Bluetooth is an important device that helps in transferring files. But it is indeed an annoying situation if you fail to use the Bluetooth feature on the Mac device. However, it is a more than common problem among the users.
There are various reasons that provoke this Bluetooth not available Mac error. The problem can appear due to some misconfiguration in the Bluetooth setting or due to a random problem within the plist files.
This article will provide you with all the possible fixes that can help you to get rid of the problem. So, start to read the entire article and get to the details.
How to Fix Mac Says Bluetooth Not Available?
If you are dealing with Bluetooth not available issue, then you should follow this guide. Through this article, we are going to provide you with all the possible fixes that can help you to resolve the trouble with Mac Bluetooth.
Way 1: Delete .plist files
You can get rid of the situation by deleting the .plist file (Property List). Basically, these files are used by the Mac device to store software user preferences for the input devices like the keyboard, mouse, and trackpad.
Go through the steps to know the process of deleting the .plist files.
- At first, you should close all the applications that are connected to the Bluetooth device.
- Press and hold the Command + Shift + G button from the Finder.
- After that, enter the following command and click on the Go option: ~/Library/Preferences/
- Look for the “com.apple.Bluetooth.plist” file and delete it.
- Lastly, reboot the Mac device and check if the problem with Mac Bluetooth is resolved or not.
Way 2: Reset the SMC if Bluetooth is not available on Mac
You should try to reset the SMC or the System Management Controller Bluetooth to get rid of the trouble with Bluetooth not available Mac Sierra.
Resetting the SMC on Non-removable Batteries
The Mac device with non-removable batteries can follow the steps that are discussed below.
- At first, turn off the Mac device and Plug in the power adapter.
- Press and hold the Shift + Control + Option and the Power button for a few seconds or more from the keyboard at the same time.
- After, releasing the buttons boot up the Mac device, then turn on and use the system.
Resetting the SMC on Removable Batteries
If are using Mac device with removable batteries, then follow the steps that are mentioned below.
- At first, turn off the Mac device and remove the battery from the battery case.
- Disconnect all power sources from the device.
- Press and hold down the Power button for about 10 seconds.
- After, releasing the Power button reattach the battery with the device and connect the power adapter with the device.
- Boot up the Mac iOS device and check if the problem is resolved or not.
Way 3: Reset the Bluetooth Module
Here is another solution that can help you to troubleshoot the problem with the Mac Bluetooth. You can reset the Bluetooth module to resolve the problem.
- Press and hold the Shift+Option key from the keyboard and click on the Bluetooth menu icon.
- Then, choose the Debug option and click on the Remove All Devices button.
- Thereafter, again click on the Debug button and choose the “Reset the Bluetooth module” option.
- Restart the Mac device. This will fix the problem with the Mac Bluetooth device.
In this article, we have tried to present all the possible fixes that can help you to resolve the problem with Bluetooth not available Mac. Try to apply the methods that we have discussed through this article and get rid of the problem easily. If you fail to implement the methods, then place your feedback in the comment section.