When the no route error comes up on Discord, then the users are unable to join the voice channels. This error places itself on similar categories of issues like the ‘ICE Checking’ and ‘Stuck RTC Connecting’.
There can be several causes for the occurrence of this problem. For example, if your security software blocks the access of the voice channels on the Discord, then you can encounter this issue.
If the DNS server addresses are not correctly configured, then also there is a possibility for you to encounter this problem. Also, if the DNS cache memory gets full, then this glitch can crop up.
Further, if the settings of the Discord are not set correctly, then you might meet with this problem.
Moreover, if the voice region of the Discord server is not set in a proper manner, then also this problem can show up.
Ways to Rectify The Discord No Route Problem
In this section of the article, we will discuss various methods that will help you to easily and effectively correct the no-route issue on Discord.
Way 1: Clear the DNS Cache Memory
If the DNS cache memory is full, then due to that reason, there is a possibility for you to face this problem. Now, the best way to get rid of this problem is to delete data within the DNS cache memory.
Here are the step that you can follow.
- First, tap on both the keys ‘Windows + R’ keys together. This will launch a new dialog box called ‘Run’, on the left bottom edge of the screen.
- Next, on that dialog box, write the text “command prompt” on the empty space beside the label ‘Open:’. Then, click on the button ‘OK’.
- As soon as you do that, a new window with the name ‘Command Prompt’ having a black background and white text will come up.
- Now, on that window, type the following commands one after the other – “ipconfig /release”, “ipconfig /flushdns”, “ipconfig /renew”. Next, press the ‘Enter’ key after each of those commands.
- Once all the execution of all the commands is over, close the ‘Command Prompt’ window.
- At last, reboot the computer and then launch the Discord website to see whether this problem is present or not.
Way 2: Alter the DNS Server Addresses
You can encounter the RTC connecting no route error on the Discord application if the network gets blocked by the administrator of your institution or office. But, the easiest solution to prevent this issue from ever occurring is to change the DNS server addresses.
Follow the steps below in order to do it in the correct way.
- First, find and then click the ‘Cortana’ logo on the taskbar. This action will launch the ‘Windows Search’ section. Now, within that section, write the text ‘control panel’.
- Next, from the output of that search, choose the ‘Control Panel’ option. Now, a new window with the name ‘Control Panel’ will come up.
- Within that window, there will be various computer settings categories that you can alter at your will. Now, out of those settings categories, choose the one that says ‘Network and Internet.
- Now, a new page within this window that has the name ‘Network and Internet’ will come up. Choose the ‘Network and Sharing Center’ option from there.
- Another page will come up, in it, navigate to the ‘View your active networks’ section. Within that section, go to the right side and tap on the active network link present beside the ‘Connections:’ label
- As soon as you click on that link, a new ‘Wireless Network Connection Status’ dialog box will pop up. Inside that dialog box, under the ‘Activity’ section, click on the ‘Properties’ button.
- When a new ‘Wi-Fi or Ethernet Properties’ window comes up, tap on the ‘Networking’ tab. Under that tab, from the list, choose the ‘Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP /IPv4) option. Next, below that list, choose the ‘Properties’ button.
- A new ‘Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP /IPv4) Properties’ window will pop open. Inside this window, go the lower section and then select the ‘Use the following DNS address automatically’ radio button.
- Then, on the fields ‘Prefrerred DNS server:, ‘Alternate DNS server:’ enter the addresses as follows ‘220.127.116.11’ and ‘18.104.22.168’ respectively. To save the changes hit the ‘OK’ button.
- Lastly, quit all the windows that are open and then restart the computer.
Way 3: Change the Settings of Discord Application or Website
If the settings of the Discord website or application are not set in the correct way, then you might face this glitch. The best solution to easily get rid of this problem is to alter the Discord settings properly.
In order to do that, follow the steps beneath.
- First, locate the Discord application icon on the desktop and double-click on it to launch the same.
- Inside the Discord application window, navigate to the lower left edge and then, tap on the ‘Gear’ icon. This action opens the ‘Settings’ page.
- Now, on that page, move down a little, then locate and choose the ‘App Settings’ option.
- After that, from the menu within that page, choose the ‘App Settings’ option. Next, from the new page that comes up, go the bottom and locate the ‘Quality of Service’ section.
- Under this section, find the ‘Enable Quality of Service High Packet Priority’ option and then slide the toggle button to left, so that it gets deactivated.
- Now, close the Discord application then start the computer once again and inspect if this error comes up or not when you attempt to use the voice channels.
Way 4: Remove Your Security Software
Sometimes, due to some interference between Discord and the security software you are using, you might encounter the Discord no route issue. The best answer to eradicate this issue is to delete the software from the machine.
The steps on how to remove your security software from the computer are as mentioned below.
- First, tap on the combination of keys ‘Windows + I’ to launch the ‘Settings’ application of the Windows Operating System.
- As soon as you do that, a new window with the heading ‘Windows Settings’ will come up. Within that window, there are several settings categories for the Windows OS that you can alter at your will.
- Now, out of all those categories, choose the one that says ‘Apps’. Now, a new page within this window will pop up, with the heading ‘Apps & Features’.
- Inside that page, scroll down a little until you see a list of applications installed within the system. Next, from that list, locate and then select the security software that you wish to remove.
- After that, go to the bottom left corner of the chosen option and then select the ‘Uninstall’ button. When you get a confirmation prompt, select the ‘Uninstall’ button.
- This action will start the removal process of your security software from the computer and it will take some time to complete.
- Once the removal process gets over, reboot the system. Next, open the Discord application and check to see if this error is still present or not.
Way 5: Alter the Voice Region of the Server
If you encounter the Discord no route error while trying to communicate with a person who stays in a different country, then, the possible reason for that can be the server with a different region of voice than one which is present in the country where you stay.
Now, the one and only solution to resolve this issue is to contact the server admin and then alter and set to a different voice region. So that, there can be easy communication between a server in your country and the one in the other person’s country.
The admin can change the settings of the server as follows – select the ‘Server Settings’ and then ‘Server region’.
Way 6: Power Cycle the Router, Modem, Computer
If not a single method above can rectify this issue, then as a final solution you need to reboot the devices – ‘modem’, ‘router’ and ‘computer’. Now, follow the steps beneath.
- First, turn off all the three devices one after another – ‘modem’, ‘router’ and then the ‘computer’.
- Next, take out all the power cables of each and every device from the wall socket. Then, remove the ‘Ethernet’ cable connected to those devices and wait for five minutes.
- After the time gets over, plug in the ‘Ethernet’ cable back to its proper place within each device.
- Now, start the modem and then the router and check if all the LEDs are functional or not. Then, start up the computer and try to connect to the Internet.
- At last, launch the Discord software and then see if this glitch appears or not, when you attempt to join the voice channels.
You can easily fix the Discord no route error by following all the fixes given above. But, if even after you follow every method, you are still unable to mitigate this issue, then do not worry a bit.
Provide the details of your query in the comment section below and get the issue solved by a professional.