Malwarebytes is one of those antivirus tools that are free to use and can be upgraded to a premium version. Though Malwarebytes is an effective tool, sometimes Malwarebytes web protection won’t turn On 2018 issue arises. The problem is related to the Web Protection settings on your PC. Since users are unable to turn On web protection, they fail to keep their system safe from malicious programs. Even if they are able to turn On this feature, it turns Off immediately without any apparent reasons. As we are receiving complains from users reporting about this error, so read below to learn how to turn On Malwarebytes premium web protection.
Methods to Malwarebytes Web Protection Won’t Turn On Issue
Have a look at some of the possible ways of resolving this issue:
Method 1: Perform a Clean Reinstallation of Malwarebytes
Most of the users have fixed their issue by reinstalling Malwarebytes. Those who have purchased a premium version of Malwarebytes, need to retrieve both their activation ID and key. You can obtain this information by visiting the website from where you have downloaded the tool. Therefore, uninstall and then reinstall Malwarebytes by the steps discussed below.
For the Free Version of Malwarebytes
- Go to the Start menu, type ‘regedit’ in the search bar and press ‘Enter.’
- If the Registry Editor does not open, then press the Windows logo key and ‘R’ at the same time to open the Run application.
- Now type ‘regedit’ into it and press ‘Enter’ to access the Registry Editor window.
- For Windows x86 32-Bit, follow the ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware’ location.
- Whereas, for Windows x64 64-Bit, navigate to ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware’ location.
- Then, retrieve your ID, as well as, the key to proceed with the removal process by the on-screen prompts.
- Then, search for a free version of Malwarebytes on the internet and download it on your PC.
Reinstall the Premium Version of Malwarebytes
- Open MBAM, choose ‘My Account’ and select the ‘Deactivate’ option.
- Go to Settings and click the ‘Advanced Settings’ tab on the navigational pane.
- Make sure that the ‘Enable self-protection module’ box is unchecked and close the program.
- Visit the Malwarebytes site and download the ‘mbam-clean.exe’ tool and disable the antivirus temporarily.
- Restart your PC after uninstalling the antivirus for a clean start.
- Now, visit the official site of Malwarebytes and download the latest version of MBAM.
- Uncheck the box for Trial option and tap the ‘Activation’ button.
- Then, copy and paste the ID and key retrieved from the Windows Registry in the specified filed.
- It is going to activate your Malwarebytes license and you can secure your PC.
Method 2: Run Malwarebytes Once Again on PC
It is a simple method that isn’t going to make any unnecessary changes. Right-click on the Malwarebytes system tray icon and selects the ‘Quick Malwarebytes’ option. Now, double-click on the Malwarebytes icon on your desktop to reopen this antivirus. Now, check whether it solves the ‘Malwarebytes web protection won’t turn On’ issue or not.
Method 3: Update Malwarebytes
Certain versions of Malwarebytes fail to turn On web protection if you lack access to the latest version. Hence, Malwarebytes developers release updates that can fix this problem instantly. By default, Malwarebytes on Windows displays a popup message whenever a new version is available online. If you receive such notifications, then simply click the ‘Install’ button to get the latest version of Malwarebytes on your PC.
If you do not receive any notifications, then select Malwarebytes and search for the updates manually. To do so, double-click on the Malwarebytes icon and select ‘Settings’. Navigate to the ‘Application’ tab and move to the ‘Application Updates’ section. After that, click the ‘Install Application Updates’ link to see whether any updates are available or not. Click ‘OK’ and tap the ‘Yes’ button on the resulting popup to download the updates successfully. Now, see whether Malwarebytes Premium web protection won’t turn On the issue is resolved or not.
Method 4: Uninstall the Driver for MBAM Web Protection
The uninstallation of the MBAM web protection driver is a radical move as the feature might not work after the uninstallation. But, this method compels MBAM web protection to install itself after your PC reboots. Thus, try to solve this issue by uninstalling the driver with the following steps:
- You will find a Malwarebytes system tray icon at the bottom right corner of the computer’s screen. So, right-click on it and select the ‘Quick Malwarebytes’ option.
- Type ‘cmd’ in the search box and press ‘Enter’ to launch the Command Prompt.
- Then, right-click on Command Prompt and select the ‘Run as administrator’ option.
- Now, enter the ‘sc delete mbamwebprotection’ command in the Command Prompt.
- You will receive a message if updates are available. If prompted, then click ‘OK’ and then hit the ‘Yes’ button to install the updates on your PC.
- Finally, follow the onscreen instructions to complete the updating process and check whether you can turn On the Malwarebytes web protection or not.
- If the problem still appears, then move on to the next method.
Method 5: Restart the MBAM Service
The Malwarebytes web protection won’t turn On if the MBAMService.exe file on your PC is corrupted due to malware or virus attack. Moreover, the usage of CPU and RAM will increase significantly. Thus, you should try to restart the MBAM service and check whether it fixes the issue or not.
- To restart the MBAM service, press ‘Ctrl, Shift, and Esc’ keys simultaneously to open the Task Manager. Some version of Windows support the combination of ‘Ctrl Alt, and Del’ keys as well to launch the Task Manager. In that case, you can use any of these combinations to access the Task Manager. Or else, search for Task Manager in the Windows search bar.
- Windows 10 users, can right-click on the Start menu and select Task Manager.
- Click the ‘More details’ tab on the Task Manager Window to find the hidden items.
- Then, navigate to the ‘Process’ tab, right-click on the multiple entries and choose the ‘End Task’ option.
- Click ‘Yes’ on the resulting popup which warns that a file’s process is about to be terminated.
- Click on the ‘New’ tab and select ‘Task’ to run a new task.
- After that, type ‘MBAMServices.exe’ in the specified filed on the ‘Run new task’ window.
- Restart the system and see whether you can turn On the Malwarebytes protection without an error message or not.
Method 6: Perform a System Restore
It is the ultimate solution that fixes most of the issues automatically when no solution works. Thus, restore the system to take back the system to a time when the error didn’t occur. So, type ‘system restore’ in the search box and press ‘Enter’. Click ‘Yes’ on the confirmation dialog box to continue with the restoration process. Make sure not to cancel the system restore process once it is started. The system will shut down and restart automatically after processing the system restore. Now, run the antivirus tool to ensure that you have ultimately fixed the ‘Malwarebytes won’t turn On’ issue.
Hope, you will find this article useful and definitely going to fix the issue without any hassles. Further, you can also share your experience in the feedback box below regarding ‘Malwarebytes web protection won’t turn On’.