Outlook is the best email service provider developed by Microsoft. Despite the fact that the Outlook application has so many different features, even then you can face many errors. One such kind of error that you can face is the Outlook emails stuck in outbox. In the next section, you will get the reasons behind the occurrence of this issue.
Why Does This Error Occur?
This section will provide you with the details on the occurrence of Outlook emails stuck in outbox error. Basically, this error means that the email messages are either not sent, or received by the receiver.
- When the email that you are going to send has an attachment, whose size is more than the limit, then you may face this error.
- If the mode of the Outlook application is set to ‘Work Offline’, then there is a possibility to get this error.
- Due to a technical error also, you might encounter the Outlook emails stuck in outbox glitch.
- If you alter the password of the email account or enter a wrong password even then you can get this error.
- When there is an email that is waiting to be sent, but during that time you are looking at that message, then there is a chance for you to face this issue.
- Sometimes due to scanning of an outgoing email by your antivirus software, you can even get this glitch.
How To Solve Outlook Emails Stuck In Outbox Error?
In this section of the article, you will get various kinds of solutions that will certainly help you to resolve the error emails stuck in outbox Outlook 2016.
General Steps To Resolve This Glitch
- If you get this glitch during the sending and receiving operation then the problem is in the communication between the application and the outgoing server.
- Do a thorough examination of the outgoing mail server and see if the ISP blocks the port number or not.
- Inspect the email service provider and be sure that the settings of the mail server are up to date or not. You have to do this since the configuration settings and the port numbers can be altered by those service providers.
- Always look for the daily limit sending quota that is provided by your email service provider. Be sure that this quota does not exceed its limit.
- Inspect the connectivity of your internet. If there is a slow connection then you might not able to send any emails that have big attachments with it.
- Do check if there delay in sending is active or not. This setting can trigger this error.
- You can attempt to resend all the emails that are stuck in your outbox by pressing the ‘Send All’ button.
- At last, check the status of your Outlook application, and see if it is online or not. If you see a message ‘Disconnected’ or ‘Trying to connect’ on the status bar, then it is possible that you cannot be able to send any emails from Outlook.
If you cannot solve this error even after trying the general steps that are stated above then go to the next step below.
Examine The Server Status
If the mail server you use is offline somehow then inevitably you will get the error Outlook emails stuck in outbox. In order to rectify this problem, the only solution is to inspect the status of your mail server. This status message is present on the bottom-right edge of the Outlook window. The message that you get when there is a connection with the server is ‘Status: Connected’. If there is no connection with the server then inspect your internet connection. If required, reboot the router and modem then you can get back your internet connection. Now, if there is internet connectivity but even then there is no connection with your mail server, then the issue is with the server itself.
Remove Email That Is Stuck
If there are any emails that might have got corrupted somehow or any messages that have attachments that exceed the size limit of the server then remove them. Even you can put those files to the cloud storage and from the cloud try to send those files. In order to remove the emails that are stuck in the outbox of Outlook, follow the points below.
- Launch the application Outlook on the computer.
- Then, within it chose the tab ‘Send/Receive’.
- After that, to restrict Outlook from attempting to send every email, choose ‘Work Offline’. Now, choose the folder Outbox.
- Relocate all the emails to the folder ‘Drafts’. After that, you can right-click on those emails in that folder and choose ‘Delete’ option to remove them. Even you can open any big emails, then resize, remove those messages for the application. Also, before you resend any of those big emails, you can attach any attachment once again.
- Finally, choose the tab ‘Send/Receive’ and after that, choose the ‘Work Offline’ once again to deselect it. This only starts the connection once again.
Alter The Password
If the password of your email account does not match the password on your Outlook account then there is a chance for you to encounter this error. The solution to solve this glitch is to alter the password of both your email and Outlook accounts together.
To alter the password of your Outlook account, follow the below points:
- Launch your Outlook Application.
- From the menu bar, choose the option ‘File’. Now, from the list of options, tap on the ‘Account Settings’.
- Next, mark the account whose password you wish to alter. After that, hit the button ‘Change’.
- Input the new password. Then, tap on the button ‘Next’.
- Finally, hit the ‘Finish’ button to end the task.
Wrap Up Note
Try to follow all the steps that are present in the previous section, in order to rectify the emails stuck in outbox Outlook 2016. If you cannot do it even after following minutely then post your query without any hesitation.