The users of the Windows Operating System often face the kernel_data_inpage_error while trying to wake up the PC from sleep mode. This is a type of the BSOD or Blue Screen of Death error comes with the error code 0x0000007A. Most of the time, this issue is fixed just after performing a restart of the system. But this is not the permanent solution as the users face the same issue every single time when they try to wake up the system.
If you also face the same error and are tired of finding the solutions for the error, then you have arrived at the right place. Here in the article, we are going to present some possible solutions which can help you to fix this issue. Hence, you are advised to go through the article given below.
Know the Probable Causes Behind the Kernel_data_inpage_error:
Before going to the troubleshooting methods, it’s essential to know the probable reasons behind the issue. When you know the root cause behind the problem, then it’s become easier to fix this. There are several reasons behind this error. Have a look at the most probable causes behind the error:
- If there are any defective sectors on the hard drive, then you can face this error.
- When the requested page of the kernel data from the paging file of the system denied reading the memory of the system, then you can also encounter this error.
- A faulty or loose SATA or IDE cable connection can affect the HDD or the motherboard of the computer and cause other HDD problems. It also might be the reason behind this issue.
- Due to virus or malware attack, you can also come across this error.
Now, you are aware of the probable reasons which led to this issue. Hence. you have to match the above points with your current situation to identify the specific reason. After that, you need some easy hacks to fix the kernel_data_inpage_error.
Easy Tips and Tricks to Fix the kernel_data_inpage_error:
There are several ways to fix kernel_data_inpage_error. Hence, you need to have a glance at the troubleshooting methods provided below:
Fix 1: Check the Hard Drive of the Computer
The kernel_data_inpage_error appears when the kernel data of the paging file fail to read the memory. Hence, it is caused due to some issues of the hard drive or a damaged portion. Hence, if you check the hard disk for any errors, then it can fix the error permanently. Here are the steps that you should follow to check the disk:
- At first, move the cursor to the bottom left corner of the screen and tap on the Start logo.
- Then, type ‘command prompt’ in the search field.
- It will show the ‘Command Prompt’ option as a search result. Right-click on it.
- Choose the ‘Run as Administrator’ option from the list to run the Command prompt with administrative privileges.
- Now, you have to type ‘CHKDSK X: /r’ on the Command Prompt window. Hit the Enter key from the keyboard to run the command. Here ‘X’ is the drive where you have saved the Operating System previously.
- Next, the command line will ask you to restart the system. Type Y and hit the Enter key. It will restart the system.
- After restarting the system, it will try to find out the problems as well as it will try to fix them by itself. Now, you have to wait for a few minutes until the process completes.
After completing the above process, you need to restart the system to check whether the error has been resolved or not. If you see that the error persists, then move on to further methods.
Fix 2: Using RAM Diagnostic Tool
To fix the kernel_data_inpage_error Windows 10 issue, you should try to run the RAM Diagnostic Tool. It is an in-built tool of Windows Operating System that helps the users to check if there are any problems with the RAM memory of the system. After finding the problem, this tool will also fix that problem automatically. To run the RAM Diagnostic tool in Windows 10, you should perform the steps as follows:
- At first, navigate to the Start menu.
- Then, you have to type ‘search’ in the search box.
- As a search result, it will show the ‘Memory Diagnostic Tool.’ Tap on it to open it.
- Select the ‘Choose Restart now’ option to check for the problems.
- Let the system restart. Now, the RAM Diagnostic tool will show you the issues as well as try to fix them. Sometimes, it also suggests further steps to fix the issue.
After that, you have to turn the system in Sleep mode and try to wake up the PC. If you still face the same issue, then try the other troubleshooting hacks discussed below.
Fix 3: Run SFC (System File Checker) or DISM Scan
Due to damaged or corrupted system files, you can also face this issue. Hence, you should try to run the System File Checker to fix the kernel_data_inpage_error Windows 7 issue. SFC is an in-built feature of the Windows Operating System that helps the users to scan the system files of the computer. It can also repair the corrupted or damaged system files by itself. To run the System File Checker, you should follow the steps mentioned below:
- At first, you have to navigate to the Start menu.
- Then, type ‘command prompt’ in the search field.
- Now, right-click on the search result.
- Choose the ‘Run as Administrator’ option to run the Command Prompt with admin privileges.
- Next, you need to type the command ‘sfc/scannow’ on the command line and hit the Enter key from the keyboard to run the command.
- Now, the SFC will start to scan the system for the damaged system files as well as it will try to repair them.
- Wait for a few times until the process completes.
After running the SFC scan, if it doesn’t fix the damaged system files, then you need to run the DISM scan. To run this, perform the steps as follows:
- First, run the Command Prompt with admin privileges.
- Now, type ‘DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth’ on the Command Prompt Window and hit the Enter key from the keyboard to run the command.
- The DISM scanning takes a minimum of 20 minutes to complete the process.
After completing the last step, you need to restart the system to save the changes. Now, check whether the error still appears or not. If the error still persists, then go to the solutions given below.
Fix 4: Disable the Third-party Antivirus Software
We often use third-party antivirus software to protect our computer from any unwanted malware or antivirus. Sometimes, the third-party antivirus software can interfere with the system and can result in kernel_data_inpage_error. To solve this error, you need to deactivate all the third-party antivirus programs that are currently running on your computer. Hence, first, you have to go to the taskbar and find the Antivirus icon. If the Antivirus icon is not there, then you need to tap on the small triangle located at the right pane. There you will find the antivirus icon. Right-click on it. Choose the ‘Disable’ option from the list. After disabling the Antivirus software you need to check if the error is still showing or not. If you see that the error persists, then enable the antivirus software again and move on to further methods.
Fix 5: Update the SSD Firmware
If you are facing the kernel_data_inpage_error notification and you are also using the SSD, then the issue might be related to the firmware. According to some users, they have solved this problem just by upgrading their firmware and SSD drivers. Here you need to keep in mind that the firmware update is an advanced process, and if you do not do it in a proper way, then it can cause various other damages with the SSD as well as there are chances that you might lose the files.
Fix 6: Change the Paging File
You can also solve the kernel_data_inpage_error issue by setting the paging files management of the system to Automatic mode. It will allow the system to resize the paging file depending on its requirements. It can also decrease the possibility of seeing this error. To perform this, you should follow the steps mentioned below:
- At first, you have to hit the E and Windows logo key both at the same time. This will launch Windows Explorer.
- Now, right-click on This PC or Computer by going to the left side of the window.
- Go to the Contextual menu and tap on the ‘Properties’ option.
- Now, look at the left pane of the Properties window and tap on the Advanced System Settings.
- Tap on the Performance under the Advanced tab and then tap on the Settings option. Again, you have to tap on the Advanced button.
- Click on the Change button by going to the Virtual Memory.
- Now, you have to check the ‘Automatically manage paging file size for all drives’ box.
- Then, click on the OK button.
- Restart the system to save the changes.
After that, you need to check whether the error is still showing or not. If you see that the error is not gone, then perform the methods discussed below.
Fix 7: Using CHKDSK Utility
The CHKDSK utility is a tool created especially to identify as well as repair the issues related to the hard drive of the system. Hence, you should try to run the CHKDSK utility to check if it can fix the kernel_data_inpage_error. Here are the steps to perform this:
- First, you have to go to the Start menu. Then, type ‘cmd’ in the search box.
- Right-click on the Command Prompt showing as the search result.
- Choose the ‘Run as Administrator’ to run the Command Prompt with admin privileges.
- Type the command ‘chkdsk C: /F /R’ on the Command Prompt window and hit the Enter key from the keyboard to run the command.
- If the Command Prompt prompts any confirmation message, then you should press Y to start the scanning of the C drive by CHKDSK utility after restarting the system.
- Now, you need to wait a few times until CHKDSK scan the HDD as well as find and repair all the issues.
After that, you should try to restart the system to check if the error is still appearing or not. If you see that the issue persists, then go to the methods given below.
Fix 8: Check or Replace the SATA/IDE Cable
You may face the Blue Screen of Death error with the error message kernel_data_inpage_error whenever you turn on the system or boot it from sleep mode. Because the system is getting too much time to detect the HDD for any faulty or loose SATA/IDE cable. In that situation, you should check the SATA/IDE cable to confirm that it is connected securely on both ends. If you see that there are some problems in the cable, then you should replace it to check if it fixes the error. After that, if the issue is not fixed, then you should try the next method.
Fix 9: Check the Hardware
Sometimes, the kernel_data_inpage_error appears due to different hardware problems. Hence, if you are encountering this error, then you need to check the hardware of the system. The most common reason for this issue is RAM. Hence, you need to check each of the memory modules of the hardware individually. After checking the hardware, you need to restart the system to check whether the error is resolved.
In the above discussion, we have provided some of the possible ways to fix this issue. Hope that if you implement the above ways in their respective order, then it will definitely help you to put an end to this bug. After successfully performing the above ways, if you are still not able to fix the error or if you are facing any other kind of trouble, then you need to connect with a tech expert. In addition, you can also share your queries and valuable feedback through the comment box given at the end of this post.