If you update an anti-malware product on your system, you will face many issues after the updating process will complete. It will consume a lot a memory of your system. The new protection update caused mbamservice.exe, which is found eating most of the RAM and upgrade to 90% of the computer CPU. It is also found in case of Malwarebytes where Malwarebytes using all memory.
Thus, many users are complaining about the consumption of a lot of memory in the form of RAM. Due to this, sometimes the computers crash and moreover, it becomes too unstable the issue.
How to Fix It?
Malwarebytes issue fix can be a bit of tricky sometimes. When you restart and login to your account, mbamservice.exe assumes most of the memory. For this, your computer slows down and become unstable.
In this article, we have discussed three methods to solve the issue and it works again normally:
At first, launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware in your system.
- Go to the Settings option and disable Web protection. After that, click on the Protection tab, set the Web Protection option in Off mode. Next, you will receive a User account control dialog box asking for permission to make the changes. Here you have to select the Yes button from the menu that appears on your screen.
- After that, press the dashboard navigation option, there you will see an option Scan Status. Then, click the Current option, which you will find next to Update option. After that, update the Malwarebytes with the latest update.
- It will download automatically and installed on your system. Then, you need to restart your computer to complete the update process. The entire process may take several restarts. After installed successfully, check your problem fixed or not.
- After that, activate the Web protection feature.
If Method 1 does not work, try the above method in Safe Mode With Networking. If you complete the above method in Safe Mode it will easier for you and quicker as well. With this, you will get the updates before Mbamservice.exe which the main culprit for the slow down the computer.
- Firstly, restart the computer with Safe Mode with Networking.
- To proceed further, open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware on your system.
- After that, navigate to the Settings option and turn off the Web protection. Then, click on the Protection option, then select Off option to set the Web Protection to set the off mode. Next, you will be prompted a User account control dialog box asking for permission to make the changes. Here you have to select the Yes button from the menu that appears on your screen.
- It will download automatically and installed on your system. After that, reboot your computer. This process may take several restarts. After installed successfully, check your problem fixed or not.
- At last, try to activate the Web Protection feature.
At last, if you not solving the issue using the above two methods you can try this method to resolve the issue. At first, uninstall the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and then reinstall the program again. The main cons of this method are that the license of this installation may not work. If so, then reenter the license information when you finished the reinstallation process.
- To do so, first, restart the system with safe mode with Networking.
- Go to the Control Panel from the Start menu, then go to the Programs to uninstall the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program.
- After the uninstallation of the program, reboot the system.
- Then, download the Malwarebytes Cleanup Tools from the manufacturer site and install it on your computer. After that Run this tool. After running the tool it will remove all the trace of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
- Next, restart the system again and log in to your account.
- Then, download the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software from the official website and install it. After that, run it on your system. You will find an older definition file on the official website. If you install it on your system the bug will not affect the system. You can check later to get the latest update of this software.
- After that, reboot the system if the new software needs the reboot.
Once you get the updated version, you will no longer get the issue and mbamservice.exe should reuse the right amount of resources again.
Overall, the above-mentioned method will definitely help you to resolve the issue. This content is completely written on behalf of the users, and we wish that every part of it prove beneficial for your knowledge and at your workplace. If you have any problem regarding this, you can post your queries at any time in the below section.