Kaspersky antivirus software helps to keep the critical data of a computer secured by eliminating malware and virus. But, while installing the Kaspersky antivirus application we might receive the notification ‘Kaspersky internal error 2771’. This notification appears due to bad entries from the security page of the antivirus program. Also, we might receive this error due to corrupted cache files or due to some problem with the registry key. The computer may crash down many times or might even lag in its working procedure frequently. If you are going through the same issue, then, in this article we are going to discuss the possible ways to resolve it. Follow the article to know more about the problem and what might be the probable reasons.
Reasons For Kaspersky Error 2771
The probable reasons which Kaspersky internal error 2771 occurs are as follows:
- Due to a corrupted file associated with ‘INFCACHE.1’, you might receive the Kaspersky error.
- In case, there are any bad entries, from any of the last packages of the security, then you might receive this error code.
- If there is some dispute in the installed antivirus security package on your computer, then you might face the Kaspersky error 2771.
- If the registry key gets modified, then you might face this issue.
Methods to Solve Kaspersky Internal Error 2771
The methods to resolve the Kaspersky internal error 2771 are as follows:
- Removing the INFCACHE.1 corrupted file from the computer
- Repairing the registry entries associated with the internal error 2771.
- Resolving the software conflict by reinstalling the Kaspersky antivirus.
- Performing a system check on your computer.
Removing The INFCACHE.1 Corrupted File
The steps to remove the ‘INFCACHE.1’ corrupt file from the computer are as follows:
- At first, press the ‘Windows’ key and the letter ‘R’ from the keyboard.
- Then, in the Run box type ‘cmd’ and then, press the Enter key from the keyboard, to open the Command Prompt on your computer.
- After that, in the Command Prompt type ‘C:\Windows\inf\infcache.1’ and then, press the Ente’ key from the computer.
- Next, restart your computer and install the Kaspersky antivirus software on your computer again and check whether the error code is resolved or not.
Repairing Registry Entries
To repair the registry entries associated with Kaspersky internal error 2771 are as follows:
- At first, press the Windows key from the keyboard.
- Then, in the search space type ‘command’ to open the Command Prompt.
- After that, press and hold the key ‘CTRL’, ‘Shift’ and then, press the Enter key from the keyboard.
- Now, select the option ‘Yes’ when prompted, to open the ‘Command Prompt’ in admin mode.
- Next in the ‘Command Prompt’ window, type ‘regedit’ and press the ‘Enter’ key from the keyboard, to open the Registry Editor.
- Then, in the ‘Registry Editor’, choose the key related to the error and select the location where you want to back up the files. After that, from the ‘File menu’, select the option ‘Export’.
- Then, from the ‘Save in list’, choose the folder where you want to save the backup key for the Kaspersky Anti-Virus.
- Next, in the box ‘File Name’, write down a name for the backup file, for example, “Kaspersky Anti-Virus Backup”.
- Finally, in the ‘Export Range’ box, check whether the “Selected branch” is chosen and then, select the option ‘Save’. Now, the file gets saved with a ‘.reg’ file extension.
Reinstalling Kaspersky Antivirus Application
Follow the steps to reinstall the Kaspersky antivirus program and resolve the software conflict:
- At first, select the ‘Windows’ key from your keyword and then, select the ‘Control Panel’.
- Then, in the ‘Control Panel’, select the option ‘Uninstall a programs’ and then, select the ‘Kaspersky antivirus’ from the list.
- After that, go through the instructions that appear on the screen and remove the antivirus program from your computer.
- Finally, download and then, install the software on your computer and then, check whether the issue still persists or not.
Perform System Check
To perform the system check on your computer, go through the steps:
- First, select the Start key.
- Then, in the search panel type ‘command’ in the search box.
- After that, press the keys ‘CTRL’ and ‘Shift’ and then, press the ‘Enter’ key from the keyboard.
- After that select ‘Yes’ when prompted.
- Then, in the Command Prompt, type “sfc /scannow” and press the ‘Enter’ key from the keyboard.
- Now, the System File Checker will start scanning for the ‘Internal Error 2771’ and files related to it.
- After that, go through the instructions on the screen, to resolve the error code.
Thus, by following the steps discussed above you can resolve the issue at the earliest. Hopefully, this will help you to resolve the Kaspersky internal error 2771. You can also place your queries in the comment section.