HP provides laptops that are dipped in innovativeness and cutting-edge features for the users. Then, comes the Hp Docking Station. The Docking Station of Hp easily expands your display, network and device connectivity to customize an always-ready workspace. It is created exclusively for ultraslim HP notebook PCs. This makes you more creative throughout the day, all through a simple one-click slide-in side dock. A Docking Station is known as a universal port replicator. It is a hardware machine that permits a portable computer to create a connection with the other devices with no effort. Sometimes, the users often confront with a Hp Docking Station not working. It is a quite serious issue. Therefore, we have to resolve it to fix hp Docking Station can’t work fastly. So, just go through the whole article and read it attentively.
Issues With Hp Docking Station not working
Additionally, if the users are getting a Hp Docking Station not working, there are many issues which can occur triggering the same and can be listed below as:
- Laptop fails to recognize USB devices, both on and off Hp ultraslim Docking Station.
- Flickering monitors when running from the Docking Station.
- Monitors go blank for a number of seconds when running from the Docking Station.
- On some Docking Stations with dual monitors, some of the graphics options for primary display and screen resolution are disabled.
- The laptop stops by showing a black screen.
Some Easy Tricks to Fix if your Hp Docking Station fails to work
Tricks 1: Finding a Docking Station Without A Model Name
If your Docking Station is not comfortable with your computer, you search for a Docking Station without a model name.
From the HP website
- First, go to the Hp website.
- Then, write ‘Docking Station’ there.
- Find out Docking Station by name or P/N number such as VB041AA#ABA.
- After that, go to the ‘Under compatibility’ option and tap on ‘Show all’ option.
- Lastly, find an appropriate Docking Station for your computer from the list of compatible devices.
From the web browser
- First, open your browser and write the product number along with Hp.com in the search bar.
- Then, press ‘Detailed specifications and warranty information’ button.
- Tap on ‘View all compatible products’ and look out for the list of compatible devices for your computer. That’s it.
Trick 2: Making sure that the AC Power Adapter is compatible with the Docking Station
If you are not sure that the AC adapter is consonant with your PC. You can look on the HP support website for some models. Just follow the below instructions:
- First, go to the Hp consumer support website and write the name of your Docking Station there.
- Chose the ‘Manual’ option from the given list.
- Tap on the ‘Service and Maintenance Guide’ option.
In the service and maintenance guide folder, select ‘Specifications’ section.
- Then, compare the power supply information with the power supply information placed on the bottom of the Docking Station.
Trick 3: Clean the connections of your Docking Station
The connection problems between the computer and external devices are the cause of the problem. Just try to follow these instructions:
- First, unlock the computer and power down the Docking Station.
- Then, unplug it from the wall plug and disconnect any devices connecting with the Docking Station in a proper way.
- After that, clean off all connections with a can of compressed air and erase the area around the connection with a clean and soft cloth.
Trick 4: Install the pending Windows updates
You need to check that your Windows system is not outdated because it affects the Docking Station. Following these steps, you recover this.
- Type ‘Update’ in the search option by clicking the ‘Start’ menu.
- Enter the ‘Check for update’ option for daily updates.
- If any updates are available, click on ‘Install updates’.
- Restart your device.
Check once, if the error is solved if not follow the below methods.
Trick 5: Update All Drivers
Driver update manually
- Install ‘Driver easy’.
- Run it and click ‘Scan now’ option.
- Tap on the ‘Update’ option and if any update available then update it.
Driver update automatically
- Install ‘Driver easy’.
- Run it and click ‘Scan now’ option.
- Tap on ‘Update all’ option and if any update available then update it.
Trick 6: Run the Troubleshooter
If you update very badly, this update version obstructs not working start menu. So, try to read the troubleshoot method thoroughly.
- First, visit ‘Settings’ app.
- Click on ‘Updates & Security’ and then go to the ‘Troubleshoot’ option.
- Choose the ‘windows update’ option and press on ‘Run the troubleshooter’.
- Now, start your PC again and look out your issue solved or not.
Trick 7: Run the Automatic Repair
- First, close your PC. Then, enter the installation media using a USB drive or a DVD and restart your PC.
- For rebooting enter your language preference and tap on Repair your computer.
- Then, click on Troubleshoot, Advanced option, Automatic repair subsequently.
- Wait for some time and restart your computer.
- Check if your issue is recovered or not.
Trick 8: Perform a Clean Boot
Sometimes the error can be detected by a clean boot. To do that, you follow this instruction carefully.
- Press the Windows key and R both and type ‘msconfig’.
- Then, click ‘Ok’ button.
- When a system configuration window appears on the screen, then tap on ‘Selective startup’.
- Go to the service section for checking ‘hide all Microsoft service’ option. Press ‘Disable all’ to disabling.
- Then, open ‘Startup’ section and click ‘Task manager’.
- Next, right-click on each item from a given list and choose ‘disable’ from the menu.
- Go back to the system configuration window and select Apply’ and ‘Ok’.
Tips for “how to use Hp Docking Station?”
Before using an HP Docking Station, users need to know how to use The HP Docking Station. Here is a detailed process below. So, just look for it:
Undocking the computer
- First, Close the lid and tap on the Docking Station eject button. When the locking arms are released, the back edge of the computer will come out.
- Next, hold both sides of the PC and take up out of the Docking Station using both hands.
Docking the computer
- Shut down the computer lid to see the alignment marks on the Docking Station and the top of the computer.
- Then, press both sides of your PC on a hard surface with using your both hand and classify the back edge, taking the forward wall of the Docking Station.
- Before engaging the electrical connector, take the back edge lower to connect the alignment pins.
- Hold the top of the lid using both hands until the computer is placed.
Now that you have gone through all the causes and solutions which we have laid in front of you, you can surely get around this terrible error. Furthermore, you can also resolve your issue by applying all methods on your computer and also on any of your Android devices. In addition, you also should try to update your all drivers and your system when they are available. This will fix your difficulties once and for all.
We hope that the article helps you to handle a particular situation. Follow our page and share this article if you like. Keep connected with us attentively. In case you face any issue, we will try to reach you, once you comment in the comments section below. Apply all these methods carefully and check with your Hp Docking Station not working issue. Hope that it is helpful to you.