After installing hardware or software, one of the most common errors which can take place in a Windows device is kernel data inpage error. Sometimes this error comes with codes such as 0xC000009C, 0x0000007A or 0xC000016A. Or it may come as an ordinary error message.
The main reason to encounter this error is incompatible software. Or, you can also get this error due to the wrong setup of the paging file.
In case, you are encountering this error and looking for solutions to resolve it, you can go through this article. Here, we have provided the aptest fixes and can act as a guide to resolve this issue on your Windows 10 system.
Kernel Data Inpage Error: Effective Fixes
In case you notice the kernel data inpage error showing on your Windows 10 device, don’t be frustrated. You can fix it, using these methods.
Method 1: Run RAM Check
Once you encounter this error on your device, the first thing you need to do is perform a RAM check in order to resolve this error. On that note, try to follow these steps:
- Firstly, on your keyboard, you need to press the Windows logo key and the R key at the same time to launch the Run dialog box.
- After that, type mdsched.exe in the Run box and press the Enter button to continue.
- Now, on the Windows Memory Diagnostic screen, you will see two options. The first one is checking the status of your memory card right now, another one is, Check for problems the next time I start my computer if you are busy now.
- Select the option that you want.
- On the next restart, the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool will start working.
If it sends no error report, it means the disk is not the reason behind this error. So, you can try to run a hard drive check.
Method 2: Run Hard Disk Drive Test
You can also try to run a hard disk drive test, to fix this error on your device. On that note, try out these steps.
- Firstly, on your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and the X at the same time, and then click on Command Prompt (Admin).
- When you are prompted with the administrator permission, Click on Yes button.
- Next, type the command chkdsk C: /F /R and type Y to continue.
- After that, you need to restart your device and see whether it resolves the issue or not.
In case, the error persists, try to follow the next method.
Method 3: Set Paging File to Automatic
You can also set the paging file to automatic to eliminate this glitch from your device. Follow these steps:
- Firstly, on your keyboard, you need to press the Windows logo key and the E at the same time to open the File Explorer.
- After that, right-click on This PC and click on Properties.
- Next, click on Advanced System Settings.
- Now, in the Advanced tab, click on Settings, situated under the Performance category.
- After that, go to the Advanced tab and click on Change.
- Next, you need to check whether you have ticked on the box against Automatically manage paging file size for all drives.
- In case you find that it is disabled, then you need to enable it, by ticking on the box.
- Now, tap on the Ok button in order to save the changes.
Now, check whether this process resolves the issue or not. If the error persists, try to follow the next method.
Method 4: Uninstall Incompatible Software
In case you are using an incompatible software then also you can encounter this error on your device. You can try to uninstall the incompatible software using these steps:
- In order to uninstall programs, you need to click on the Control Panel shortcut key which is situated on your computer screen or you can press Windows + R and type control panel in it, to navigate to the Control panel.
- After that, click on Programs and navigate to Programs and Features.
- Next, go to the Uninstall program to uninstall target programs.
- Here, you can also click on the Installed On option, in order to locate the most recently installed programs.
You can go through this article and apply the fixes to eliminate the kernel data inpage error from your device. In case, you want to avoid the hassles of carrying out a technical fix by yourself, you can always contact an expert who can guide you in a better way.