Windows 10 is one of the most popular OS in this global market. But in reality, despite being a featured one it is not always free from technical glitches. Kmode_exception_not_handled windows 10 is one of those most common errors you may come across. If you have already faced so and don’t know the detailed troubleshooting process then try to follow this post. It contains several guidelines to resolve this issue on your own. But before going on that part, at first, let’s focus on the causes as well as the symptoms behind this issue.
Symptoms Behind Kmode_exception_not_handled Windows 10
When this error occurs, your active Window crashes all of a sudden and you encounter a blue screen showing error message kmode_exception_not_handled on Windows 10.
It is a BSOD error which can occur at any time whenever you are trying to access your system.
Now, let’s see the causes of this error.
Causes To Encounter This Issue
You can encounter this error due to several causes. For instance-
• Due To Fast Start-Up- If you have enabled fast start up on your system then you may encounter this error with your Windows 10 device.
• Faulty Drivers- You can come across this error due to faulty or outdated device drivers.
• Otherwise, it is an issue related to your CPU voltage.
Hacks To Fix Kmode_exception_not_handled Windows 10
Here, experts have provided more than one hacks to fix this issue on your own. Try to follow all of the steps carefully.
Method 1: Disable Fast Startup
You can overcome this issue by disabling the fast startup feature. In that case, try to follow the steps mentioned below.
1. Press the Windows logo key and R simultaneously to open the RUN box.
2. In this dialogue box type “Control Panel ” and hit Enter to continue. You will get into the Control Panel Window.
3. Go to the View By option and make it ” Large icons”. Choose the power options.
4. Tap on ‘Choose what the power buttons do’. Click Changed settings that are currently an unavailable option.
5. Uncheck the box against Turn on fast startup (recommended) be unchecked and hit Enter to continue. Choose the Save changes option. Now close the window.
Now, check the status of the error. If it persists then try to focus on the next method given below.
Method 2: Change Your CPU Voltage
As per expert technicians, you can encounter this error with your system due to the CPU. On that note, you have to set the CPU voltage manually to overcome this issue. But before performing this process, make sure that you have checked your motherboard.
As it is a difficult process, you can also avoid this step. In that case, follow the next step.
Method 3: Check Your RAM
You can also try to check your RAM to fix this issue on your own. In that case, try to follow the steps mentioned below.
1. On your keyboard press Windows + R to launch the Run dialogue box.
2. On that box, type mdsched.exe and hit Enter to continue. You can also click on OK instead of clicking on Enter.
3. Windows Memory Diagnostic window will open.
4. Choose the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Once, done then try to follow the next step.
Method 4: Update Network Drivers
If you are using an outdated version of Network drivers then you can encounter this error with your system. In that case, try to update your Network drivers using the following steps.
1. At first, go to the Start button.
2. Find the search box, and type ” Update Device Drivers ” on it.
3. You will get several search results. Choose the first one.
4. You will get into a new window. In this window, you can see a list of installed device drivers on your system.
5. Click on the Network Drivers to update it.
6. Windows will automatically start downloading the current version of your Network driver.
After completing this step, check the state of error. If it persists, then try to focus on the next method mentioned below.
Method 5: Update BIOS
You can also try to update BIOS to avoid this issue. In that case, try to apply the steps as follows.
1. Navigate to the browser you are using.
2. Now, in the address bar type the name of your motherboard manufacturer’s website.
3. Navigate to this website and follow the onscreen instructions to download the latest version of BIOS.
Once done, let’s see the changes for the error code. If it persists, then try to focus on the next method given below.
Method 6: Replace The RAM
You can also try to replace the RAM to overcome this issue. In that case, try to find the faulty RAM module from the CPU and replace it.
If the error persists then try to focus on the next method mentioned below.
Method 7: Check Hardware Compatibility
You can also try to check the hardware compatibility to overcome this issue. In that case, you can also check the official documents of Windows to ensure whether your hardware is suitable or not.
If not then try to replace the hardware.
If the error persists then you can try to uninstall your third-party antivirus software to troubleshoot this issue on your own. But it is an alternative and not a permanent solution to fix this issue.
Method 8: Remove Third-party Antivirus Software
You can also try to uninstall the third-party software to fix this issue. in that case, try to follow the steps mentioned below.
1. Go to the start button and find the search bar.
2. In the search box, type the “Control Panel”.
3. Find “Programs And Features” option.
4. You can see a bunch of search results will appear.
5. Select your third-party antivirus software from the list and click on Uninstall to complete the uninstallation process.
After performing the steps you will surely be able to fix the kmode_exception_not_handled issue on your own.
Hope, using our guidance you will be able to fix this kmode_exception_not_handled issue on your own. In the future, if you encounter any kind of other inconvenience with your device then you can follow our website to get further information. If you have any further inquiries related to this troubleshooting process then you can drop a comment in the comment section.