The users of Windows 10 often face the Ram Leck issue which is known as high memory usage Windows 10. Usually, this error notification occurs after upgrading to the latest version of Windows 10. The operating system pops up the error notification when you are going to play a game or leave Chrome open. When you are facing this error message for the first time, then it is not easy to fix the error without expert assistance. Nothing to get worried about the error notification. There are a lot of ways to resolve the issue. Keep reading the article. It will be sufficient to help you to solve this error notification.
What Are The Reasons Behind High Memory Usage Windows 10?
If your RAM has no memory, then nothing to worry about. This is not the only reason behind the error message. The users who have used 8GB or 16GB RAM, often experience high memory usage Windows 10 after updating the system. It can happen due to incompatibility issues with the driver. If you are using the outdating driver, then it can lead the error high memory usage Windows 10 nothing running. You need to check the settings of the registry hack, it can be the reason behind the error notification.
Amazing Tips And Tricks To Fix The High Memory Usage Windows 10
In this article, we are going to provide the best ways to resolve the error message. We have summed up some easy solutions to fix this error notification. You need to try any method for your system. So we suggest you to stick to the below steps:
Method 1: End The Useless Processes Which Uses Too Much Memory
Try to end the useless process which uses so much memory. It can help you to release from the error notification. Use the Task Manager to perform this method. Follow the below steps:
- Open the Task Manager by pressing the Ctrl, Shift and the Esc key simultaneously from the keyboard.
- Navigate to the Processes tab.
- For ranging the processes with the help of memory usage select the Memory option.
- Select the process which is useless and occupies significant storage.
- Hit on the End Task option to complete the process.
Method 2: Using The Creators Update
Some of the memories are occupied by some Windows services. In this case, try to stop the Windows services. Follow the below steps to perform this:
- Launch the run command box by pressing the Windows key and the R both at the same time from the keyboard.
- Type ‘services.msc’ on the run command box and hit the Enter key from the keyboard or click on the Ok button to run the command.
- Click twice on the following services by scrolling down the list: Superfetch, HomeGroup Listener, and HomeGroup Provider.
- Hit on the stop button by going to the Service status.
- Hit on the OK option.
Method 3: Set The Virtual Ram
You have to run the programs smoothly on your system. To perform this, you need to try to check the virtual memory. This can resolve the high memory usage Windows 10 Perform this by following the below steps:
At first, press the Windows key and Pause Break simultaneously from the keyboard. On the left pane, you will find the option Advanced System Settings, click on it. Navigate to the Advanced tab. Select the Settings button by going to the Performance bar. Click on the Advanced tab under the Performance box. Go to the Virtual memory bar and choose the Change option. Now untick the ‘Automatically manage paging file size for all drives’ box. Choose a Drive which has sufficient space. Hit on the Customize Size. Now you have to set the initial and maximum size. Set this as 1.5 or 2 times of the physical memory. As an example, if the physical memory of the system is 4G then set the initial size to 4G*1.5*1024=6144 MB and set the maximum size to 4G*2*1024=8192MB. After that, hit on the OK.
Module 4: Modify The Registry And The Troubleshoot
Modification of the registry is one of the easiest methods to fix the error high memory usage Windows 10. You can follow the below steps:
- To open the run command box hit the Windows key and the R simultaneously from the keyboard.
- Type ‘regedit’ on the run command box and run the command. To run this, you need to press the Enter key from the keyboard or hit on the OK button.
- Navigate to the path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet 001\Control\SessionManager\MemoryManagement\Prefetch Parameters.’
- Look at the right side of the windows; you will have two options. They are Enable Superfetch and Enable Prefetcher. You need to hit twice both of choice.
- After that, replace the 0 with the Value Data.
- Hit on OK.
- Navigate to the ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Current ControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management.’
- Double click on the option ‘ClearPageFileAtShutDown’ which you will see at the right side of the screen.
- Convert the 1 with the Value Data. Click on the Ok button.
Now perform a restart.
Method 5: Update The Drivers
If there is any problem with the configuration of the driver, then it might be the reason behind high memory usage Windows 10 has nothing running. Using the Device Manager, try to update the drivers. You can use any software tool if you are not sure about the update of the driver. Go to the official website of Microsoft and download the latest update of the driver.
You have to detect all the corrupted drivers of the system. So hit on the Scan option. Select the Update button to download and install the latest version of the driver. Restart your system.
Method 6: By Fixing The Memory Leak
To fix the memory leak, perform the steps given below:
- Hit the Windows key and Pause Break both at the same time from the keyboard.
- On the left side of the window, if you will find the option Advanced System Settings, hit on it.
- Under the Advanced tab hit on the Setting button. You can find this option on the Performance bar.
- Click on the Visual Effects under the Performance box.
- Now click on the option ‘Adjust for best performance.’
- Save the changes by clicking on the Apply button.
- Hit on the OK and then again OK from the System Properties box.
Method 7: Check The Applications On Your System
Move the cursor to the bottom of the display and right-click on the Taskbar. Open Task Manager from the list. Go to the Process tab and check if an application is using more space of the RAM, then you have to suppose it. Uninstall this application from the Computer if do not need this application anymore.
Method 8: Defragment The Hard Disk
Launch the Run box. Hit the Windows key and R both at once from the keyboard. Type ‘dfrgui’ on the Run command box. Hit the Enter key from the keyboard or click on the OK to run the command. Select those hard drives which you want to defragment from the new window. Hit on the Optimize and follow the on-screen directions to complete the defragment process. Now perform a restart.
Method 9: Using The Antivirus Programs
Run the antivirus scan on the system to check if it can solve the high memory usage Windows 10 nothing running. But if you do not have any antivirus, then you need to use the Windows Defender. It will help you to determine the suspicious programs which might be the cause behind your issue. When the antivirus finds any file, then try to obliterate this from the system.
Method 10: Run The SFC Scan
Go to the search bar of the Start menu and type ‘mscconfig’ on the search bar. Hit the Enter key. Select System Configuration from the search result. Go to the Boot section. Hit on the option Safe Boot. Then click on Minimal. To save the changes hit on the Apply button. Then click on the OK to run the Safe Mode and select the Restart option. Press the Windows key and X to run the Command Prompt with the administrator privilege. Type ‘chkdks /f’ and hit the Enter key on the keyboard. Press Y and hit the Enter. Type the command ‘DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth’ and hit the Enter key from the keyboard. Now, wait for some time.
We provide all the possible solutions in this guideline. We hope after successfully following the above methods the high memory usage Windows 10 issue would not disturb you anymore.