When it comes to advanced specifications and high-end functionalities, iPhone deserves a special mention. An iPhone comes with a bundle of special features, unlike any other smartphone. However, being a popular gadget, it does not mean it is flawless. While using your phone, you may often come across itunes Error 23 which might land you into serious trouble. It is basically a hardware-related issue. If you are getting trouble with the Error 23 problem on your iPhone, then you need to check and read the write-up below with attention.
Glance through the generic symptoms of error 23
- Error 23 crashes the running program window.
- Movies suddenly stop screaming.
- iTunes or other downloads may take a long time to finish.
- Wifi connections may be slow and the web pages may take a long time to load.
- Though there is access to the internet, but the connection keeps interrupting.
- The error is shown on the screen of the Operating system.
- Your system gradually freezes for some time.
- Your computer is running slowly and responds to mouse or keyboard input after a few minutes.
Naturally, when a software program involving an Apple Inc is running, the 23 error may occur during installation. The iTunes error 23 is a vital problem for troubleshooting. It can also occur during Windows startup or shutdown and during the installation of the Windows operating system.
Probable reasons for iTunes error 23
There are several reasons for iPhone error 23. Try to follow the given instructions to get rid of the error.
- The USB cable is broken and the charging port is fully damaged.
- The error occurs due to the Windows registry which is related to the software change.
- In addition, virus or malware infection is one of the common reasons for the error.
- Also, if you remove some important files involving iTunes permanently, the error is displayed in your system.
- Lack of sufficient space in iPhone for an update or restore.
- Wifi signal gets weak frequently and iTunes can’t install in a proper way. So you have to do the correct installation.
- Something went wrong with your PC.
- There is a connection problem between your PC and iTunes.
Brilliant methods to fix iTunes error code 23
Fortunately, there are various methods available to solve iPhone error 23. You can fix it if it is hardware or software-related. Here are some solutions which help you to fix error code 23 on your iPhone. Try to follow all the steps that are stated hereunder:
Solution 1: Reset all settings
Resetting all settings in iPhone is one of the common procedures to solve this error. Follow the steps below to resolve the error. Check out thoroughly.
- First, restart your iPhone.
- Then go to the ‘settings’ option.
- Click ‘General’ option from settings.
- Then go to ‘Reset’ tab and click ‘Reset all settings’ option.
- Last, enter your password to confirm your decision.
Solution 2: Factory reset
You can try to factory reset your iPhone to overcome this trouble. Below are a few steps to fix it.
- First of all, backup your device.
- Click ‘Settings’ tab. After that click ‘General’, ‘Reset’ thoroughly.
- Then, select ‘Erase all content and settings’ option.
- Type your passcode and tap on ‘Erase iPhone’ option.
Solution 3: Soft reset
A soft reset is an easy way which you can operate quickly. Just go through it.
- First, tap and hold the sleep/wake and home buttons together at one time and wait for 10 seconds. When you notice an Apple logo on the screen, release both the buttons.
- Now, your gadget is ready to turn on.
- Go to your home screen and check whether your reset processing is done or not. If not, go for the next method.
Solution 4: Check the cable
If your problem is hardware-related then, you must check all the cables whether they are working fine or not. Don’t use a similar type of cable to your PC. Always try to use a different one.
If the error still persists, you need to change your cable quickly.
Solution 5: Check the port
A defective port is a common issue for the error. Read and follow the steps:
- Don’t use a similar port to your PC to connect your iPhone. Always try to dissimilar one.
- If you have faced some error in your iPhone, then perhaps the USB is damaged. So, you should have to repair it fast to solve the error.
Solution 6: Check wifi network
A slow Wifi connection may be the cause of this error. Follow the instructions:
- First, disconnect Wifi connection between your computer and iPhone and wait for a minute.
- Then, try to connect each other to the network.
- If you have faced the same problem, then change your Wifi network if possible.
Hopefully, it will mitigate the error. If not, then check the next solution.
Solution 7: Uninstall and reinstall the iTunes program associated with error 23
Moreover, reinstalling iTunes involving software can be a solution to the error. So fixing process is this:
- First, go to the Start menu and hit on ‘Programs and Features’ option.
- Then, open ‘Control Panel’ folder.
- Now, tap on ‘Add or Remove programs’ icon.’
- Below the ‘Currently Installed programs’ folder, open ‘iTunes error 23-associated program’ option. Tap on the iTunes-associated entry list.
- In the right panel, click on ‘Remove’ icon.
- Lastly, you should follow the screen directions to finish the proper uninstallation and solve 23 error.
Solution 8: Enter DFU Mode
If none of the methods work for you, then follow the steps below:
- First, connect your iPhone to the computer and install iTunes.
- Next, tap and hold the home button and sleep/wake button together for some time. Then release the sleep/wake button but continue to tap the home button before saying ‘iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode’.
- After that, release the Home button. Then you will see that iPhone’s screen will be completely black.
- Last restore your iPhone with iTunes.
Solution 9: Update your device
According to users, check your updates daily.
- First, select ‘Help’ from ‘Settings’ option.
- Next, go to the ‘Check for updates’ by clicking it.
- Update your device if there is a new version available.
Solution 10: Clean up space
- First, go to the ‘Settings’ icon.
- Then, click on ‘General’, ‘Reset’, ‘Erase all content’ icons subsequently.
- Last, connect your iPhone to your computer and check if your issue is resolved.
Fix 11: Run the SFC Scan
System File Checker(SFC) is an application in Microsoft Windows that can detect and repair system files. SFC scan all injured files that affect the error.
- On your keyboard, enter ‘Windows key + X’.
- Then, go to the ‘Command prompt’ by taping it and choose ‘Run as administrator’ option.
- Write ‘sfc/scannow’ and tap on entering key on your keyboard.
- Restart your computer.
- If SFC can’t detect your problem, then go to Safe mode and run the system file checker again.
Fix 12: Perform a clean boot
Sometimes the error can be eradicated by a clean boot. To do that, follow this instruction attentively.
- Open a run box and tap on the Windows key and R at the same time.
- Then, type ‘msconfig’ there and press OK button.
- Now, press on ‘Selective startup’ from an appearing system configuration window. Then, open the service section to check ‘Hide all Microsoft service’ icon.
- Find the ‘Disable all’ option and click on it. Additionally, click on Task manager from ‘Startup’ section.
- Next, right-click on each item from the given list and select ‘Disable’ icon from the menu. Return back to the system configuration window and click on ‘Apply’ and OK.
Hope you like this content. So far we have mentioned the reasons, the symptoms which generate this iTune error 23 and how we can get rid of this problem. All describe upper sections. So you read it fast. Then apply the given tricks thoroughly. It will surely help you to get out of the mess. But still, if you have any doubt in your mind or need further clarification you can simply post your comments.