be blocked due to the ads that you have installed on your device. So you need to remove those Ads. To do this, at first you need to open your Outlook in the Safe mode. Keep in mind you will not allow bringing back your device in the normal mode until the error is resolved. After your Outlook is opened in the Safe mode, then try the below mentioned steps;
- Firstly, ensure that the error message of your Outlook account is closed
- After that, you have to open a Run window and for that type Outlook in the search field
- Now tap on the File tab button and go to the Options.
- Then, click on the Ads option to expand the full list. Next, select the Manage options, then select the COM Add-ins from the given list
- Take a screenshot of the ads and before bringing your device to the normal mode you should save the screenshot to somewhere in the desktop
- You should clear each of the selected checkboxes and after that hit the OK button
- Close your Outlook account and open your device in the normal mode. If the issue is resolved, then go to the Ads in and enable it again
You are still dealing with the error? Don’t worry, look at the below process.
Update Your Outlook Account
Sometimes outdated OS may block your Outlook account. Occasionally, it can also occur if you do not upgrade your Outlook account for more than one month. Then it is quite possible for the error to occur. In that case, you have to go to the Play store and after that commend Outlook in the searching field. After seeing the Outlook you should click on that and search for the best-recommended version for you. Once you have done this, press the Enter button after following the online instructions.
You should wait for the completion of the process and again restart your Android device to check if any change is made or not.
Log Out & Again Log In To Your Outlook Account
This is also a good option to get rid of from the Outlook error code 20. If you have already logged in to your Outlook account, then firstly, you should log out from your Outlook account and after 10 minutes log in again. Restart your computer. Now the error should not frustrate you anymore.
In the above passage, you will a complete idea about the Outlook error. We have also provided some unique troubleshooting technique so that you can easily overcome this issue. Read the above-mentioned techniques very carefully and then apply those solutions one by one. Let us know your feedback.